Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

1 hour ago, zCommander said:

You guys don't do business deals much lol

I said if Dan can verify it is a legit offer and the money is there then he wouldn't pass up an extra billion even if it meant waiting 7 days. Now to you all not knowing the cash flow until 7 days is putting you all in a sketchy mode. Sure one has to be skeptical, too good to be true or one in hand is better than 2 in the bushes etc, but if legit - well you just made a deal of a century. Dan did some sketchy stuff with his communication business so I am sure he would know if not legit. 

I do business deals and pretty much everything about this "deal" would be a red alarm. First there's the overall sus idea of "I'll give you a billion now and then 6 more at some point...it's like layaway!"

Secondly, there's the established fact that this Brian Davis dude has a well known track record of basically being a scammer who takes money from people and doesn't pay it back. He's been sued by many people because of it.

Even if Dan were stupid enough to take the offer, there's practically zero chance that it would get through the NFL or even just due diligence on the part of the financial institutions involved.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

In a previous post I wrote:

"If I was Harris/Rales I would tell Dan in no uncertain terms that if he accepts another offer I'm pulling my $6.05 billion dollar offer off the table and will go on to other opportunities.

If Dan wants to go rogue, let him roll the dice and bet everything on Brian Davis somehow being able to round up $6 billion in 7 days and pass the scrutiny of the NFLs finance committee."

To which Bowhunter retorted:

10 hours ago, bowhunter said:

Doesn't that (albeit remote) possibility scare the hell out of you?

Yes.

Even though the chances are  infinitesimal, I believe the many worlds theory may indeed be correct.

Meaning that there is a near infinite number of multiverses, and in one of them super sketchy serial grifter, Brian Davis, (puppeteered by some nefarious hedge fund) may well successfully buy the team.

I just refuse to live in that world.

After all what does Snyder, who is already one of the most reviled and disrespected businessmen in America, have to lose by gambling on a long shot like Brian Davis, if he knows he can always go back to the Harris/Rales offer, if/when the Davis deal collapses? 

From Snyder's perspective, given the scenario in the previous paragraph, he has to at least consider a one week gamble that gains both an extra billion dollars and  indemnification from  legal/financial responsibility for his many misdeeds.

Which is why I would give him a serious consequence if he were to accept an offer from Brian Davis or anyone else.

The consequence being, that I'm out of the game and you can't come back to me if and when the Davis deal almost certainly falls through.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, skinsfan4128 said:

Dan is an incompetent fool but he ain't going to turn down guaranteed money for a lay a way program. This ain't ****ing Walmart. 

That **** is shady as hell and even Dan's dumbass can figure that much out.

HTTR!

Hey! We're talking Dan Snyder here.

I wouldn't expect him to make a smart decision after seeing him run this team to the ground during more than 20 years.

That offer from Harris smells and looks like a scam from miles away, but I'm not sure Dan can see the difference. The simple fact that he's letting this story on air, proves that he's not that smart. Otherwise, he'd have a done deal with Harris/Rales already.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

But he's getting a $50 billion from his intellectual property...but they never said what the IP was.

I'm taking the bid backed up by "bricks and mortar" over the "intellectual property" bid 7 days a week.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

That suit is separate from another case brought against them in 2009 involving former NFL player Shawne Merriman, who alleged that the duo stopped making payments on a loan they took from him in 2007.

At some point, Laettner and Davis formed a second company, BDV III, as part of a second investment group with other real estate moguls.

The centerpiece of their real estate ventures was a series of properties in downtown Durham, North Carolina, called West Village, which may have been used to secure their loans. One property remained vacant for years before it was sold off for just under $10 million. This would constitute a loss, as they originally paid $11.1 million for the property and then took out a second loan worth just as much.

Other West Village properties incurred significant debt as well, and they had defaulted on a 2006 loan worth $26 million in connection with those properties.

In 2016, Laettner sued his company – BDV III – to recover additional assets from the sale, and he personally had four times as much debt as he had value in assets.

