Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

On 5/6/2023 at 2:47 PM, UK Skins said:

Meghan (and Harry) CHOSE not to be Royals, so as to make money off their titles without actually having to do the work. And thank you to all my American friends for giving those parasites a home. Good luck though when she does eventually run for the Democrat nomination for President. WE aren't having her back!!

Okay I guess that might be "political commentary", give me a break considering what day it is today?!

haha reminds me of the joke:

Middle age man, new corvette, going 100 mph. State police start chasing, and guy starts driving faster but finally pulls over. Police sees it's a middle aged guy and says OK, I have 10 minutes till my shift ends. If you have a good story I will let you off. Well officer, my wife left our marriage for a state police office. When I saw you, I sped up... because I THOUGHT YOU WERE BRINGING HER BACK!!! 😂 

Edited by HIYA_Beach_Warpath
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 5/6/2023 at 3:52 PM, mistertim said:

*Comes into thread to **** about Dan Snyder. Leaves with a vastly improved understanding of British constitutional monarchy system*

Just remember the current "English" monarchy are all inbred Germans without a real job... like Cowboy fans, but much wealthier.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MartinC said:

I have learned everything I know about Canada by watching Letterkenny on Hulu 🙂 I’m sure it’s an accurate representation. 

Highly recommended show by the way. If that’s your forte …

Here are the best Canadian reference experts

rick moranis bob and doug mackenzie GIF by Warner Archive

Don't forget the back bacon!

:229:The Rook

• Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, The Rook said:

Here are the best Canadian reference experts

rick moranis bob and doug mackenzie GIF by Warner Archive

Don't forget the back bacon!

:229:The Rook

To continue the off-topic international theme, and further annoy NewCliche21, I once penned a treatise in the 7th grade (the same year I dropped out of school) for my first ever World Affairs class ( living in Anchorage Alaska) entitled "Canada: the Developmentally Challenged Giant On Our Doorstep." 

My sense of humor then was, of course, much as it is now but was definitely not shared by the instructor. I was also kicked out of Catholic Junior High School later that year but we can't mention religion in the Stadium so I better not bring that up.

🤫

• Haha 4

I'm sad I missed out on the UK talk. I spent more than 5 years playing video games reenacting Napoleonic Wars battles. Lots of fun, lots of friends made across Europe while in the comfort of my computer chair, and a lot of learned tidbits about the UK military, and by extension, the monarchy. The Sharpe's Rifles mini-series was required watching.

Also met a few Canadians from those games. They confirmed to me that this song accurately describes Canada.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

My sense of humor then was, of course, much as it is now but was definitely not shared by the instructor. I was also kicked out of Catholic Junior High School later that year but we can't mention religion in the Stadium so I better not bring that up.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

To continue the off-topic international theme, and further annoy NewCliche21, I once penned a treatise in the 7th grade (the same year I dropped out of school) for my first ever World Affairs class ( living in Anchorage Alaska) entitled "Canada: the Developmentally Challenged Giant On Our Doorstep." 

🤫

God dammit.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

There are scars, and potentially big ones. The nightmare of Dan Snyder’s ownership moving toward a sale in Washington might drag on; his divorce with the league continues to be exceedingly ugly. On Thursday, attorneys general in New York and California opened a joint investigation into a hostile work environment and discrimination against female NFL employees. This follows a New York Times investigation with disturbing allegations, particularly by one former NFL Network VP who said the league never addressed her claims of “pervasive sexism in the workplace,” per the Times. I’ve heard the league is concerned about the investigation, as it should be, and what the AGs could learn.

No matter the news off the field, though, the game looks unassailable, at least to its fans, 11 weeks before the start of training camps and the new season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/7/2023 at 3:31 PM, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

My corgi made me get up at 4am yesterday so he could watch the coronation. I don’t hold that against you Brits though. Lovely people. I hope, when the time comes, that we can take you peacefully without too much disruption. Same applies to any Canadians who might be reading this.

edit: I don’t actually recall ever seeing any Canadians on here. Do Canadians get regular internet or do they have, you know, “special” internet?

We only get internet on Tuesdays from April to October. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I'm fully aware that this was filmed during the off season. But honestly guys, I fear the aforementioned concerns that he may be too small to be a NFL center have some merit. Ricky Thunberg is gonna be yet another wasted pick

• Haha 6

7 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

You know since Dan’s still getting one or two more payments after the initial payment, he’s evil karma will still hang over the franchise. Remember he’s not her the 6.05 Billion all at once.

It won't be Karma. Karma would be bad things happening to him for what he did to this franchise. It will however be because he ran this franchise so poorly for 20 plus years that it will take years of hard work to undo what has been done or more importantly, not done. His influence will be felt for several years that is for sure.

Karma would be his yacht sinking. 

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

58 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

It won't be Karma. Karma would be bad things happening to him for what he did to this franchise. It will however be because he ran this franchise so poorly for 20 plus years that it will take years of hard work to undo what has been done or more importantly, not done. His influence will be felt for several years that is for sure.

Karma would be his yacht sinking. 

I have kind of a hail mary opposing view.

I think that once he leaves, the contrast will be SO BLATANT, that we're gonna get a disproportionately high level of goodwill.  The bar is so effing low that even the slightest hop over would look like a rocket flying.

• Like 3