Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

Harris undoubtedly has a contacts list packed with talented sports executives on the business side. I expect that to go in place quickly. The football side may be difficult unless Harris already has a shadow management team ready. No way you could effectively replace the coaching staff for '23 at this point.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

They’ve unquestionably had very difficult circumstances to operate in, but Wright and company have still operated like amateur hour.

First appointment needs to be a senior exec in that role. 

Jason served his purpose admirably. He shall long be remembered.

44656A67-5BA6-40CB-AD81-0FC8935B00AC.thumb.jpeg.d055b857b1214ccb8ace15f1bcc21ff0.jpeg

• Haha 9

22 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

They’ve unquestionably had very difficult circumstances to operate in, but Wright and company have still operated like amateur hour.

First appointment needs to be a senior exec in that role. 

Depends on the perspective of what you want.   There are some issues that some here care about that I care about as much as what brand of bottled water I am drinking, zero  -- and i know i am not the only one who feels that way.  And i know there are some who feel like you do.

My caring about the business leader is very stadium based.  On that front Wright IMO >>>>> Bruce Allen.  Big sea change for me on that front.  That's really all I care about from the business side. 

But heck if Harris says he has the perfect dude-dudette to go after the stadium, sign me up. Lafemina was supposedly on board in part for that reason, and as I documented here at the time, he was a realy cool dude.  I sent him an email and his response was lets set up a time to talk on the phone and we did.  And we talked about the stadium, and a lot ironically about the Yankees, he is from NY and I am a Yankees fan.  Super nice guy -- accessible.

16 minutes ago, profusion said:

Harris undoubtedly has a contacts list packed with talented sports executives on the business side. I expect that to go in place quickly. The football side may be difficult unless Harris already has a shadow management team ready. No way you could effectively replace the coaching staff for '23 at this point.

I agree.   The business side I'd bet is the easiest department for him to redo.

Name another team's fan base who even knows who their business president is as Sheehan likes to joke about.  It's just this team because its a department with the odd and monumental task of putting lipstick on a pig.

The front office, is what should be interesting IMO, I am guessing he doesn't make a move on that front yet but judging by his history he will zero is on the best GM he can find and will try to make that happen.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Depends on the perspective of what you want.   There are some issues that some here care about that I care about as much as what brand of bottled water I am drinking, zero  -- and i know i am not the only one who feels that way.  And i know there are some who feel like you do.

My caring about the business leader is very stadium based.  On that front Wright IMO >>>>> Bruce Allen.  Big sea change for me on that front.  That's really all I care about from the business side. 

But heck if Harris says he has the perfect dude-dudette to go after the stadium, sign me up. Lafemina was supposedly on board in part for that reason, and as I documented here at the time, he was a realy cool dude.  I sent him an email and his response was lets set up a time to talk on the phone and we did.  And we talked about the stadium, and a lot ironically about the Yankees, he is from NY and I am a Yankees fan.  Super nice guy -- accessible.

Jason has to go because of the stadium issue. He was too involved and met too many of the players to be able to take advantage of the new good will. 

A new leader will say whatever was discussed is the past and this is a new era. You don’t get that with Jason. You bring in Rales with his philanthropic background and Magic to shake hands and work the room and suddenly it’s a whole different negotiation. 

Jason can’t be a part of any of it. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I’m not sure it’s perspective, more reality on performance to date. But yes, he’s better than Bruce Allen.

It won’t be long until we’re saying ‘whoever’ >>>>Jason Wright>>>>>Bruce Allen.

Let’s let Bruce fade away as well as Dan.

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He definitely went through hell and did a good job accordingly.  I'd be cool with him as a coach.  

And while I didn't hate the coach-centric FO model with Dan at the helm because a GM model means Dan becomes the defacto GM.  I do prefer the traditional GM model with a normal owner. 

So for me I'd take Ron the coach but want him out of the FO.  And its not that i think he's done a bad job in the FO.  their drafts have been mostly good.  But IMO they can do better with a top flight GM running personnel.   We've not had that under Dan, ever.

I suspect Harris will sit back and observe the Rivera FO this season. If we have a good year, they stay... As they should.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

You bring in Rales with his philanthropic background and Magic to shake hands and work the room and suddenly it’s a whole different negotiation. 

Both Mitch Rales and Magic Johnson have the ability and connections to successfully engage the local governing authorities - as well potential financiers of a new stadium complex to get the deal done.

However, they will still need folks focused full time to handle the details.  Even though there has been a cluster of f*** ups - just maybe, Jason Wright can be the guy.  You can’t underestimate the impact of having serve the needs of incompetents like Dan and Tanya.

8 minutes ago, balki1867 said:

Q for those of us that are/were boycotting Snyder?

Can we start buying merch and subscribing to Sunday Ticket, or do we wait until the owners approve the deal?