Outside of BDV, Davis has continued to invest in real estate and, in 2016, committed to developing a property in Atlantic City, his hometown, into a green mixed-use development with retail stores, at least 600 rental units, and a boardwalk. Davis indicated that the fastest timeline for development would see ground break on it within six months of the purchase.

Brian Davis’ Real Estate Dealings Are Opaque

As of November 2021, five years later, there are no visual indications of any development on the described waterfront property. The lots on Riverside and Route 30, within view of Harrah’s and several windmills are empty. There are no apparent rental listings or high-occupancy housing listed for the property either.

That 2016 purchase is the first mention of the name of the company similar to one mentioned in the WUSA9 story on Davis’ potential purchase, Urban Echo. However, the WUSA9 story refers to a different company, Urban Echo Energy. There are a number of businesses filed under the name Urban Echo in New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, and Virginia, with eight such entities registered as “Urban Echo Energy” in Delaware and another one in Virginia.

All eight of the Delaware entities were formed earlier this year, while the Virginia entity was formed last year.

There are very few stories in newspaper archives that mention the company by name or in connection to Davis before this recent report, which makes it all the more unusual that the WUSA9 report indicates that investors “realized” that Davis had $50 billion in assets to his name in the form of company assets and intellectual property.

The fact that Davis tendered an offer in cash in two installments is even more unusual, as deals like this typically do not come with completely liquid assets.

If Davis sold shares of his company at a certain price, it could certainly “earn” a valuation after filing the sale – indicating that the company overall could be worth several billion dollars. But the NFL and Bank of America would have to determine whether or not these shares were bought with an earnest valuation or if the price was manipulated in some way.

The worst outcome would be if Snyder himself found a way to encourage an offer that raised the valuation of the Commanders and provided him indemnity, though there is no evidence that Snyder or anyone associated with him has done such a thing.

The report also indicates that Davis intends to bring green development processes into his Commanders’ bid, backed by his company. Further reporting from WUSA9 suggests that Urban Echo Energy is LEED-certified, though that name and similar names do not appear in the U.S. Green Building Council directory, which manages LEED certification for projects and organizations.

All told, this is an unusual offer, and it would be surprising if the NFL or Bank of America approved of the deal. At any rate, getting a formal offer in will allow the NFL to review the financials in more detail and audit Davis’ solvency.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Andre The Giant said:

Harris spoke directly with Godell on Wednesday!

This deal is going down, Snyder isn’t making it smooth, but it’s going down for sure.

Best news is that wacky offer from the confirmed grifter, Brian Davis, is not even mentioned.

Which hopefully means even Dan has figured out it’s a waste of time to submit something that will almost certainly be denied.

From Peter King’s article:

“I’m going to top the column today with news that’ll make sports fans in the Washington area weep tears of joy. They’re already weeping. Now, I know the Caps won the Stanley Cup in 2018, and that’s fantastic, and the Mystics won the WNBA a year later, and Nationals shocked the Astros to win the World Series in 2019. Yuge, all of them. But the pro football team in Washington being on the verge of NOT being owned by Daniel Snyder is cause for the biggest parade in the city this century.

On the verge being the operative wording. This thing’s not done.

When NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and the leader of the prospective new-owner group, Josh Harris, spoke on Wednesday, no one knew exactly what the topic was. But as one ownership source told me over the weekend, “Calls like that would be Harris saying he had a tentative deal with Snyder.” I believe that’s likely, and word spread through ownership circles that, basically, Ding dong, the witch is dead. Snyder’s selling! 

The terms, reportedly, were the Harris-Mitchell Rales group paying $6.05 billion for the team and Snyder, the most reviled owner in the NFL, disappearing. By the weekend, the NFL was no-commenting up a storm, refusing to acknowledge even whether Snyder had communicated to the league that he had a tentative deal or had forwarded the requisite paperwork so the league could begin to process the deal. Adam Schefter reported that it wasn’t a done deal, that Canadian billionaire Steve Apostolopoulos was still in the mix. And the strangest part: It was widely reported Snyder’s deal with the Harris-Rales group was “non-exclusive,” meaning he retained the ability to barter with other potential buyers.

