Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Commanders Chris Rodriguez Jr. RB, UK

PCS

9 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

We've been chasing after bad money ever since Dan got here. It's a loser mentality. That isn't Harris's style, so I expect a lot to change on that front. 

We are almost always buyers never sellers under Dan.  We lost just about every trade we ever made as to being buyers.  When we were the rare occasiona sellers -- we didn't leverage value or even care about value and we were only sellers because we were boxed into selling. 

A first for Trent or a 2nd and third for him depending on the source if we traded him during the season -- but screw it lets make Trent squirm and trade him instead for a cheaper price in the off season.  A first and change for Kirk -- sorry no, we don't want to give Kyle the satisfaction, we will take our 3rd round compensation pick instead.  On and on.  They didn't give a rats behind about value whether as buyers or sellers.

It's not rocket science why this team is the ony one not to win 11 games in the last 30 years with no one even close as having that bad of a run on that front. 

It's sad that I got to think back at the 2016 draft and remember wasn't it cool that we actually acquired three (not even high ones) picks for 2017?  

The future is now -- agressive mediocrity as the Finlay podcast crew likes to define this era is almost over.

Ron's regime sadly overlaps Bruce's regime to some extent.  It's a more competent -- and non sleazy version of the Bruce era but the attacking mediocrity approach is just about the same drill.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

We are almost always buyers never sellers under Dan.  We lost just about every trade we ever made as to being buyers.  When we were the rare occasiona sellers -- we didn't leverage value or even care about value and we were only sellers because we were boxed into selling. 

A first for Trent or a 2nd and third for him depending on the source if we traded him during the season -- but screw it lets make Trent squirm and trade him instead for a cheaper price in the off season.  A first and change for Kirk -- sorry no, we don't want to give Kyle the satisfaction, we will take our 3rd round compensation pick instead.  On and on.  They didn't give a rats behind about value whether as buyers or sellers.

It's not rocket science why this team is the ony one not to win 11 games in the last 30 years with no one even close as having that bad of a run on that front. 

It's sad that I got to think back at the 2016 draft and remember wasn't it cool that we actually acquired three (not even high ones) picks for 2017?  

The future is now -- agressive mediocrity as the Finlay podcast crew likes to define this era is almost over.

Ron's regime sadly overlaps Bruce's regime to some extent.  It's a more competent -- and non sleazy version of the Bruce era but the attacking mediocrity approach is just about the same drill.

The Trent and Kirk situations, could have set us up better than the way Howie handled the Wentz situation. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Cool.:D

Scot's 2015 draft was good.  2016 -- meh, but not a disaster -- Fuller, Ionnadis but the key for me in that draft he actually did something none of our other GMs did which is get draft picks for the next draft -- he traded down and got three picks for 2017 in that draft. 

lol, the one thing Scot did that I wish we had other GMs who likewise cared about -- Roseman style pick up picks for the next draft, its not all about now.   Unbelievable that unless am forgetting a year the only time we ever traded down in the draft to get a higher pick the following season was in 2016.  Sad. 😢

Disagree with 2016 not being a disaster. I think it showed he was already hitting the bottle hard and had stopped working by then. The Doctson and Sua character issues, especially with Sua were big red flags. Sua's was red and radioactive.

McCloughan was blindsided by the news the local beatwriters dug up. Apparently it wasn't hard to dig that stuff up either. Sua quit his college team twice but McCloughan never knew?

Some credit to Fuller and Ioannidis becoming quality players, but still the top two picks couldn't even make it to the end of their rookie contracts. Not just with us, but the entire NFL.

Even Ryan Anderson, a bust, got a second contract in the league.

1st and 2nd round picks being that bad, I don't even know if it's happened another time in this team's history. Not in the franchises history for current form of the draft. You'd have to go back to the 1960's when the draft still had 17 rounds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Disagree with 2016 not being a disaster. I think it showed he was already hitting the bottle hard and had stopped working by then. The Doctson and Sua character issues, especially with Sua were big red flags. Sua's was red and radioactive.

McCloughan was blindsided by the news the local beatwriters dug up. Apparently it wasn't hard to dig that stuff up either. Sua quit his college team twice but McCloughan never knew?

Some credit to Fuller and Ioannidis becoming quality players, but still the top two picks couldn't even make it to the end of their rookie contracts. Not just with us, but the entire NFL.

Even Ryan Anderson, a bust, got a second contract in the league.

1st and 2nd round picks being that bad, I don't even know if it's happened another time in this team's history. Not in the franchises history for current form of the draft. You'd have to go back to the 1960's when the draft still had 17 rounds.

