Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

7 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

So its only immediate family?  I thought also that they basically get to decide who counts.  So Harry and Meghan aren't "royals" anymore.  Similar to Edward VIII.  But assuming they don't do this, and also speaking only of the paternal line, at what point does "legitimate issue" of the younger sons cease being "royal"?

I understand that back in the middle ages France did some pretty crazy stuff, finding a male heir in a distant cousin, to prevent the King of England from inheriting the throne, which kicked off the 100 years war ...

The be a ‘royal’ you have to be a blood relation to the reigning monarch. The whole real life ‘game of thrones’ stuff that saw the crown change hands through history was related to various claims to the throne based on who was the closest living relation and the claims of various branches of families.

Harry is still part of the royal family but doesn’t have any official role anymore. It’s complex and involves who gets money from the crown (it’s called the civil list and Harry is no longer on it). I’m actually very uninterested personally in the whole current institution of the royal family. It’s more the role of monarchy in history and the impact on foreign policy and its effects that interests me.

• Like 2

Meghan (and Harry) CHOSE not to be Royals, so as to make money off their titles without actually having to do the work. And thank you to all my American friends for giving those parasites a home. Good luck though when she does eventually run for the Democrat nomination for President. WE aren't having her back!!

Okay I guess that might be "political commentary", give me a break considering what day it is today?!

Edited by UK Skins
Apology
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thumb down 3
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, mh86 said:

Screw Dan Snyder. 

Thank you. I was wondering how deep down this hole we were going, but being an anglophile, a fan of MartinC and our entire British contingent (including our eclectic Irishman, Corgaigh) and simply appreciating history, I was going to bear it.

Prince Charles GIF

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

Sorry Jumbo, end of discussion. Too much Coronation champagne!

And Screw Snyder!!

No sweat. You and your fellow Brits grace our forum. And every person in every nation shares our sentiments on Dan, I'm sure.

indy 500 indycar GIF by Paddock Insider

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

13 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

I want there to be a thread where members post a video of themselves doing that goofy ass dance that Snyder did up the the owner’s box. It would be peak comedy. 

awkward-dance-awkward.gif

jim-carrey-dance.gif

22 hours ago, Jumbo said:

Thank you. I was wondering how deep down this hole we were going, but being an anglophile, a fan of MartinC and our entire British contingent (including our eclectic Irishman, Corgaigh) and simply appreciating history, I was going to bear it.

Found the one American in this thread who knows that Ireland is part of Great Britain and that Great Britain is not the same as the UK.

Ireland, or The Republic of Ireland, isn’t a part of The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Northern Ireland (or the 6 occupied counties, depending on who you talk to), as the name suggests, is.

Ireland is part of the British Isles, however. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

My corgi made me get up at 4am yesterday so he could watch the coronation. I don’t hold that against you Brits though. Lovely people. I hope, when the time comes, that we can take you peacefully without too much disruption. Same applies to any Canadians who might be reading this.

edit: I don’t actually recall ever seeing any Canadians on here. Do Canadians get regular internet or do they have, you know, “special” internet?

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Starry Plough said:

Ireland, or The Republic of Ireland, isn’t a part of The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Northern Ireland (or the 6 occupied counties, depending on who you talk to), as the name suggests, is.

Ireland is part of the British Isles, however. 

Great Britain refers to the geographic area, not the UK.

I NEED DAN TO SELL WHY ARE WE TALKING ABOUT THIS

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

If speaking casually about a geographical location I’ve no issue with someone saying GB. I was, however, retorting more to the comment that “Ireland is part of Great Britain”, which it isn’t. 

We’ll leave it at that though as it’s not the thread for it. Regards Dan selling, however, it honestly can’t come soon enough as the process, whilst I appreciate was never going to be an overnight thing, has become tediously drawn out.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

My corgi made me get up at 4am yesterday so he could watch the coronation. I don’t hold that against you Brits though. Lovely people. I hope, when the time comes, that we can take you peacefully without too much disruption. Same applies to any Canadians who might be reading this.

edit: I don’t actually recall ever seeing any Canadians on here. Do Canadians get regular internet or do they have, you know, “special” internet?

I have learned everything I know about Canada by watching Letterkenny on Hulu 🙂 I’m sure it’s an accurate representation. 

Highly recommended show by the way. If that’s your forte …

54 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Josh Harris looked pretty giddy yesterday sitting courtside for James Harden's game winning 3...I don't recall ever seeing him that excited. Wish I could find a picture of him jumping out of his seat. TV caught it.

Once this sale is finalized, it's going to be fun having Harris as an an owner.  The guy has already shown that he's fan friendly

• Like 1