Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Convicted felon Donald Trump on Trial (Found guilty on 34 felony counts. 54 criminal count still in the air)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, mcsluggo said:

Senator Hillary Clinton had over 50% approval ratings from Republicans.   She was an absolute centrist and the type of candidate that Republicans said they wished Democrats would run...until she ran. 

When did she ever have 50% approval ratings from Republicans? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@Riggo#44 I bet you come off way different than where you come from to a lot more people than the two guys you are currently rolling around with. 

Your original post was off putting enough to me too, honestly. I cant help but feel called out when you do the "Both sides are bad and you are part of the problem unless you say that, like me" thing. Cause I'm not like you. I don't believe that. Add to it that you immediately shielded yourself with the "But don't blame me I don't vote and I hate politics anyway" trope. Throw in all the obviously ignorant political beliefs sprinkled throughout (Joe Biden doesn't know when his son died) and you immediately come off as someone not worth engaging with. So I didn't. 

I'm only adding in now, and mostly because your continued hubris is getting annoying, to say that if you are going to continue to tell us how dumb we are for disagreeing with you, you could at least sack up long enough to actually have a conversation with someone you disagree with. YOU are the one saying you know you cant change any minds so you wont argue. If that's the case then shut the **** up and let the rest of us argue. You are just taking away from the conversation at this point. 

Edit: You can be like me and just read if you have nothing to ****ing contribute. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

But don't blame me I don't vote and I hate politics anyway

I never said I didn’t vote. 

I see serious issues with this government. Simply saying “we’re better than the republicans” is not okay with me. Agree disagree that’s fine. But don’t insult me because I dared to have a different opinion. It shows more on you than me. (That’s a general statement, not at you, specifically)

and to prove I don’t just make **** up, here is what I was referring to: https://www.forbes.com/sites/saradorn/2024/03/12/biden-forgot-when-he-served-as-vice-president-and-year-of-sons-death-in-doj-interview/?sh=4832a5075f2a

I'm going to bow out again, because this isn’t worth my time.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Llevron said:

YOU are the one saying you know you cant change any minds so you wont argue. If that's the case then shut the **** up and let the rest of us argue.

I did. However someone couldn’t handle a week old post

On 6/3/2024 at 12:48 PM, gbear said:

There was a book awhile back detailing all the affairs of past president's. Up through Bush I, every president save for Carter was on record as having an affair. It says something about the character traits of those likely to want to be president.

Once again, Carter was special.   His schtick was REAL.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

Once again, Carter was special.   His schtick was REAL.

The dude exposed himself to high levels of radioactivity to prevent a nuclear meltdown and hardly anyone knows that story. 

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

I never said I didn’t vote. 

I see serious issues with this government. Simply saying “we’re better than the republicans” is not okay with me. Agree disagree that’s fine. But don’t insult me because I dared to have a different opinion. It shows more on you than me. (That’s a general statement, not at you, specifically)

and to prove I don’t just make **** up, here is what I was referring to: https://www.forbes.com/sites/saradorn/2024/03/12/biden-forgot-when-he-served-as-vice-president-and-year-of-sons-death-in-doj-interview/?sh=4832a5075f2a

I'm going to bow out again, because this isn’t worth my time.

Most of us are better than the Republicans (who are now MAGA) though. That's really not up for debate is it? 😁

Are you suggesting that 4 years under Hilldog would have been worse than what was under MAGA from Jan 2017- Jan 2021? 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

I did. However someone couldn’t handle a week old post

I was at the beach last week.   The ONLY news i heard was:  

1. Weather/tide/water temp reports.
  2. Price of half-bushel of #1s.  (large Jimmies)
  3. Trump was convicted on all counts.

super-mega thumbs-up on all fronts

(edit... actually the water was nut-shatteringly cold on 2 of the days.   supper thumbs-up other than THAT.)

Edited by mcsluggo
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, hail2skins said:

At the end of that Daily Show segment Stewart asked Buck how the fever breaks, and Buck opined another crisis like 9/11 would bring us together.

In 2024, does anyone actually believe that?

Nope. Used to. After Covid? It was obvious we are permanently broke. 

3 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Sorry I've been away for a bit but over the last two pages, holy **** some of you need to go edit before a mod comes in here. 

I was thinking the same thing.  I was expecting a "Hi, there" any second. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Does anyone else think Tim Scott's, um, "fiance" always looks like an AI image generator spit her out? lol...I swear, I keep looking at her hands to see if she has the right amount of fingers.

image.png.f34f0ba0c1d7b9e370819f1024d01984.png

Looks like how South Park depicts Caitlin Jenner.

