Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Commanders Chris Rodriguez Jr. RB, UK

PCS

35 minutes ago, method man said:

I wonder what type of workload he gets next year assuming everyone is healthy. I wonder if he ends up outcarrying Gibson when it is all said and done.

If Howell and the OL have good and healthy years he and Robinson should be constant road graders. If not there will be a lot of passing downs and Gibson sees a lot of time. 

Scot McCloughan on Sheean's podcast.  His favorite pick in the draft was Chris Rodriguez -- he thinks he was the best pick in the draft for any team.  He graded him as a 2nd rounder.  He actually had Frank Gore watch some of his games and sounded like Gore concurred with Scot -- as to Rodriguez's consistency and violence in his running style. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

2nd = still drinkin' haha. I am thrilled to hear RR mention that Rodz has better hands than advertised. Yes I am still stinging that we couldn't figure out that Perine wasn't a FB dive or bust player who now may well be slated for a starting job in Denver after years of significant 3rd down / hands work stealing snaps from Mixon's fantasy owners. I do think the days of the one dimensional back used to sell play action is slowly fading away - they need decent enough hands or be stout in pass pro to keep the playbook opened up. Play action can work sure but think you need a QB that sells it well.

I hope EB finds ways to use Robs and Rodz in the passing game this year.  I don't want to always telegraph RUN when in the game.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

On 5/27/2023 at 1:53 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

Scot McCloughan on Sheean's podcast.  His favorite pick in the draft was Chris Rodriguez -- he thinks he was the best pick in the draft for any team.  He graded him as a 2nd rounder.  He actually had Frank Gore watch some of his games and sounded like Gore concurred with Scot -- as to Rodriguez's consistency and violence in his running style. 

So with him and Howell, we have two second rounders! Just kidding but it is great there is sentiment outside the organization that he is as good a player as they feel they got in Rodriguez! 

Edited by DWinzit
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, DWinzit said:

So with him and Howell, we have two second rounders! Just kidding but it is great there is sentiment outside the organization that he is as good a player as they feel they got in Rodriguez! 

Doesn't surprise me.  Scot loves big physical backs that play with mean streaks -- that's Rodriguez to a tee.

• Like 1

He kind of reminds me of Emmit Smith back at Florida. I know that I shouldn't say things like this lol but i popped in my head while watching some of his tape. I like that he is violent in blitz pick up also. 

I'm definitely not holding him to any such standards. 

Edited by XxSpearheadxX

Offense has a chance to hit ceiling of dynamic at times. 

Loce what the Rodriguez pick opens up for Gibson. I liked Mckissic but often wondered to myself what if Gibson was given those snaps.

Is this the role Gibson will take over? Any consensus on this?

• Thumb up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2023 at 10:25 PM, Koolblue13 said:

Matt Jones is the next Edgerin James. 

Wasn't it Marshawn Lynch?

...which McCloughan also compared Chris Rodriguez with. McCloughan absolutely loved our draft, and that means absolutely nothing for whether we should think differently about our draft from before McCloughan started speaking. That guy should just stay sober and move on to a different career/hobby/whatever.

11 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Wasn't it Marshawn Lynch?

...which McCloughan also compared Chris Rodriguez with. McCloughan absolutely loved our draft, and that means absolutely nothing for whether we should think differently about our draft from before McCloughan started speaking. That guy should just stay sober and move on to a different career/hobby/whatever.

The Scot seal of approval is worrisome. 

What was your old username?

2 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Trying to remember, I think it used to be Alcoholic Zebra. If it was that one, it was always short lived. It eventually got caught on most other sites username filter because of 'alcohol'.

Oh yeah. That was a good one. I knew that I knew you. :ols:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

The Scot seal of approval is worrisome. 

What was your old username?

Scot's not done too bad with most of his drafts.  Heck John Schneider consider by some as the best in the business had a couple of real clunker drafts.  Heck so did Bobby Beathard. 

But if you don't want to take Scot's word for it about Rodriguez.  Take one of the players Scot drafted, Frank Gore.  Scot said he had Gore watch Rodriguez and he loved him, too.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Scot's not done too bad with most of his drafts.  Heck John Schneider consider by some as the best in the business had a couple of real clunkers.  Heck so did Bobby Beathard.

But if you don't want to take Scot's word for it about Rodriguez.  Take one of the players Scot drafted, Frank Gore.  Scot said he had Gore watch Rodriguez and he loved him, too.

I'm just joking around.

I'm open minded about Rod.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm just joking around.

I'm open minded about Rod.

Cool.:D

Scot's 2015 draft was good.  2016 -- meh, but not a disaster -- Fuller, Ionnadis but the key for me in that draft he actually did something none of our other GMs did which is get draft picks for the next draft -- he traded down and got three picks for 2017 in that draft. 

lol, the one thing Scot did that I wish we had other GMs who likewise cared about -- Roseman style pick up picks for the next draft, its not all about now.   Unbelievable that unless am forgetting a year the only time we ever traded down in the draft to get a higher pick the following season was in 2016.  Sad. 😢

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Cool.:D

Scot's 2015 draft was good.  2016 -- meh, but not a disaster -- Fuller, Ionnadis but the key for me in that draft he actually did something none of our other GMs did which is get draft picks for the next draft -- he traded down and got three picks for 2017 in that draft. 

lol, the one thing Scot did that I wish we had other GMs who likewise cared about -- Roseman style pick up picks for the next draft, its not all about now.   Unbelievable that unless am forgetting a year the only time we ever traded down in the draft to get a higher pick the following season was in 2016.  Sad. 😢

We've been chasing after bad money ever since Dan got here. It's a loser mentality. That isn't Harris's style, so I expect a lot to change on that front. 

• Like 3