Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Jack Campbell is starting to come along nicely.

Jahmyr Gibbs looks great.

Kirby Joseph was one of my favorite ‘22 safeties. 

I’ll tell ya what… I love this Lions team. So many guys I liked (I wasn’t alone in liking them). 

They are electric and fun.

La Porta has been great and Mayer has been solid as well.

This was such a good potential draft class for us and we blew it on so many levels.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

La Porta has been great and Mayer has been solid as well.

This was such a good potential draft class for us and we blew it on so many levels.

YUP!

As much as I loved LaPorta, I still think Mayer would have been a better fit for this team due to Mayer's blocking ability to assist our sketchy OT's going into the year. I especially felt that once they missed on OL in the first round where all the decent tackles went. Mayer can do it all.

• Thumb up 1

16 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

And spend our high first round pick on an edge?

We could pick one up with 1 of our 2nd round picks(hopefully 3 of them), Young is not worth 20m+ a year in my opinion. Toohill can take 1 of the spots, won't get as many sacks but he won't lose contain every other play either. 

Edited by markmills67

3 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

We could pick one up with 1 of our 2nd round picks(hopefully 3 of them), Young is not worth 20m+ a year in my opinion. Toohill can take 1 of the spots, won't get as many sacks but he won't lose contain every other play either. 

Really excited to see Toohill get more snaps

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, philibusters said:

I want to keep Young.  He is only 24 years old.  Hopefully working with a new coaching staff can be a spark for him.

Extending him is the only way to achieve this and I'd be stunned if he and his agent will be willing to take less than what they could possibly get in free agency.

1 hour ago, Bantu said:

Extending him is the only way to achieve this and I'd be stunned if he and his agent will be willing to take less than what they could possibly get in free agency.

I don't think the money is the issue. The question now becomes: Do we need to take him hostage (fancy way for saying use the tag) or will he want to re-sign here on his own accord...

Given that Sweat has been moved we can easily keep him with the tag now with no issues or backend concerns. 

Just now, UK Skins said:

Kind of. The second 3rd is the 49ers comp pick, so effectively a 4th

Not personal, but this is such a pet peeve. It is not effectively a 4th. It is in the 3rd round, therefore it's effectively a 3rd round pick. The 4th round starts with the 1st pick in the 4th round.

I am not a crackpot on Make a GIF

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Not personal, but this is such a pet peeve. It is not effectively a 4th. It is in the 3rd round, therefore it's effectively a 3rd round pick. The 4th round starts with the 1st pick in the 4th round.

Hence the word "effectively"? I didn't say it WAS a 4th rounder

At least it will be an exciting draft prep season with 5 picks in the Top 100. 

Hate to root for us to lose out. Honestly would be kind of funny if we somehow backdoored into the playoffs in a mediocre NFC. 

I think Howell is/could be the guy for one more year. Unless we somehow end up with the #1 or #2 pick, that 1st rounder is going to be earmarked for OL regardless of where it is. And I would another of the 2/2/3/3 will go to the OL as well.

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Uness we somehow end up with the #1 or #2 pick, that 1st rounder is going to be earmarked for OL regardless of where it is. And I would another of the 2/2/3/3 will go to the OL as well.

Hell, I wouldn't complain if 4 or 5 of them went to O-line.  Why stop at two?

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Hate to root for us to lose out. Honestly would be kind of funny if we somehow backdoored into the playoffs in a mediocre NFC.

You accidentally have stumbled on to the next part of the script...

Edited by Bifflog
  • Haha 1