Buckle-up, Buckaroos!
bluper_68253341_169893151_1706x960.jpg

• Haha 1

Maggie Haberman Goes Out Of Her Way To Torpedo Trump Talking Point About Felony Sentencing Days Before RNC

New York Times correspondent and CNN analyst Maggie Haberman went out of her way to destroy former President Donald Trump’s complaint about being sentenced just days before the Republican National Convention.

Trump himself has repeatedly complained about the timing of the sentencing — just four days before he’s set to officially accept the nomination at the Republican National Convention.

On Tuesday morning’s edition of CNN This Morning, Haberman went from an unrelated topic into a digression in which she volunteered a fact-check of Trump’s complaint — noting it was Trump attorney Todd Blanche who requested that timeframe:

MAGGIE HABERMAN: I want to note one other thing, Kasie. Just since you were talking, on this show about the possibility that Trump gets sentenced, right? I mean, the sentencing is currently scheduled for right before the Republican National Convention. (Yeah.).

The July date for sentencing is a date that Trump’s own lawyer sought. It is not as if the judge was like, “oh, yes, let’s let’s do this there. ”

Todd Blanche asked for, he didn’t mention the Republican National Committee, but he did ask for a mid to late July sentencing date. So that was his choice.

Click on the link for the full article and video

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

I think we should call him Felonious Chunk.

Only person that should interview him next should be...

AAAAQT_rrQFM-3bTFtPe9UoxigAWVRBSNHg-IhcLHmPQZLFLFfeDnHux_1Pg7hiUy4G3IIdNN9t7IRnY05zq86TXGkcMkaSGWCkIk4I_CnhvqEx-op0bp65a9fe7MI-5K3XKMqXC4q4wfPaIjWRr1Pul0lso9a4.jpg

10 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Does anyone else think Tim Scott's, um, "fiance" always looks like an AI image generator spit her out? lol...I swear, I keep looking at her hands to see if she has the right amount of fingers.

Lady G asked for a favor for his boy, for sure...

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, hail2skins said:

At the end of that Daily Show segment Stewart asked Buck how the fever breaks, and Buck opined another crisis like 9/11 would bring us together.

In 2024, does anyone actually believe that?

A cyber 9/11 might terrify us all in a way COVID didn't.

I said this before, what west bubble**** Tenessee went through during peak-CIVID is incomparable to near the near Post-Apocolyotic scene going on in Manhattan. 

9/11 was meant to kill as many of is as possible and what target symbols that we identified with (potentially the White House or Capitol was target for third plane). 

They didn't care what our political affiliation was, so a Cyber 9/11 of that where all of us were intended targets might do it.  But it almost certainly be coupled with a mass disinformation campaign, so maybe I'm being optimistic around arguably one of the most pessimistic things that could possibly happen to us.

Opinion.

10 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Well, unfortunately you could say that in this America it would be impossible for a black man to be seen as a unifying leader, no matter his leadership skill or high ethics.

The country has never been 100% united on anything.

Not fighting the British for Independence.  Not ending slavery.  It took Pearl Habor to convince the populace to join WW2.  The Civil Rights Act wasn't unanimous, nor giving Women the right to vote.

We are asking for an impossible task unifying all of us, we're too different.  I want to see the President help bring the temperature down enough for our government to not be dysfunctional.  Our Consitution was designed to facilitate disagreements between the majority and minority and still be functional. 

You can't have a country meant to be a melting pot and agree 100% on everything.  Unrealistic expectation and honestly not necessary for a functional government or effective POTUS.  It's hard to unify around the concept of being an American unless we're all in the same page with what America is...good luck with that.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Not fighting the British for Independence.  Not ending slavery.  It took Pearl Habor to convince the populace to join WW2.  The Civil Rights Act wasn't unanimous, nor giving Women the right to vote.

We are asking for an impossible task unifying all of us, we're too different.  I want to see the President help bring the temperature down enough for our government to not be dysfunctional.  Our Consitution was designed to facilitate disagreements between the majority and minority and still be functional. 

You can't have a country meant to be a melting pot and agree 100% on everything.  Unrealistic expectation and honestly not necessary for a functional government or effective POTUS.  It's hard to unify around the concept of being an American unless we're all in the same page with what America is...good luck with that.

I think the most united this country has been was probably in the weeks and months after 9-11.  The patriotic feeling and togetherness people had after America was attacked was something that was rare, and something we’ll never see again in our lifetime.  America is way too divided and partisan for people to come together for any reason, even catastrophic and life-changing events like 9-11.

