Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Commanders Chris Rodriguez Jr. RB, UK

PCS

4 hours ago, Brother Redskin said:

Looks like we've finally found Peyton Barber's replacement.  Hopefully he's able to push the pile on 3rd or 4th and short.

Well, I confess to having this "thing" for a power RB who can get Just One More Yard.  

• Like 1

Analyst calls Chris Rodriguez the most important player to his team in college football

There’s no denying C-Rod has been a major part of Kentucky football in recent years.

By Ethan DeWitt  Oct 1, 2021, 6:00am EDT

hris Rodriguez Jr. is a household name among Kentucky Wildcats fans.

Over the last couple of seasons, C-Rod has continually shown how great of a running back he is, and due to that, he’s starting to gain the national recognition he deserves.

Mike Farrell of Rivals even took it a step farther as he talked about how important the skillset Rodriguez brings to the program is.

In this week's edition of Mind of Mike, Farrell was asked who he thought the most important player to their team in all of college football was, and he chose Kentucky’s star back.

“To me, it’s running back Chris Rodriguez Jr. for Kentucky, who doesn’t get his share of love,”

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, PlayAction said:

I'm glad EB got his guy.  It sounds like he missed out on some other players that he really wanted.  Mayhew said sometimes he wished he had been more aggressive with the trade offers.  We will never know whom they coveted.  

I'm guessing they wanted Branch in the 2nd and possibly a TE in the 3rd but didn't make the aggressive trade ups to get them. 

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

So we already have a #22 and a #24 (happens to be a fellow RB) … any guess as to what his jersey number will be? When do they pick? Wore 24 in high school too… trying to get my custom jersey ready!

I am late to the Rodriguez party.

Watched 5 games between last night and this morning.

I was a big Dameon Pierce guy before the draft a year before.  This dude has a lot of Pierce in him.  Such a violent runner.

Keim said they had him rated as a third rounder.

I just dug up one of my draft magazines which had him as the 4th best back in the draft.  I wouldn't go that far personnally.  But I do think he's going to be a fun addition

rodriguez.jpeg

rodriguez2.jpeg

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

13 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

They had him ranked as a third rounder.   Scot McCloughan said on Galdi's podcast he had him as a 2nd rounder, loves the player.  Seemed to be his favorite pick of this team's draft.

Lord, imagine this board if we’d taken him at 47, lol

What are people thoughts on Running backs in draft, particularly how much is the position devalued.  Obviously getting a guy that had a consensus third round grade and some second round grades in the 6th round is a good get.  But lets say the consensus is 3rd round.   Due to the low cost of getting running backs in free agency  (you can get a middle of the pack starting RB in free agency for 4 or 5 million per year), running backs are definitely devalued.   For example the Lions took Gibbs at 12 and will pay him a little over 4 million a year during his four year rookie contract.  I think Gibbs will be better than middle of the pack, but even higher end RB's only go for 12 or 13 million per season, so there is only 8 or 9 million of surplus value and that assumes Gibbs ends up a top 5 or 6 RB in the league.

My instinct is just add one round to a RB's grade.  So if you have a split on grading a guy as as second and third round, that means to me he is a consensus third rounder.  Then add a round cause he is a RB and that makes his position adjusted grade a fourth rounder.   So using that strategy, getting him anywhere after the 4th round is good value.

But yeah, the board would have been upset if we took him at 47, and they would have been somewhat justified about it.

• Like 2

I am just glad we got a back that can hold his own in pass pro.  It's pointless to draft a hands back that has no ability to block. Its better to target those types in free agency IMO. 

Or stop ****ing around and go all in on all down backs. 

• Thanks 1