Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

On 4/27/2023 at 1:15 PM, ClaytoAli said:

Dan just doesn’t understand him leaving will border on an international holiday type celebration. There will be festivals from here to Mexico City, to London, to Hanoi, to Nairobi, to Zanzibar….ending in Sydney.

We may get a Disney movie out of this.

It's gonna be like the end of Return of the Jedi where the whole galaxy erupts in celebration

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

As I've been saying, i think if Harris is the guy, this FO days are numbered.

It's funny i like the Giants draft, and their off season approach.  i didn't realize until today the Giants raided one of the Eagles top FO guys.

I think there is a good shot, Harris would do the same, maybe even @Koolblue13 who brings some Eagles ties and can navigate both worlds :D

I don't feel nasty about it like the tweet below, this FO has been decent IMO.  But soon we can step that up.

Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie on Howie Roseman’s ability to find front-office rising stars

Lurie has high praise for the front office after it experienced turnover last offseason.

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/eagles-front-office-howie-roseman-alec-halaby-jeffrey-lurie-20230401.html

Edited by Skinsinparadise

4 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Absolutely. Howie is the best since Ozzie retired.

Howie is the goddamn Steve Jobs of GM's.  They ran him out of town, floundered, and then asked him to come back and now he's killing it.  I hate that team so much.

And no, no cancer jokes, that's way beyond the pale.

1 minute ago, NewCliche21 said:

Howie is the goddamn Steve Jobs of GM's.  They ran him out of town, floundered, and then asked him to come back and now he's killing it.  I hate that team so much.

Cancer jokes?

Howie does stuff like the Swift trade. Swift is from Philly and had been to the Linc as a kid. Head of security noticed him and had a hand in this. Howie listened. It's cool how he's stacking the roster with Philly kids who want to play for their home town team.

2 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

Well, probably hate them even more after 23.  They should make a return trip to the SB but this time finishing the job; by winning.

9 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

I got to thank Bruce in retrospect for helping burn the team to the ground.  We wouldn't be here today IMO without his contribution to this team's demise.  Dan was by far the lead clown but Bruce did his part, too.  The Will Compton story about Bruce and Dan giggling like school girls drunk in the movie theater is one story among many.

That FO thread would be pure comedy if we relived it today.  It even had some intermiitten Dan defense but that was much more scant.  Some would argue Bruce was good, some would argue he was just OK but didn't deserve the criticism from me and others that he was bad at his job.

I'd bring up Roseman at the time.  And I'd get some push back including that if anything it proves that a non-scout can run a team so why not Bruce?

When the Eagles had a down year a few years ago, I got called out by one of those regulars from the FO thread.  So while i am no Eagles fan by a long shot.  I do love how they go abiout their business and have been for some time.     And it wouldn't shock me if we raid that FO when Harris jumps on.

Another NFL team has plucked a top front office executive from the Eagles' nest.

On Monday, the New York Giants announced that they have hired Brandon Brown to be the team's new assistant general manager. Brown interviewed for the Vikings' general manager position earlier this offseason.

The 33-year-old Brown joined the Eagles in 2017 as the team's assistant director of pro scouting. In 2019, he was promoted to the director of pro scouting before earning the title of director of player personnel in 2021. In that role, Brown oversaw the Eagles' pro scouting department and did crossover work on the college scouting side with co-director of player personnel Ian Cunningham, who was hired by the Chicago Bears to be their new assistant general manager on January 29.

...Brown is the latest member of the Eagles' personnel staff since 2019 to be hired to a high-ranking position elsewhere, joining Cunningham, Jets General Manager Joe Douglas, Browns General Manager Andrew Berry, and Panthers Vice President of Player Personnel Patrick Stewart.

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/giants-hire-brandon-brown-as-assistant-gm#:~:text=Another NFL team has plucked,team's new assistant general manager.

Edited by Skinsinparadise