2 hits in a draft is bad but it’s not a disaster as to hit rates in a draft. And I give him props for adding 3 picks for the 2017 draft.  People don’t seem to care about that in retrospect about that draft but I do. 

The narrative for the why picks failed IMO doesn’t matter. All I care about are how many hits did you get in the draft.  As you know plenty of misses including in the 2nd half of the first round and 2nd round happen every draft. Every GM if they are at their job long enough will have a lemon draft or two.

On 6/19/2023 at 12:18 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

2 hits in a draft is bad but it’s not a disaster as to hit rates in a draft. And I give him props for adding 3 picks for the 2017 draft.  People don’t seem to care about that in retrospect about that draft but I do. 

The narrative for the why picks failed IMO doesn’t matter. All I care about are how many hits did you get in the draft.  As you know plenty of misses including in the 2nd half of the first round and 2nd round happen every draft. Every GM if they are at their job long enough will have a lemon draft or two.

The future picks thing is a refreshing strategy switch.

The narrative is important. If it is an indication that he stopped trying because his alcoholism came back, then it's a narrative we can't dismiss. It would explain how his first two picks were so bad we'd have to go back half a century to find a comparable draft failure. It also indicates we'd likely have to look elsewhere for the successes of later round picks (3rd and 5th) as area scouts and positional coaches would have more say. If McCloughan was on the bottle hard by then, and it seems likely, then odds are he looked less seriously if at all at someone like Matt Ioannidis.

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Its all about maximizing value and future picks tend to be had for significant discounts. But I wouldn't make bad trades just to acquire more future picks. For example I wouldn't trade a 1st this year for a 2nd and 3rd next year. 

That’s not my understanding. Future picks are weighted heavily. For example, if you want a 2nd round pick this year…. you’re trading next year’s first. That’s what I’ve noticed in NFL trades.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

40 minutes ago, Commander Chaaarmnder said:

The second coming of Derrick Henry (minus the size, video game prowess, and prestige).  I think he will run some dudes over this season.

Derrick Henry isn't Brandon Jacobs, he doesn't run dudes over as often as we think. Best attribute is a side step stiff arm. That's kind of only as good with his unique size. Big stride and big arm length in the 95th percentile. He uses that so well. He really doesn't do the whole lower shoulder and leg churn through guys nearly as often as people think.

That said, Chris Rodriguez plus Brian Robinson are an awesome smashmouth combo, I think both will run some dudes over this season. Excited for that combo. They are going to be so annoying to play against. Especially when you have a QB who can do legit RPO, and a WR core. As long as the line is OK (which I think it will be, not good, just OK) then the offense can be difficult to play against for safeties and linebackers. You want to cheat because you think you're needed to gang tackle, but you can't.

Derrick Henry stiff arm highlight reel:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

20 hours ago, Die Hard said:

That’s not my understanding. Future picks are weighted heavily. For example, if you want a 2nd round pick this year…. you’re trading next year’s first. That’s what I’ve noticed in NFL trades.

I might be remembering the stat wrong because its been a few months but I think I remember Kevin Cole mentioning on his podcasts that there is a roughly 30% discount using the Jimmy Johnson or similar charts on future picks.

1 hour ago, philibusters said:

I might be remembering the stat wrong because its been a few months but I think I remember Kevin Cole mentioning on his podcasts that there is a roughly 30% discount using the Jimmy Johnson or similar charts on future picks.

the teaming that has the current pick doesn't give the discount, the team with the future gives the discount

22 hours ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Derrick Henry isn't Brandon Jacobs, he doesn't run dudes over as often as we think. Best attribute is a side step stiff arm. That's kind of only as good with his unique size. Big stride and big arm length in the 95th percentile. He uses that so well. He really doesn't do the whole lower shoulder and leg churn through guys nearly as often as people think.

That said, Chris Rodriguez plus Brian Robinson are an awesome smashmouth combo, I think both will run some dudes over this season. Excited for that combo. They are going to be so annoying to play against. Especially when you have a QB who can do legit RPO, and a WR core. As long as the line is OK (which I think it will be, not good, just OK) then the offense can be difficult to play against for safeties and linebackers. You want to cheat because you think you're needed to gang tackle, but you can't.

We have the potential to be a sick, sick offense....things have to go right but that's what potential means.

On 6/22/2023 at 11:56 PM, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Now I'm watching NFL smashmouth running back videos. Thank you. FWIW The A****er/Okoye hit made me want to play football.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, formerly4skins said:

That's got to be one of the funnier bits of mistakenly auto-edited "profanity" I've seen on here 🤣 

Some of the filters seem a little off to me.

I tried calling Snyder a **** (fatherless child) and the filter caught it so I changed It to asshole.

Go figure. 

• Haha 2