Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is and what it means to be “WOKE”!

ClaytoAli

🤪

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/local/2023/03/09/ritz-theater-6th-street-austin-joe-rogan-anti-woke-comedy-club-mothership/69988835007/

Joe Rogan — the 55-year-old controversial podcast host, comedian, UFC announcer and recent California to Austin transplant — opened his anticipated anti-woke comedy club downtown this week.

28 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Get a load of this excuse:

Hahahaha she really blamed it on the black woman saying she distracted her? The Onion couldn't write this chick better. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Tater Salad must not be as good as he usta. What'd he do to end up involved in such a production? 

I remember when he got popular... loved his act when I first saw it. Then I saw him three years later and it was still all the same jokes. I think he only ever had the material that you saw on his special which was all well and good when he could travel around doing different gigs for different audiences every night. Once he got mainstream attention and everyone saw the routine, he was done. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Remember back when GOP leaders droned on endlessly about family values...A-holes like Santorum, who was one of the most wasteful spenders in Congress, created massive deficits and betrayed fiscal conservatives, but distracted voters by carrying on about family values. Gary Bauer and Ralph Reid insisted "character matters!", warning voters they needed to reject Bill Clinton.

And then the GOP nominated a serial philanderer ****-grabbing sleazeball, and suddenly the old schtick had to get tucked away and a new strawman villain had to be imagined.  Enter "Our children are being indoctrinated by Critical Race Theory" followed  LGBTQIARGUV+ is forcing their anti-straight agenda on the rest of us...which is now apparently responsible for bank failures???

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 3/15/2023 at 2:38 PM, Captain Wiggles said:

The opening night lineup of comedians was David Lucas, Ron White, Tim Dillion, Roseanne Barr and Tony Hinchcliffe. 🤣

Tater Salad must not be as good as he usta. What'd he do to end up involved in such a production? 

He quit drinking.

• Haha 1

I’m not really a fan of Disney shows that are about a black dude who only dates white chicks

idk what it was called but it was on at like 8 and I walked in on it being watched and it just doesn’t seem appropriate. 

7 hours ago, tshile said:

I’m not really a fan of Disney shows that are about a black dude who only dates white chicks

idk what it was called but it was on at like 8 and I walked in on it being watched and it just doesn’t seem appropriate. 

Disney's kid programming is pretty universally garbage from what I can tell. 

Edit: Like the stuff aimed at tweens I mean. 

Edited by dfitzo53

10 hours ago, tshile said:

Were you a fan of a movie about black dues who dress up as white chicks?

20 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

In my vast experience in the restaurant industry, and because I never had a child, I've noticed:

Very few couples actually want their children.  They are simply an accessory to their lives because "that's what you do next". 

That's seems like a vast over generalization based on anecdotal experience.

• Thanks 2

A GOP war on 'woke'? Most Americans view the term as a positive, USA TODAY/Ipsos Poll finds

Republican presidential hopefuls are vowing to wage a war on "woke," but a new USA TODAY/Ipsos Poll finds a majority of Americans are inclined to see the word as a positive attribute, not a negative one.

Fifty-six percent of those surveyed say the term means "to be informed, educated on, and aware of social injustices." That includes not only three-fourths of Democrats but also more than a third of Republicans.

Overall, 39% say instead that the word reflects what has become the GOP political definition, "to be overly politically correct and police others' words." That's the view of 56% of Republicans.

The findings raise questions about whether Republican campaign promises to ban policies at schools and workplaces they denounce as "woke" could boost a contender in the party's primaries but put them at odds with broader public opinion in the general election. 

Click on the link for the full article

I can't buy into the mythos elements in religions but if there were to be a "second coming of Jesus" and he manifested to do nothing more than break a shovel over Joe Rogan head and send all his fans into the maw of an active volcano I would revisit my position.

Let us pray.

• Haha 4