Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is and what it means to be “WOKE”!

ClaytoAli

You pansy assed christian american hating gender confused lib groomers with your lefty commie worldviews corrupted by your 100% wrong brainwashing university over-educated 

brains can't comprehend the real brilliance of someone like Joe Rogan.  Real men and real women get it, thank the actual lord.

Republican National Convention Rnc GIF by Election 2016

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

In my vast experience in the restaurant industry, and because I never had a child, I've noticed:

Very few couples actually want their children.  They are simply an accessory to their lives because "that's what you do next". 

That is the main reason we didn't have kids.  Just didn't seem like much fun.  Most people we knew fell into your category. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Yeah, but now you're in the same category as me...who do I leave all this stuff to?  :ols:

My plan is to leave everything to the local HBCU. My nephews are all incompetent spoiled brats what only care about video games and YouTube. They ain't getting a damn thing. 🤣

Go A&T Aggies. Sposidly theys trying to get Rasheed Wallace to coach theys basketball team. I actually hated him feverishly when he was at Chapel Hill. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Captain Wiggles said:

My plan is to leave everything to the local HBCU. My nephews are all incompetent spoiled brats what only care about video games and YouTube. They ain't getting a damn thing. 🤣

Go A&T Aggies. Sposidly theys trying to get Rasheed Wallace to coach theys basketball team. I actually hated him feverishly when he was at Chapel Hill. 

Funny you mention Wallace...behind me one tournament was a bunch of folks yelling his name after every shot. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

In my vast experience in the restaurant industry, and because I never had a child, I've noticed:

Very few couples actually want their children.  They are simply an accessory to their lives because "that's what you do next". 

That is a very odd take based soley off of experience working at a restaurant lol.

I would prefer to go to pretty much all of my fine dining experiences without my kids, but when we're on vacation in another country, we bring them because we don't have anyone to watch them.  And once they are done eating if they start to get antsy, they get to play on my phone and I don't care what anyone else thinks about that because I want to enjoy my meal with my wife when we're spending a couple hundred dollars, and our kids will be quite and let others enjoy the restaurant too.

That doesn't mean "we don't want them" though lol.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

You have always hated me.  

What did I miss?

No, no. I actually love you. Not sure where you got that idea.

This was the part of your post I was responding to.

you ALL seem to love and nurture your children from what I've read. 

It’s my kids that I hate.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 1

Republicans leaders and talking heads are struggling to define woke, but on social media a definition is starting to pop up more than others.  I base this on the fact that I’ve run into it more than a dozen times in the last week.  They’re defining woke as some version of “people that think everything boils down to a dichotomy between oppressed and oppressor.”

it’s weird to define words after you’ve been using them but apparently that’s a thing we can do now.  

1 hour ago, Destino said:

it’s weird to define words after you’ve been using them but apparently that’s a thing we can do now.  

Well, just as a point.  As I understand it, "the dictionary definition" of a word is determined based on "what do people mean, when they use it, right now?"  

In which case, I suppose the definition of "woke" is "anything that Republicans have been told not to like".  

On 3/19/2023 at 10:58 AM, China said:

Overall, 39% say instead that the word reflects what has become the GOP political definition, "to be overly politically correct and police others' words." That's the view of 56% of Republicans.

I would have assumed these numbers were higher. This seems like a good thing to me, given the effort that’s been put into demonizing the term.