Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome New Owner Josh Harris

Dan T.

10 hours ago, HTTSkins said:

Sounds like a fire sale may happen if we suck Sunday 

Which really doesn't make any sense because people expect us to lose to the eagles, who are considered a Super Bowl contender in the NFC.

Seems like a "fire sale" would've happened last week, when the team gave such a pathetic showing against the lowly, 1-5, injury riddled giants.

Go figure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkinsGuy said:

Which really doesn't make any sense because people expect us to lose to the eagles, who are considered a Super Bowl contender in the NFC.

Seems like a "fire sale" would've happened last week, when the team gave such a pathetic showing against the lowly, 1-5, injury riddled giants.

Go figure. 

It never makes sense, because this current management can’t do better than following bad processes with worse processes. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, HTTSkins said:

Sounds like a fire sale may happen if we suck Sunday 

Assuming the players that are tradable play well and aren't injured.

Personally, I rather they make moves in the offseason under the leadership of a new GM, FO staff, and head coach.  Getting trade capital from good teams is usually meh anyway.

Edited by Leonard Washington
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If we can get a #1 for Allen , I’d do it. You can’t resign both Sweat and Young, trade one of them.

I’ll be shocked if any the big name players are traded. Even if fall to 3-5; Ron will still think we will make playoffs and will be reluctant to move anyone he feels we need.

If any player is traded, it will be someone we won’t miss.

• Sad 1

56 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

So they are seemingly desperate (in my opinion) to trade Chase but won't even listen to offers about Allen. 

Personally, I think the move should be to shop both Sweat AND Allen.

Allen is my favourite player, but I agree we should listen to offers. This thing needs blown up. All players should be on the table for a trade.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Stihl89 said:

Apologies, but this is just a continuation of my years-long rant about how stupidly, and more important short-sightedly, they handled their DL assets. They have let the value of those players dwindle while Ron chased mediocrity with no thought to actually trying to build a contending team. Even leading to a reach for a 2nd round DT because they knew they couldn't re-sign all of them and so resigned themselves to losing Payne for nothing. But still held on to him because, you know, maybe he could win us a couple of extra games in that walk year. Of course, Payne played so well he caused them to change their minds and reverse track.

Even if you go back a few weeks ago and think about how to address this going forward, the smart approach would have been to put a full-court press on getting Sweat or Payne signed so that the high value trade chips (Allen and Payne) could be shopped. But, of course, they can't process basic thins like this so they'll do the easy thing and trade one or both of the DEs for pennies on the dollar. 

Pure incompetence every step of the way. 

• Like 5

Just now, 88Comrade2000 said:

Ron won’t trade anyone that’s worth something. He thinks he’s going to go on a winning streak.

Josh should overrule him. Of course, if he does that; then he should just fire Ron.

I highly doubt Ron has any say in personnel decisions at this point.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

So they are seemingly desperate (in my opinion) to trade Chase but won't even listen to offers about Allen. 

Personally, I think the move should be to shop both Sweat AND Allen.

Keim has hinted at it. Chase’s knee is a ticking time bomb - teams are worried that it’ll hold up over the rest of the season never mind a long term contract

4 hours ago, method man said:

Keim has hinted at it. Chase’s knee is a ticking time bomb - teams are worried that it’ll hold up over the rest of the season never mind a long term contract

If that's the case and a team like the Bears are offering a 2nd for him you take it. 

• Like 1