I want to clarify also, that even 9-11 wasn’t completely harmonious. There was a severe blowback towards the Muslim community (and anyone who looked like they could be Muslim) after 9-11.  It was a very rough time for that demo, and that day continues to resonate negatively in more ways than one.

Edited by samy316

If we were to agree on everything we would be automatons no better than the North Koreans. I'll take our diversity over that any day.

The problem with MAGAts and the evangelicals is that they have forgotten along the way that we don't all have to have the same beliefs and opinions in order to get along. That open minded acceptance of those who are different is supposed to be integral to Christianity but in the US they have instead succumbed to fear of the 'other.'

I want to see the President help bring the temperature down enough for our government to not be dysfunctional.  Our Consitution was designed to facilitate disagreements between the majority and minority and still be functional.

Comparing Biden to Trump (and Obama) I would like for you to explain which Presidents (or candidate) have "raised the temperature" and which Presidents have "lowered the temperature".  Also keeping in mind the Presidents are generally the leaders of their political parties. 

And which President's have led to dysfunction.

I seem to recall a certain someone out there disparaging immigrants, echoing Hitler's language, disparaging the justice system and election integrity. 

Biden raised the temperature? Also, let's not discount how much the media echo chamber can raise the temperature.  

Let me objectively help you. Biden is pretty much a left-moderate President.  Obama probably more of a moderate left President (a bit to the right of Biden).  Trump is a bit harder to pin down because he was a right-moderate (I would say policy wise); except he was far-right on immigrants. But, he eschewed moderate rhetoric for far-right-rhetoric.  And he's been stoking far-right anger since he lost (we did get a nice reprieve I think between January 6 and the build up to 2022). 

I would tend to think most Americans want to lower the political temperature which means Biden again.  I never thought I would potentially see Biden win TWO terms.  But he is just a quiet, solid, moderate dem politician.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

The dude exposed himself to high levels of radioactivity to prevent a nuclear meltdown and hardly anyone knows that story 

I remember being in grade school in Pennsylvania and getting out of the school early the day that this happened, 

They took us to the gym to wait until we could get a ride home, seemed so strange that we couldn't walk home like usual, I only imagine that was to prevent exposure to the radioactivity , but this was 1979 and that's kinda how things were handled back then 

Screenshot_20240605_004256_Gallery.jpg

Edited by c slag

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Being a political unifier doesn't require uniting us all, though. And being unified doesn't mean we all think the same or we all agree on everything.

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, samy316 said:

I think the most united this country has been was probably in the weeks and months after 9-11.  The patriotic feeling and togetherness people had after America was attacked was something that was rare, and something we’ll never see again in our lifetime.  America is way too divided and partisan for people to come together for any reason, even catastrophic and life-changing events like 9-11.

I want to clarify also, that even 9-11 wasn’t completely harmonious. There was a severe blowback towards the Muslim community (and anyone who looked like they could be Muslim) after 9-11.  It was a very rough time for that demo, and that day continues to resonate negatively in more ways than one.

Our lifetime maybe sees 9/11 as most united we ever were, but I'm not buying that (that's just most unifying event I've seen in my lifetime).

I remember the blow back against Muslims.  But it's all talk until we are all attacked by same enemy same time.  I'm not buying how racist this country has been is the same as our current political discourse, but we did have an actual Civil War.  Hard to say we are further apart now then then...

2 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Comparing Biden to Trump (and Obama) I would like for you to explain which Presidents (or candidate) have "raised the temperature" and which Presidents have "lowered the temperature".  Also keeping in mind the Presidents are generally the leaders of their political parties. 

And which President's have led to dysfunction.

I seem to recall a certain someone out there disparaging immigrants, echoing Hitler's language, disparaging the justice system and election integrity. 

Biden raised the temperature? Also, let's not discount how much the media echo chamber can raise the temperature.  

Let me objectively help you. Biden is pretty much a left-moderate President.  Obama probably more of a moderate left President (a bit to the right of Biden).  Trump is a bit harder to pin down because he was a right-moderate (I would say policy wise); except he was far-right on immigrants. But, he eschewed moderate rhetoric for far-right-rhetoric.  And he's been stoking far-right anger since he lost (we did get a nice reprieve I think between January 6 and the build up to 2022). 

I would tend to think most Americans want to lower the political temperature which means Biden again.  I never thought I would potentially see Biden win TWO terms.  But he is just a quiet, solid, moderate dem politician.

Before I answer your question, do you believe my post was a shot at Biden?

If you do, I'd say your overreacting, frankly.