It would be nice to start a Sunday Ticket boycott until they make some changes at Youtube. Youtube is limiting Sunday Ticket to two streams for this year. With Directv you could add as many receivers and tvs as you had in your house. People with multiple tv setups are completely screwed by the decision.

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Jason has to go because of the stadium issue. He was too involved and met too many of the players to be able to take advantage of the new good will. 

A new leader will say whatever was discussed is the past and this is a new era. You don’t get that with Jason. You bring in Rales with his philanthropic background and Magic to shake hands and work the room and suddenly it’s a whole different negotiation. 

Jason can’t be a part of any of it. 

The sports owner is typically politically connected and the lead on the stadium.  It wasn't the case with Dan because he wasn't that politically connected (unusual for a billionaire) and not likeable.

So Harris-Rales likely wouid be the lead like most owners would be.

Listening to those who cover this, they've suggested Jason might be kept on because of the stadium reason alone.   Jason knows where all the muncipalities are at on this and the politics of it.   And I gather you think Jason is unlikeable but based on what some have said who know him -- unlike Dan, people really tend to like Jason.  I doubt Jason owns any of the bad will that Dan has with these politicians. 

It's pretty clear catching up with those covering the sale and the goings on that Jason might be helpful for the transition.  It comes off like he knows who was in and out whether on the stadium, sponsors, potential season box-holders based on Dan. 

If I had to guess what happens with Jason, he stays in some role for a transition period, it might not be President, but some type of role until the transition is complete.  But then he leaves or is let go. 

I can give a rats behind if Jason stays or go.  I am with Sheehan on the business manager stuff -- that is, we shouldn't really know who that person is.  I bet the average for example Titans fan has any clue who runs their business operation.    But I gather because our owner never speaks.  And the organization has been a sinking ship clown show forever that the business manager becomes relevant.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

I’m not sure it’s perspective, more reality on performance to date. But yes, he’s better than Bruce Allen.

It won’t be long until we’re saying ‘whoever’ >>>>Jason Wright>>>>>Bruce Allen.

Let’s let Bruce fade away as well as Dan.

It's not like sport stats though.    Where there are agreed upon markers.  Sacks?  TD passes?

For me, i care about one thing and just one thing from the business manager.  I am judging them 100% on that.  To me the other stuff is yawn.   And I know i am not alone on this.

For you and some others you grade him on some other stuff.  And I know you aren't alone on that.  And to you that stuff is important and not yawn.  And that's valid, too.

So no rights or wrongs.  No consensus on a performance grade by a long shot.

• Like 1

Things that matter to me on the non-football staffing:

1)  Is the best in the league at what they do

2)  Doesn't **** up things involving the team.

That's it. I don't care who it is or anything else, I don't even WANT to know who it is, I just want the best, always. If it's Wright, awesome.  If it's Wrong, awesome. I couldn't care less as long as they are the best.

• Like 2

Barstool DMV is making themselves look kind of dumb reposting a video of someone posting a video of a place that pretty clearly looks like it's not the Washington monument.

Anyway, I have only one stipulation for the front office: Doug Williams needs to be made Supreme Commander of Commie Forces. The mean reeks of influence and knowledge.

Edited by NickyJ

48 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don’t think Wright believes he’s long for DC and that any of his current moves are being deployed to impress new ownership into keeping him.

He’s simply doing his job, trying to capitalize off the newly sparked interest in the team.  How his tenure ends here likely dictates his next venture.

Me, too.

If I were Harris, I'd have my team probably already in place on the business side.  Why worry about developing chemistry with new people if perhaps you already have built in chemistry with people you've worked with.  And then you got Rales too in the mix who I've heard is going to be more than just a slient minority partner.

But I do think there is some value in working for awhile with people who knows the ropes and knows (like in Jason's case) some of the hurdles they've had become of the perception of Dan.  Wright for example flat out said he knows some sponsors who were out because of Dan.

By next year the Wright haters and Rivera haters will likely have their wish, maybe even sooner.  I seriously doubt either will be here.  New owners like to have their own teams that they create.  I'd guess Wright goes before Rivera goes.  But I figure in Harris shoes, I'd want at least a month or so to interact with Wright because of what he knows.

7 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Things that matter to me on the non-football staffing:

1)  Is the best in the league at what they do

2)  Doesn't **** up things involving the team.

That's it. I don't care who it is or anything else, I don't even WANT to know who it is, I just want the best, always. If it's Wright, awesome.  If it's Wrong, awesome. I couldn't care less as long as they are the best.

Me too and said so before the sale.  They can fire or keep anyone they want and I won't care.  Just do what they think is best and am on board.  I will 100% support right now any move 

• Like 2

I want them to spend big time on the scouting department and analytics since it is too early to speak about the future coaching staff. Take care of our ladies, fire all the remaining sleaze balls.               

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 2