Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 NFL Draft Watch and Post Thread - The Hangover Special

KDawg

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’m not going to say it was a reach, or I have any issue with the player.  

And I might piss off all of the BPA people, but at some point you have to consider roster building.

2017 - Jon Allen

2018 - Daron Payne

2019 - Montez Sweat + Haskins

2020 - Chase Young

2021 - Jamin Davis

2022 - Jahan Dotson

2023 - Forbes

That’s just too much attention all in a row to the wrong side of the ball. 

We had a Perry good defense and a horrendous offense.  

Drafting another CB isn’t going to help you win games.  Even if the defense is too 5, and I don’t think this pick really helps with that, it doesn’t matter.

The needed to go offense in the first round and get a starter somehow. 

And they failed spectacularly.

they simply dont have a spot where they really want a new starter

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

Rivera's getting a lot of heat here, but he did draft defensive backs Curl and Forrest.  While those guys are safety and Forbes is a corner, maybe there's some correlation and crossover between evaluating the two positions for him.  He did also draft BSJ who's good when he's on the field. 

Dunno, I'm just spitballin here.

grading a draft before anyone plays has always been both fun and obviously absurd.  We’ll know how chose the right guys in a few years.  We’ll know who chose very badly sooner, but for the most part there’s really no telling until they play.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Okapi p4pi said:

Man, I'm not going to lie I was disappointed I wanted Christian Gonzalez like most of us. However, I don't evaluate players so what do I know lol, I will say Devonta Smith is skinny and he can play. Desean Jackson was small and skinny too, and I remember Dominique Rodgers Cromartie being skinny and he played pretty well.... time will tell.

Offensive players don't have to tackle

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Rivera's getting a lot of heat here, but he did draft defensive backs Curl and Forrest.  While those guys are safety and Forbes is a corner, maybe there's some correlation and crossover between evaluating the two positions for him.  He did also draft BSJ who's good when he's on the field. 

Rivera has been successful drafting DBs in the past. I trust him there at least ...

• Thumb up 2

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Don't think Rivera drafted curl

• Like 1

Honestly, I liked Forbes a lot. He may have went higher than most people predicted, but I think he’s gonna ball for this team.

People talked **** about drafting Dotson, and he was a pleasant surprise. I’m gonna be positive and assume a similar outcome is in store for Forbes.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

BPA baby...B ****ing PA. 

BPA ALWAYS = Player skill + Draft Value + Need + Draft Position

You lose.

Our draft room looked like an Elementary band practice room.  **** off.

If you’re going to quote me. Quote me. Dont be lame :ols:

And what did I lose? We didn’t draft BPA. I think my argument stands. What do you think you’re proving? :ols:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think some folks complaining about the pick in its entirety haven’t watched Forbes play. They’ve seen his weight and jumped to a logical conclusion.

The guy is way too small. And guys that small struggle to survive in the NFL. For that reason I didn’t like the strategy of the pick.

But he has some very good film. He is always on the ball, doesn’t lose his guy very often, quick feet and aggressive for his size. He is a very good player. If he was 6-2 205 and the same athleticism he’d be CB1. And it wouldn’t be close. But he’s not. And that leads to valid questions. 

But if he holds up he’s going to be really good for us. 

He wasn’t my BPA. So, I wouldn’t have taken him at 16. But the size was why. If he overcomes that, the sky is the limit. 

This is a really mature, thought out response.

It looks like both of us are holding up our sides of the deal.

• Like 1

Just now, RWJ said:

Analyst caught wind this morning and Prisco loved the young man @Skinsinparadise .   I respect Prisco from CBS and many others loved him. 

OK, never saw Prisco as a draft guru.  But I am not a "others love" him so enough said kind of guys about the draft.  But to each their own on that.   If its about "others saying", Gonzalez was much more hyped than Forbes -- many within the draft media had Gonzalez going top 10.  Never saw Forbes go top 10.  Not that i care about that stuff but if I did ;)

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Prisco gave him an extra 4 pounds TO MAKE IT TO 170. Think about that.

someone posted a draft profile on him that listed him at 180.  Don't know what that's about.  A 14 lb difference is a pretty big deal

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Honestly, I liked Forbes a lot. He may have went higher than most people predicted, but I think he’s gonna ball for this team.

People talked **** about drafting Dotson, and he was a pleasant surprise. I’m gonna be positive and assume a similar outcome is in store for Forbes.

Its basically a mirror of last year. Good player taken too early. 

I will say though that last year we passed up on legit blue chippers. I don't think there were any this year at our spot except maybe Nolan Smith but he's not a scheme fit.

6 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don’t care about who they drafted. 

He could be really good.  My issue is we keep ignoring the more important side of the ball.  And specify the OL. 

The last OL we picked in the first round was Scherff.  That was 2015.  Granted that wasn’t all Ron.  

But good god.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think some folks complaining about the pick in its entirety haven’t watched Forbes play. They’ve seen his weight and jumped to a logical conclusion.

The guy is way too small. And guys that small struggle to survive in the NFL. For that reason I didn’t like the strategy of the pick.

But he has some very good film. He is always on the ball, doesn’t lose his guy very often, quick feet and aggressive for his size. He is a very good player. If he was 6-2 205 and the same athleticism he’d be CB1. And it wouldn’t be close. But he’s not. And that leads to valid questions. 

But if he holds up he’s going to be really good for us. 

He wasn’t my BPA. So, I wouldn’t have taken him at 16. But the size was why. If he overcomes that, the sky is the limit. 

You know me so you know I watched his tape. He is a ball hawk. He can play. But with his size there is no chance I am passing on Gonzalez for him. NO CHANCE,

• Like 1