Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

4 hours ago, tshile said:

I’ve heard interviews with insiders that said point blank this deal wouldn’t be approved for any other team. 

Florio isn’t making it up. He’s repeating what’s been circulating for a few days now. 

I call BS. No other group has had to fork over 6 billion either.

Not exactly related to the sale but today's NASCAR race most cars run a throwback paint scheme.

Ty Gibbs is running a Burgundy and Gold car for his grandfather. Pretty appropriate weekend for it! 

The Fox guys keep calling the team the wrong name. Sometimes its just the $6billion car.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Dallas forum is deleting all threads related to this, as it keeps stirring a lot of the members into speculation and outcry over their own ownership woes.

This is something no one has really talked about, but good ownership could vault us over a rival franchise like the Cowboys sooner than later. Jerry Jones carries a big legacy and built a beautiful behemoth of a stadium, but that franchise will not be in any particularly special hands after he’s gone. He’s old as hell. Nobody talks about how damn lucky the Cowboys have gotten at QB in modern history. Romo as an UDFA, then Dak as a mid rounder because of a DUI he had before the draft. They’ve had organizational stability to a degree which allowed those guys to be developed, but they also just lucked out. They’d have been mediocre or worse with below average or worse QB play like us the last 15 years. The popularity and prestige of their brand will disguise it for a while but when their luck runs out they could crater into mediocrity (some would argue they’ve already suffered long stretches of mediocrity recently but we’ve been even worse) or be downright destitute not long from now. We may be hitting an upswing building the right way under Harris just as they crest their peak and then fall over the next 5+ years. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 3

24 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Harris boys are quitting right now

lol I checked the score at halftime and it was nearly tied, what the hell happened for it to be nearly a 30 pt game now 

3 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

All very exciting but none of it a surprise per se

I'm waiting for NFL owner vote approval and the transaction closing officially. Then it will be time to celebrate!

@Capskins, I've noticed that you seem to have a solud understanding of what I'll call, "the mega-deal process".

I have a question for you or for any other member with knowledge of how these kind of transactions proceed:

Now that Snyder has officially signed off on the deal is there any way that he could still back out of it, even if the NFL approves it?

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

@Capskins, I've noticed that you seem to have a solud understanding of what I'll call, "the mega-deal process".

I have a question for you or for any other member with knowledge of how these kind of transactions proceed:

Now that Snyder has officially signed off on the deal is there any way that he could still back out of it, even if the NFL approves it?

Once he signed the dotted line, my limited understanding is that it’s a done deal barring some issue among the owners during the approval vote.  Which is extremely unlikely to happen. I have a feeling Snyder is like a passenger that has bad gas on a long road trip. Harris and company will be like a breath of fresh air.

Edited by Rex Tomb
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

I have a feeling Snyder is like a passenger that has bad gas on a long road trip. Harris and company will be like a breath of fresh air.

Except that short road trip turned into a 25 year hijacked nightmare of the most putrid stank. Harris knows how to play Mr. Clean

59 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

There could be some sort of backout cost if that happens. Either for Snyder or the new buyers. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Has anyone considered that Harris is just going to view this broken down shoddy organization as a fixer-upper, make a few renovations, and flip it?

Seems unlikely. You do all that to just flip it? You spend 6 billion just to flip it?

Maybe 10-15 years down the line, Harris decides to sell. There would have to be a reason why he would want to sell.

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Has anyone considered that Harris is just going to view this broken down shoddy organization as a fixer-upper, make a few renovations, and flip it?

Don't even know if that would be possible. Unless the NFL ownership requirements change big time, there's really not much demand. Remember, half the the definition of demand is ability to buy not just the desire.

9 hours ago, tshile said:

I’ve heard interviews with insiders that said point blank this deal wouldn’t be approved for any other team. 

Florio isn’t making it up. He’s repeating what’s been circulating for a few days now. 

The flip side is if it was any other team maybe Harris still becomes owner with a different deal. Basically if he was able to leverage the situation into a more favorable overall structure, good for him.

People need to drop the idea that he was scrambling for financing.  It’s a business deal and it’s always about getting the most for

the least, regardless of the bottom line number.  This reporting doesn’t matter to us, it just reflects that we’ve entered into the phase where NFL and Harris negotiate.  

47 minutes ago, RedDawn said:

People need to drop the idea that he was scrambling for financing.

Well. Supposedly they’re taking a 200 million dollar loan from snyder, and there’s 17 limited partners plus him. 

There also appears to have been only one serious bidder (the Harris group), because the combination of price and current team finances scared away the fee that can even do it. 

it kind of seems like some people are overly defensive of the Harris group. Which is weird. There’s no reason to do anything other than work with what’s reported and just pay attention, there’s really no point in caring either way

Edited by tshile

2 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I get you aren’t serious but on this note - it seems they paid what they thought they could make it worth, not what it’s actually worth, so they’d have to wait a while for it to appreciate *after* fixing it all.