Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

1 hour ago, FootballZombie said:

Is that what that was? All I saw was flaming garbage.

I can not describe the size of the smile on my face now that he is finally and truly gone and I never have to watch him pretend to play QB again.

He’s going to beat us next season and then say, “Oh, and to FootballZombie… I would just like to say  **** you!” in the postgame presser.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, RWJ said:

I'm just a messenger but this comes from a tweeter on twitter that has a lot of followers and look at the numbers on the people that follow him.  Thought it might be of interest.  Take it w/a grain of salt but.... we will know in 24 hours.  Again, check out the followers and the numbers of those who are following him.  Millions and Thousands follow the followers of this Hockeyy Insiderr.  

weird that he has that many followers and most of his posts only get a couple of comments at most. I think he’s full of crap. Furthermore, if he has sources near the owners, please let us know how the sale is going. 

also, I’d be pretty pissed if we got Lamar and I think people are grasping and hoping it happens when I doubt it does. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Fan since a Fetus said:

weird that he has that many followers and most of his posts only get a couple of comments at most. I think he’s full of crap. Furthermore, if he has sources near the owners, please let us know how the sale is going. 

also, I’d be pretty pissed if we got Lamar and I think people are grasping and hoping it happens when I doubt it does. 

Last post on this.  I was the messenger. I don't want it to go down either.  Jackson has been injured the past 2 years and I don't know how much longer he can hold up by being a rushing QB scoring TDs.  He needs to let his line do the work for him rather than him doing the work himself with his legs.  He's not going to last long if he continues to do that.  I am happy with Howell and Brissett as QB2. That's what I was hoping for.  Last time I post on this.  :)  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

He’s going to beat us next season and then say, “Oh, and FootballZombie… **** you!” in the postgame presser.

I bet he would buy a new pair of shoes after he throws for 138 yards, ATL puts up 176 on the ground and Terry becomes the first player ever to be tacked by the refs 3 times in the same game too.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I bet he would buy a new pair of shoes after he throws for 138 yards, ATL puts up 176 on the ground and Terry becomes the first player ever to be tacked by the refs 3 times in the same game too.

What you’re describing right now… that’s called Moxie.

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, dunfer said:

Yeah he isnt winning superbowls, but how can you cant hate on him? Dude is ****ing Rudy from that Notre Dame hobbit guy flick

This is actually an even better comparison than you seem to be aware of, as Heinicke’s legend is nearly as fake as Rudy’s. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

Check back in and still dumb ass smack against a guy who was a good backup and stepped in and helped won some games for a team that has not won a whole lot of games over the years. Yes I’m aware of what side of the fence I lie on and I ❤️ Taylor Heineke. Got it tattooed on my ass too.

On a more important note, I have to say I continue to be impressed by this teams football operations. General Operations is a whole different story, but on the football side this team has finally started building the right way. 2017 was the start and Jon Allen kicked it off. Ever since then we’ve generally drafted well, developed well, retained our own, even gotten some comp picks over the years (not referring to Kirk which we could have traded for so much more). There are plenty of glitches by football Ops since then and they are far from perfect, but they’ve made large strides over the last several years that will eventually translate to a winning product on the field.

This off-season has done nothing to disuade me from that opinion. 

But then I remember we’re Washington and we suck and will never start a season better than 1-5.

Jacoby Brissett is a money signing, he’s definitely an upgrade over heineke and represents a true competition for Howell. Either guy that wins should be better than what we’ve fielded last several years. Please let it be enough to have a great year for the first time in a long time. I mean start to finish. 

Edited by CommanderCarson
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

What a strange situation that is. Assume that’s front loaded with the size of that signing bonus. Bet it’s really like 2 years 44/45mil, with an out.

The guy is clearly obsessed with playing LT when most of the league don’t think it’s his best fit. Very odd. Good short term deal for the Bengals though on balance. They are close to the big prize I guess. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RWJ said:

I'm just a messenger but this comes from a tweeter on twitter that has a lot of followers and look at the numbers on the people that follow him.  Thought it might be of interest.  Take it w/a grain of salt but.... we will know in 24 hours.  Again, check out the followers and the numbers of those who are following him.  Millions and Thousands follow the followers of this Hockeyy Insiderr.  

Has a lot of followers, true.

For me my take is why sign a QB for that amount of momey the day befroe making a move on Lamar?

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Has a lot of followers, true.

For me my take is why sign a QB for that amount of momey the day befroe making a move on Lamar?

Two answers:

1. Incompetence.

2. You don't. 

I suppose there could be a third...

3. You don't really think you're going to get Lamar so you throw a team friendly offer his way and see what happens.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Two answers:

1. Incompetence.

2. You don't. 

3. You don't really think you're going to get Lamar so you throw a team friendly offer his way and see what happens.

Howell starts, Brisset is the back up and Lamar is inactive on game days but primary scout team QB? Did Lamar's mom negotiate this?

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Two answers:

1. Incompetence.

2. You don't. 

3. It's Washington and still Dan's team.

38 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That detail makes me think we’ve added 2 voidable years to spread that 4.5mil SB across an extra 2 years to push 3mil our from 2023 cap.

Thats assuming you can add voidable years to one year deals.

51 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Two answers:

1. Incompetence.

2. You don't. 

I don't see them doing it.  All indications are the opposite, touting Howell as the guy and signing another QB with starter pedigree.   But I guess with Dan you never know.

It would have totally slipped by Keim, who granted isn't perfectly on the money but is pretty close to it -- not only isn't it on his radar he's flat out saying they aren't signing Lamar,

Edited by Skinsinparadise