Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

Just now, The Sisko said:

Why? A Celtics loss is always a good thing, but especially so in a playoffs elimination game.

I've lived in Massachusetts my entire 47 years on this planet and I've always been a hometown fan except for football. 

That said I've always been a very casual fan of the Sox, bruins and Celtics and a rabid skins fan.

So I want the Celtics to win but a little part of me now wants to root for harris.

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

2 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

Sometimes, staying silent isn’t being above the fray, it’s tacit approval, even if that’s not really what you intended. 

I agree with the premise, but not in this instance.  I think that you are assuming that Gibbs was aware of anything that occurred within Snyder's ownership or handling of the organization post 2007.  Prior to 2007 was actually Snyder's best run as owner.  The worst he has been accused of all happened after Gibbs left.   In hindsight, Gibbs leaving for the second time was the loss the organization under Snyder could never get right from.  For everything that was wrong with the last 24 years, the four years Joe Gibbs was back in charge of the Football Team was 4 of the VERY few years we weren't embarrassed to be Washington fans.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, redskinss said:

There's now this teensie weensie tiny little part of me that wants the 76ers to win on Sunday and I hate myself for it.

I live in the Philly area and don't care one iota about any team outside of this team.

I'll go be a Sixers fan, **** it, this guy liberated us.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, goskins10 said:

BTW: Anyone in Atlanta for Oct 15th, @skinsmarydu, me and a few othres are gonig to the game!  PM me if you are also interested! Would be great to show out here. Some of you can even come to root for he who must not be named (or is it redacted - well you know who I mean..._). But beware, laughing will be encouraged! 

Probably not the Atlanta game.

But now that he is gone, I'm going to seriously consider doing the trip at least once to watch a game live :)

JESUS, F’ING, WEPT! 🥳

Said previously, I’m new to this board and whilst I’ve followed the team a number of years now, I can’t imagine how it must feel for all of you who were actually raised on it, only to see something so beloved and well respected treated so badly.

This truly is a moment to savour, and I hope you all do so as you deserve.

As to Harris, he’s always been the guy I believed provided the best candidate to be invested in the way that was necessary and whilst Bezos would have been interesting, I just feel the franchise is in much safer and stable hands.

As I outlined in my first post, my concern was that whilst we couldn’t have had anyone worse than Dan, we also could have been stuck with someone who wasn’t an appropriate custodian. But again, I truly feel we have exactly that now and am honestly pumped to see how Harris et al begin laying the foundations that enable things to get turned around.

Here’s to respectability and credibility again, all. Have a great day! 🥳🥳🥳

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

Congratulations to all of you diehards…all of you long suffering fans who kept the faith.

The day many of us thought would never happen has finally arrived.  The worse owner in all of sport is selling!!!!!

• Like 7
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

The one thing that bugs me about some of Dan's straggler defenders, mostly ex-players from the Gibbs 2 era, dudes like Smoot, Portis, etc and even some critics who said (incuding media types last night on the radio) that Dan for his faults would spend would it takes.  But that's absurd.  It was the opposite.  Yeah in the Vinny era they'd spend on FAs.  But after that, it was not the same and all the other things that matter (matter more) he was cheap as heck.

On that note, I want to thank Bruce again for helping make this happen.  Dan was beyond a disaster.  But like I and ohers said on that FO thread years back -- adding Bruce to the mix was the perfect finishing touch to this franchise with the fan base.  I still think we are going to get some article about Dan's take of what happened to this franchise with another dose of heavily putting it on Bruce.  But what that douche misses is as bad as Bruce was at his job -- Dan was 10 times worse, and he hired incompetents like Bruce, so it was all on Dan.  

....Current executives say the organization did not invest enough in maintaining FedEx Field, leading to failing pipes -- which sometimes doused fans with water -- and other problems. Players have complained there is no place to meet with their families after games and no day care for their kids -- as other franchises offer on game day.

...One former Washington assistant coach said when his staff started, the members were struck by the unhappiness of many in the building. Scouts valued by the franchise left because of the low pay. Multiple team sources over the past several years said internal surveys conducted by teams showed Washington's support staff workers ranked at or near the bottom of the pay scale as compared with other teams, despite being in an expensive market. In January, Consumer Affairs ranked Washington, D.C, as the seventh-most expensive place to live in the United States, based on housing costs. Multiple D.C. suburbs in Virginia and Maryland have been on previous lists.

The malaise wasn't just about Snyder. Bruce Allen, the team president from 2010 to 2019, was described as "stingy" by a former front-office employee.

That has improved over the past three years, current employees say, but more work remains.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/36179498/top-priorities-new-owners-dan-snyder-sells-washington-commanders

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1