Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Convicted felon Donald Trump on Trial (Found guilty on 34 felony counts. 54 criminal count still in the air)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4166153-meadows-was-ringleader-in-effort-to-overturn-2020-election-pence-adviser-says/

Meadows was ‘ringleader’ in effort to overturn 2020 election, Pence adviser says 

An aide to former Vice President Mike Pence described former Trump White House chief of staff Mark Meadows as the “ringleader” with much of the events that took place on Jan. 6, 2021.

Marc Short, Pence’s former chief of staff, said Meadows was “central” in efforts to overturn the 2020 election on Jan. 6. Though Meadows was not charged in the Justice Department’s federal case, he was charged alongside former President Trump with racketeering and solicitation of violation of oath by a public officer in the Fulton County, Ga., election case.

“Regarding Mark, look, I don’t think any of us relish witnessing what’s happening to any of these people that we worked with,” Short, who now leads Pence’s political advocacy group, told host Abby Phillip on “CNN Primetime” on Tuesday.

“I think that in your last panel, I think it was it’s fair to say that Mark was the ringleader of much the events that happened around Jan. 6, he was somebody who was — the President sought to find additional attorneys who gave advice different than White House counsel, and it was very central to the events that happen on that day,” he added.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4166153-meadows-was-ringleader-in-effort-to-overturn-2020-election-pence-adviser-says/

Meadows was ‘ringleader’ in effort to overturn 2020 election, Pence adviser says 

He was the ringleader, but he wasn't the P.T. Barnum who put him to work doing that...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This seems important:

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flsd.648654/gov.uscourts.flsd.648654.129.0.pdf

Evidently the former head of IT at Maralago (referred to as Trump Employee 4) previously testified to the grand jury that he was unaware of any effort to erase security camera videos by Trump's henchmen.  However, he recently obtained new counsel, one not also representing the henchmen:

Immediately after receiving new counsel, Trump Employee 4 retracted his prior false testimony and provided information that implicated Nauta, De Oliveira, and Trump in efforts to delete security camera footage, as set forth in the superseding indictment.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

This seems important:

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flsd.648654/gov.uscourts.flsd.648654.129.0.pdf

Evidently the former head of IT at Maralago (referred to as Trump Employee 4) previously testified to the grand jury that he was unaware of any effort to erase security camera videos by Trump's henchmen.  However, he recently obtained new counsel, one not also representing the henchmen:

Yea I'm waiting to see how it plays out but you have to wonder who told him to lie, etc is being looked in to.

• Like 2

The picture I posted above with TFG and Loomer is really uncanny to the Larson drawing. I didn’t think about it until now, but her brain is the equivalent of frozen food.

Gary Larson doing his best Matt Groening imitation. Predicting things in his cartoon that are yet to be. Possibly before Matt did the Simpsons. Woah!!! Mind Blown!!!! Booooooom!!!!

• Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

At what point do these people turn on Trump the politician?  All these 18 other people plus the 1 in the FL case.  "I would proudly go go jail for Donald Trump!". 

I guess its no different than the J6 folks... but maybe a little different.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

This seems important:

This was the one whose defense was "I accidentally drained the swimming pool into the server room"?

• Haha 1

"Could be devastating": Indicted ex-GOP chair "explicitly" throws Trump under the bus in new filing

David Shafer, a former chairman of Georgia's Republican Party and one of the 19 people charged in the Georgia 2020 election interference case, claimed in a Monday court filing that he and the other Republican electors who attempted to falsely certify a victory for Donald Trump were acting at the direction of the former president.

As defendants in the far-reaching indictment begin to surrender to authorities ahead of the Friday deadline, "Shafer's position signals that some may be poised to turn on the former president," Axios reports.

"Mr. Shafer and the other Republican Electors in the 2020 election acted at the direction of the incumbent President and other federal officials," lawyers for the former GOP chairman wrote in the filing.

"Attorneys for the President and Mr. Shafer specifically instructed Mr. Shafer, verbally and in writing, that the Republican electors' meeting and casting their ballots on December 14, 2020 was consistent with counsels' advice and was necessary to preserve the presidential election contest," they added.

https://news.yahoo.com/could-devastating-indicted-ex-gop-152232176.html

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

I’m loving the “I was following orders” defense

The one the nazis tried unsuccessfully

and also some of the 1/6 criminals tried a version of it with the “I was listening to the president” defense

it doesn’t work. It’s not a legitimate defense. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1