The hang-ups could rest on maximizing the sales price, of course. Or it could rest on Snyder wanting to be indemnified from any legal liabilities associated with his ownership, or it could rest on his insistence that the league not release the glacially slow investigation of Mary Jo White into the sordid ownership of Snyder and the team. As one ownership source told me: “Dan’s got no chance of quashing the report. Roger’s releasing that report, I’ll tell you that.”

Either way, it figures that Snyder couldn’t do anything peaceful on his way out. The uncertainty, after a quarter-century of bad ownership with a once-proud franchise, is more logical than illogical.

“Seems like we’re at the two-yard-line going in,” said one source with knowledge of the prospective sale over the weekend, “but with Dan, it’s never over till it’s over.”

Four points to consider:

1. Snyder, feeling abandoned by the NFL, really doesn’t care about the league anymore. He’s always thought owning the NFL franchise in Washington was a lifetime get-out-of-jail-free card. Now that he knows it isn’t, why should he do the league any favors by bowing out gracefully?

2. Lots of speculation about why Jeff Bezos didn’t make a serious offer, but I’ll give you the best reasons. Snyder hates The Washington Post, which Bezos owns, but forget about that for a moment. Think about this. The next team likely on the market in the NFL is the Seattle Seahawks. Under the terms of the Seahawks’ current ownership agreement, if the team is sold before May 2, 2024, 10 percent of the sale price would go to the state of Washington. Current owner Jody Allen, sister of late owner Paul Allen, would face handing over, say, $700 million if the team was sold for $7 billion, which is in the ballpark of the next NFL team sale, if she sells in the next 13 months. Why would she do that? She wouldn’t. The NFL is lobbying Bezos quietly, but hard, to buy a franchise.

The advantages of buying the Seahawks are many: Seattle has a consistent winner with a great GM/coach team in John Schneider/Pete Carroll, Seattle has an incredible fan base, Seattle has a state-of-the-art loud home venue in Lumen Field, and Seattle has one of the best training facilities in pro sports. All four of those are far, far better than what Washington has. Why would Bezos not want Seattle if he’s serious about buying into the league that prints money?

3. I know why the NFL won’t comment on the process or on Snyder. They’re shut up so tight because all they want is for Snyder to go away, and they don’t want to leak anything that would potentially interrupt the transition of ownership.

4. For the record, Snyder has been the worst owner in the NFL for the last quarter-century of NFL history. The scandals are one thing, and they matter. But it’s how the scandals were handled and the besmirching of the team legacy and the endless badness that have turned off a top-five fanbase in NFL history, so that now a Washington fan simply will not care about pro football in the nation’s capital again until Snyder goes away. Here is everything you need to know about the reign of Snyder in Washington versus the tenure of the previous owner, Jack Kent Cooke:

WAS-owners-chart.png?w=806

If you’re a reader of a certain age, or a history student, you may remember Gerald Ford pardoning Richard Nixon after Nixon resigned as president in 1974, and Ford saying in a famous speech in Washington: “Our long national nightmare is over.” The NFL’s long nightmare in Washington is close to over, but it won’t be until the petulant Snyder takes his $6 billion and goes home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Harris spoke directly with Godell on Wednesday!

This deal is going down, for sure.

From Peter King’s article:

“I’m going to top the column today with news that’ll make sports fans in the Washington area weep tears of joy. They’re already weeping. Now, I know the Caps won the Stanley Cup in 2018, and that’s fantastic, and the Mystics won the WNBA a year later, and Nationals shocked the Astros to win the World Series in 2019. Yuge, all of them. But the pro football team in Washington being on the verge of NOT being owned by Daniel Snyder is cause for the biggest parade in the city this century.

On the verge being the operative wording. This thing’s not done.

When NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and the leader of the prospective new-owner group, Josh Harris, spoke on Wednesday, no one knew exactly what the topic was. But as one ownership source told me over the weekend, “Calls like that would be Harris saying he had a tentative deal with Snyder.” I believe that’s likely, and word spread through ownership circles that, basically, Ding dong, the witch is dead. Snyder’s selling! 

