Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

7 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

That’s why we have professions and you aren’t in a managerial role with an nfl club

This horrific logic could also be used with Vinny, and Bruce and literally any GM/front office across sports. 

Fans only break it out when defending against a front office but conveniently don’t bring it up when they’re the ones critical of the FO 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, KillBill26 said:

I don't mind that they traded young. I'm just disappointed in the return and I'm absolutely disgusted by the fact that it's Kyle shanahan in the 49ers.  We are going to see Trent Williams and Chase Young holding up a Lombardi and it's going to make me want to puke.

I don't get the Kyle Shanahan hate.  

He was a really good OC for us.  Yeah, he's a bit of a prick.  But Dan messed all that up, not Kyle. All Kyle did is turn Rex Grossman into something resembling a passable QB, and Griffin into an OROTY winner.  

Kyle was not well liked while he was here, and I never got it.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, justice98 said:

Theoretically, they could sign Chase back in the offseason with the 3rd they got for him in hand.  lol

well then 49ers would get a 3rd round comp pick back...  49ers dont give up much other paying Chase the salary for this year for their push for the playoffs.  

1 minute ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

This says more than just what we think about those players, the biggest thing to come out of tonight is that Ron’s power in that building has all gone

From a football standpoint that’s a great thing

Yup

This staff is toast. Burnt toast that is getting stuffed back in the toaster.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

So you’d prefer to keep both and get nothing in return at the end of the season when they both walk?  Got it!  That’s why we have professions and you aren’t in a managerial role with an nfl club

You want to talk to me about professionalism while defending an owner forcing his football people to trade off some of their best players in deadline deals?  That's professionalism to you?

• Haha 1

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

He was a really good OC for us.  Yeah, he's a bit of a prick.  But Dan messed all that up, not Kyle. All Kyle did is turn Rex Grossman into something resembling a passable QB, and Griffin into an OROTY winner.  

Cause he is an arrogant prick who , along with his father, couldnt stop talking about this franchise. We know it was bad. Move on and shut up.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

He's a good poster, but he's obviously so invested in Sweat and Young that he's been goin off on this line, which is frankly comical. As I pointed out, it's naive to a crazy level to think every NFL owner isn't involved in these decisions to some level. To have an owner telling a lame duck regime they need to make moves to benefit the future of the franchise rather than the usual "ooh, maybe we can make a miracle 8-9 playoff appearance" is something to be celebrated. 

That's right.  That's exactly right.

This fanbase has been insulted for decades on numerous levels.  One of those levels is the repeated lie of "We can be a contender THIS YEAR," when it's clear that there's no chance that they will be.  Or the cousin to that lie, "Hey, we're sitting at 3 and 4 and we're ALL IN on a playoff run."

I ****ing hate it.  The worst thing that happened to this franchise was making the playoffs a few years ago with a 7-9 record when it was Chase's rookie year and Heinicke was doing all that wild and crazy **** and almost beat Brady and the Bucs.  ****ing Snyder walking around like he had a 3 foot dong after that like this team was ready to be a Super Bowl contender, they got a hard schedule the next year and fell back to 7-10.  Everyone saw that coming and the team just LIED TO EVERYONE about how they made the playoffs the year before and they were good to go.  It was such bull****.  

**** this team in the neck.  I'm so glad we got some draft picks today and I hope that Harris hires a good, forward thinking GM in the offseason and gets this team on the right track in a proper way instead of this in-between bull**** that we've had to deal with for years.  

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

10 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

You think Josh Harris knows what's best for the long term health of the franchise?  A neophyte who knows absolutely nothing about football or team building.  Dude couldn't even appear sober or string a coherent sentence together as Troy Aikman and Joe Buck tried to baby step him through a softball interview.  He doesn't know the first ****ing thing about running an NFL team, and here he is forcing trades of two of our best players at his first ****ing trade deadline.

You can rationalize this any way you want, and tell yourself that it won't happen again.  Harris has crossed a line that should be unacceptable to any fan who watched the Snyder era unfold.

You overrate Sweats and Youngs talent..neither player has ever gotten double digit sacks or taken over a game and you want to pay them 25 mil a year? Because that is what they would cost to keep..they are not even close to the elite edge players.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

The other thing to remember here is how bad a job this regime did with the Young pick int he first place. Obviously, a lot of what led to this result was his character and work ethic. Ron and Co weren't good enough at what they did to figure out there were issues with a guy they were going to pick with the num er 2 pick in the draft. Even taking a guy who didn't;t at al fill a need but they still took him because he was supposedly such a tremendous value and not doing their diligence to figure that out. 

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

This horrific logic could also be used with Vinny, and Bruce and literally any GM/front office across sports. 

Fans only break it out when defending against a front office but conveniently don’t bring it up when they’re the ones critical of the FO 

The point is, a casual fan wants to keep them on a lost season thinking we can turn it around or sign them long term and a competent FO realizes they aren’t going anywhere and gains assets while knowing there’s still a possibility to resign in the off-season (have seen this a number of times throughout sports).  

the problem with past regimes is they don’t trade expiring contracts during the season (or rarely do). 

2 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

You want to talk to me about professionalism while defending an owner forcing his football people to trade off some of their best players in deadline deals?  That's professionalism to you?

McQueen, c'mon.  One of those two was gonna walk at the end of the season, the other might have been franchise tagged.  Maybe they both walked...and then we didn't get anything in return.

You know better than this.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, djpapeleta360 said:

I think the best thing about the Chase Young trade is watching JDR change his defense philosophy. He would countless times just rush 4 having to much faith these guys will get home only to just get burned. Now he might actually be more aggressive.  

He wont. He isnt smart enough. Or just stubborn enough to think he is smarter than everybody else. Despite plenty of proof otherwise.

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I never said my dislike for him was rational lol.

And I have all the respect in the world for Kyle as an offensive mind.  What he has done in Cleveland, Houston, Washington, Atlanta and San Francisco is all amazing.  RG3 had a great season. Matt Ryan had an MVP season. He has San Francisco's offense humming with Trent Williams and four guys they got at the home Depot parking lot.  

I just don't like them because he has trashed this organization in the past.  Yes, they deserved it.  Yes, our front out office was a clown show. Yes, Snyder was an idiot and a jerk.  But I'm still not going to root for the guy who is trashing our organization no matter how much the criticism was deserved.  Again, I'm not pretending my dislike for shanahan is rational but I also do not want to see him or Trent or Chase win a championship.

Edited by KillBill26

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

McQueen, c'mon.  One of those two was gonna walk at the end of the season, the other might have been franchise tagged.  Maybe they both walked...and then we didn't get anything in return.

You know better than this.

He’s going to die on that hill for a week and then he’ll like something they do and be all in on the ownership group.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, CommandB11 said:

Cause he is an arrogant prick who , along with his father, couldnt stop talking about this franchise. We know it was bad. Move on and shut up.

Shanny Senior talked about Dan Snyder. Snyder was an ass. He meddled uncontrollably. He told people what went on here.  I mean when you leave D.C. you are going into coaching purgatory for the most part. The elder Shanny made his biggest mistake leaving RG3 in that playoff game against Seattle. That was the end for him. However Kyle? He takes QB's and gets the best out of them for the most part. Smart guy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

So tell me how you would have played it out on a lost season when both players are going to command top money?

1. Extend both before season ends to max deals? (Highly unlikely and a huge mistake given other needs and money already dedicated to the line)

2. Get assets and have the option to sign at season end

3. Let them stay and then walk without anything in return

• Like 1