Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

There arent very many lengthy sit down interviews of Caleb Williams out there that i could find. But this is a good one. Goes into his decision making, his relationship with his dad and how he deals with mental pressure. They guy is smart, likeable and funny at times.

thanks for sharing.

I agree he seems smart and confident. He also reminds me of RG3, in that I’m not sure how much of it is actually real.

• Like 2

Boy, we are really in a massive win-win situation. A lot seems to be coming out on Mayes upside and it sounds tantalizing. And yet there also Caleb who has just been special for 3 years and had many circling 2024 for him to come out. 

I don’t care who we get because either one would be potentially elite for us. What an exciting time. 

Personally, I’d do backflicks over either one. 

• Like 2

Hypothetical:

Rumors are some teams view Daniels as the #1 pick and he could get there with his off season. Probably a bit of a long shot but you never know. We saw the rise Richardson made to #4 last year so with such an eye popping season maybe Daniels gets there. 

5% chance. But Chicago goes Daniels at #1. 

You’re sitting at 2 with Caleb and Maye on the board. NE calls and offers you #3, #34 and a 2025 1st. 

You making that trade knowing you’d still get either Maye or Caleb at #3? 

What if there is smoke on Caleb enough to drop him. What if the Pats want to swap us to get Maye? Imagine getting Caleb + #34 and a 1st next year. Would be a hell of a start for this FO. 

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Hypothetical:

Rumors are some teams view Daniels as the #1 pick and he could get there with his off season. Probably a bit of a long shot but you never know. We saw the rise Richardson made to #4 last year so with such an eye popping season maybe Daniels gets there. 

You’re sitting at 2 with Caleb and Maye on the board. NE calls and offers you #3, #34 and a 2025 1st. 

What if there is smoke on Caleb enough to drop him. What if the Pats want to swap us to get Maye? Imagine getting Caleb + #34 and a 1st next year. Would be a hell of a start for this FO. 

If Peters and the HC are in love with both and have a plan for each to succeed, then hell yeah I’d do that. I’d put the chance of all that happening under 1%.

34 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Hypothetical:

Anthony Richardson went from a potential day 2 pick, to a late 1st round pick to the #4 pick that the Vikings tried to offer MULTIPLE 1st rounders to trade up for and Richardson was one of the most inaccurate QBs in college, by every single metric, had super poor mechanics and barely started any games. 

But he impressed in interviews and tested off the charts at the combine.

What I am saying is this whole QB situation is going to fluctuate a ton in the next few months

Edited by ThatNFLChick
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

Yeah totally agree it’s unlikely but it would just take the Bears falling in love with Daniels to open the door. Or the Patriots. We aren’t answering a phone to trade from 2-3 without knowing who they’re taking. If the Bears went Maye or Caleb and the Patriots called wanting Daniels?

I guess the chances are super slim but it’s a fun thought exercise. 

OR I suppose our preferred QB could be Daniels in which case the Patriots could want Maye or Caleb, whoever is there. But again, Pats could just stand Pat at 3 and take their guy if they know we’re taking the other. 

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins

59 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Hypothetical:

Yes, I'm making that trade with NE.

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Hypothetical:

I'm not a scout, so I'm not gonna pretend I'm breaking down all 22 film.  

I'd put it 100% on my scouts, if they basically have them both in the same tier... then yeah.  But if they have a clear preference, I wouldn't even entertain it... getting the RIGHT player out weighs every other consideration.

• Thanks 2

Hypothetical:

Hell yes I would take that trade all day.  Roll the dice with Caleb or Maye and go in 25 with a extra first that we could use to move up in case our rookie flames out

Hypothetical:

We should go all in for our QB1 and forget the rest.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Hypothetical:

Each draft is different, and this year IMO teams know where these guys stand from a talent perspective. Each guy has put a lot on film. From an on the field, throwing perspective I don't think there's much to show. It'll be mostly dependent on them not blowing the interviews, and the medicals coming back good.

I don't really see Daniels and Richardson as the same kind of situation either. I think Daniels solidly cemented himself as a 1st round type of QB talent, with the production to go along with it. MAYBE more of 1-year wonder type if you're really getting to the nitty gritty (Although it doesn't look like he was ever THAT bad during his collegiate career). Richardson was known to teams, but he was a lot more of that classic late process riser that you describe, descended from the Josh Allen orc tribe of QB'ing, IE; Raw athletic specimen that was probably overdrafted due to QB inflation tax, that some team talked themselves into believing they could teach him how to play QB (Still TBD on that one).

While I don't think the Bears will draft Daniels at #1, I'd actually give it better odds than you actually granted. I don't think there's as much guess work involved with Daniels, he's a more polished product than Richardson was, and has put a lot more on film. You don't really have to talk yourself into that one making sense as much if you're in the Top 5.

Edited by BBLXIX

JJ McCarthy is such a diva 

(there is a double standard there… of course, McCarthy has been pretty much 50/50 the whole time and really could use another year… but fair is fair!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Anthony Richardson went from a potential day 2 pick, to a late 1st round pick to the #4 pick that the Vikings tried to offer MULTIPLE 1st rounders to trade up for and Richardson was one of the most inaccurate QBs in college, by every single metric, had super poor mechanics and barely started any games. 

But he impressed in interviews and tested off the charts at the combine.

What I am saying is this whole QB situation is going to fluctuate a ton in the next few months

For me, the appealing thing about Richardson beyond his physical measurable was his intelligence — he had one of the highest Wonderlic scores of his class (so did Howell btw). A raw prospect with elite physical traits *and* high horsepower between the ears is a more attractive bet IMO.

How did he do in Indy before getting injured? Pretty well, right?

2 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Odunze is your WR 5?

He’s a slash with Franklin. I noticed I’m a little bit less high on Odunze as the forum while still being high on him

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Daniels isnt going #1. I would bet my lifes savings on it. 

You should be careful with statements like that. You never know...

Daniels only needs to have one organization to fall in love with him, especially if he blows up his workouts

Also, crazy as it is, Williams may not declare. And Maye could get injured. Hey, ya never know!

• Like 1