The terms, reportedly, were the Harris-Mitchell Rales group paying $6.05 billion for the team and Snyder, the most reviled owner in the NFL, disappearing. By the weekend, the NFL was no-commenting up a storm, refusing to acknowledge even whether Snyder had communicated to the league that he had a tentative deal or had forwarded the requisite paperwork so the league could begin to process the deal. Adam Schefter reported that it wasn’t a done deal, that Canadian billionaire Steve Apostolopoulos was still in the mix. And the strangest part: It was widely reported Snyder’s deal with the Harris-Rales group was “non-exclusive,” meaning he retained the ability to barter with other potential buyers.”

The Bezos stuff was interesting too, some would argue on the previous thread on this that Seattle is the better bet for Bezos, some would argue back that this team is the more attractive buy.

The hang-ups could rest on maximizing the sales price, of course. Or it could rest on Snyder wanting to be indemnified from any legal liabilities associated with his ownership, or it could rest on his insistence that the league not release the glacially slow investigation of Mary Jo White into the sordid ownership of Snyder and the team. As one ownership source told me: “Dan’s got no chance of quashing the report. Roger’s releasing that report, I’ll tell you that.”

Either way, it figures that Snyder couldn’t do anything peaceful on his way out. The uncertainty, after a quarter-century of bad ownership with a once-proud franchise, is more logical than illogical.

“Seems like we’re at the two-yard-line going in,” said one source with knowledge of the prospective sale over the weekend, “but with Dan, it’s never over till it’s over.”

Four points to consider:

Snyder, feeling abandoned by the NFL, really doesn’t care about the league anymore. He’s always thought owning the NFL franchise in Washington was a lifetime get-out-of-jail-free card. Now that he knows it isn’t, why should he do the league any favors by bowing out gracefully?

Lots of speculation about why Jeff Bezos didn’t make a serious offer, but I’ll give you the best reasons. Snyder hates The Washington Post, which Bezos owns, but forget about that for a moment. Think about this. The next team likely on the market in the NFL is the Seattle Seahawks. Under the terms of the Seahawks’ current ownership agreement, if the team is sold before May 2, 2024, 10 percent of the sale price would go to the state of Washington. Current owner Jody Allen, sister of late owner Paul Allen, would face handing over, say, $700 million if the team was sold for $7 billion, which is in the ballpark of the next NFL team sale, if she sells in the next 13 months. Why would she do that? She wouldn’t.

The NFL is lobbying Bezos quietly, but hard, to buy a franchise. The advantages of buying the Seahawks are many: Seattle has a consistent winner with a great GM/coach team in John Schneider/Pete Carroll, Seattle has an incredible fan base, Seattle has a state-of-the-art loud home venue in Lumen Field, and Seattle has one of the best training facilities in pro sports. All four of those are far, far better than what Washington has. Why would Bezos not want Seattle if he’s serious about buying into the league that prints money?

I know why the NFL won’t comment on the process or on Snyder. They’re shut up so tight because all they want is for Snyder to go away, and they don’t want to leak anything that would potentially interrupt the transition of ownership.

For the record, Snyder has been the worst owner in the NFL for the last quarter-century of NFL history. The scandals are one thing, and they matter. But it’s how the scandals were handled and the besmirching of the team legacy and the endless badness that have turned off a top-five fanbase in NFL history, so that now a Washington fan simply will not care about pro football in the nation’s capital again until Snyder goes away. Here is everything you need to know about the reign of Snyder in Washington versus the tenure of the previous owner, Jack Kent Cooke:

• Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

Will this be commander’s fans when the season starts and “redyns nad” (a name that should be spelled backwards going forward) is gone?

The the former QB is [Redacted], the former owner should be [Super Mega-Extra Double Secret Redacted]

• Like 1

IMO, there's an elephant in the room, in regards to Davis:  The NFL, which would love nothing more than to have an African American majority owner in the league, is scrutinizing Davis' offer (if there really is one) with a fine tooth comb.  And a FINE tooth comb.  Because with all of Davis' reported shady issues, the NFL cannot afford to get this one wrong...if Davis actually does have that offer (I don't believe for one second that he does, but IF), they're going to double, triple, quadruple check EVERYTHING.  If Snyder kicks the Harris/Rales to the offer to the curb because of what Davis reportedly has, it's going to look terrible for the NFL if it falls through...and not just because a deal fell through and the NFL vetting process would look weak, but because a deal headed up by an African American fell through.  The NFL is going to catch strays because to some it'll look like the "good old boys" don't want an African American owner.  

And if Davis does get kicked to the curb outright because of his shady dealings or the League feels that his offer isn't strong enough and not real, the NFL is going to, again, look like the "good old boys" are keeping an African American owner from purchasing a team.  

From that perspective, the NFL might feel that they're between a rock and a hard place here, but to me everything is clear; Harris is legit, Steve A the Canadian seems like he's hemming and hawing and Davis isn't real.  But it seems odd that this deal isn't signed sealed and delivered just yet.  Something smells a bit fishy.  

• Thanks 1

Other than Schlereth (who referred to Snyder as a 'turd' last week after news of the sale), has anyone heard any opinions from other legacy players like Riggins, Theismann, "Mosley", etc.? Or even London Flecther? I'm sure Coles and Joe Patton would have opinions too...heck, I haven't heard anything from Sonny Jurgensen yet either.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The Bezos stuff was interesting too, some would argue on the previous thread on this that Seattle is the better bet for Bezos, some would argue back that this team is the more attractive buy.

Four points to consider:

Snyder, feeling abandoned by the NFL, really doesn’t care about the league anymore. He’s always thought owning the NFL franchise in Washington was a lifetime get-out-of-jail-free card. Now that he knows it isn’t, why should he do the league any favors by bowing out gracefully?

Lots of speculation about why Jeff Bezos didn’t make a serious offer, but I’ll give you the best reasons. Snyder hates The Washington Post, which Bezos owns, but forget about that for a moment. Think about this. The next team likely on the market in the NFL is the Seattle Seahawks. Under the terms of the Seahawks’ current ownership agreement, if the team is sold before May 2, 2024, 10 percent of the sale price would go to the state of Washington. Current owner Jody Allen, sister of late owner Paul Allen, would face handing over, say, $700 million if the team was sold for $7 billion, which is in the ballpark of the next NFL team sale, if she sells in the next 13 months. Why would she do that? She wouldn’t.

The NFL is lobbying Bezos quietly, but hard, to buy a franchise. The advantages of buying the Seahawks are many: Seattle has a consistent winner with a great GM/coach team in John Schneider/Pete Carroll, Seattle has an incredible fan base, Seattle has a state-of-the-art loud home venue in Lumen Field, and Seattle has one of the best training facilities in pro sports. All four of those are far, far better than what Washington has. Why would Bezos not want Seattle if he’s serious about buying into the league that prints money?

I know why the NFL won’t comment on the process or on Snyder. They’re shut up so tight because all they want is for Snyder to go away, and they don’t want to leak anything that would potentially interrupt the transition of ownership.

For the record, Snyder has been the worst owner in the NFL for the last quarter-century of NFL history. The scandals are one thing, and they matter. But it’s how the scandals were handled and the besmirching of the team legacy and the endless badness that have turned off a top-five fanbase in NFL history, so that now a Washington fan simply will not care about pro football in the nation’s capital again until Snyder goes away. Here is everything you need to know about the reign of Snyder in Washington versus the tenure of the previous owner, Jack Kent Cooke:

It looks like we kind if got crossed up on this SIP. lol

I originally posted the first few paragraphs of the article because I mistakenly pushed the send button before I was finished.

Then I went back to edit and put in the rest of it. While at the same time you saw my post, logically assumed I was done, and appropriately added the rest of it. 

The way I look at it. It’s such a relevant article on the current state of affairs it’s worth having members read it twice to absorb all the details. 🤓😋

Man when I was applying for a mortgage in 2013 (this is when the housing market was negative **** and they were DESPERATE for buyers), I had to account for every penny on every credit card bill and went through the wringer a dozen times over the same **** just to borrow a quarter million.  This guy is all "trust me I got 50 billion, ignore the haters who bring up ancient history over millions of dollars" and it's national news?

• Haha 4