Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

23 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I’m in on Mecole Hardman.

Wondered if we’d consider Parris Campbell, close with Terry Mc I believe.

i'll let you have hardman if you guarantee we release dax. just removing dax from punt return duties is not enough.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, xxprodigyxx said:

i'll let you have hardman if you guarantee we release dax. just removing dax from punt return duties is not enough.

Dax is such a jag. Horrible pick. Has shown nothing so far and is half way to bust status provides nothing on returns and has mediocre tools to develop as a WR. Literally hundreds of college players like him every year.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

RB is the worst position of all to throw money at. You can draft a guy or get an UDFA that can contribute day 1.

I have zero interest in picking up an FA RB. I have less in trading for Ekler.

I would draft Gibby's eventual replacement this year.

I would love to get a FA WR to replace Dax as our PR guy, like Hardman.

Ekeler is not some regular RB. The dude is a legit receiver threat. He's what we hoped Gibson would become.

I'd trade for Ekeler, give him a 3 year deal, and draft his replacement next year.

• Like 2

Just now, CapsSkins said:

Normally I'd agree. But in a post-Mac Jones, post-Brock Purdy world, I could see someone selecting him on Day 3.

Absolutely possible someone takes a late round flyer on him - I wouldn’t personally.

• Thumb up 1

Just now, seantaylor=god said:

Dax is such a jag. Horrible pick. Has shown nothing so far and is half way to bust status provides nothing on returns and has mediocre tools to develop as a WR. Literally hundreds of college players like him every year.

Guy was a pick away feom being Mr Irrelevant and has made an NFL roster twice so no

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, seantaylor=god said:

Not sure 7th round selections can bust...

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, MartinC said:

Absolutely possible someone takes a late round flyer on him - I wouldn’t personally.

I tend to agree. Might as well draft a project with elite raw, physical traits and see if you can develop him into the next Josh Allen. Especially now that we can always re-sign Brissett if Howell doesn't have the goods.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I'd have paid $15m of somebody else's money not to have to watch our previous backup QB play 15 games again next season, to be honest with you.  

Well Brissett didn't win anymore games than Heinicke.  And Brissett was on a much more talented team.  (Not saying TH is worth 10M either).  

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

Think I have very mixed feelings about signing JB.    Prob the best back up qb there was available to get!  Problem is. If it’s a true qb competition.  Than jocoby wins by experience alone.  And Sam how never gets a chance to really show what he can do.  It’s a shame this team always settles for mediocrity and never takes a chance on potential.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I think its a name you will still be watching when the undrafted free agent signings start.

The guy did his pro day with a lipper in. I get it, he’s a tough guy because he dips. 

But all that machismo aside… this was essentially a professional interview and he had tobacco and tar in his lip. 

He makes some really, really bad decisions. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

was annoyed when they let deandre carter go and found out it was gonna be dax returning punts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

I doubt he survives the regime change. I get that he’s a 7th rounder but he’s wasting a roster spot. He’s like Ryan Grant but worse.

It's pretty bad if Chris Doehring was more productive.  Haha

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

He's what we hoped Gibson would become.

I don't get all the Gibby hate. Gets open, catches everything  and can shake or bulldoze defenders in the open field with the wheels to go the distance. Oh yeah he can run between the tackles when you need to give BRob a breather. 2021 was tough for him as the lead back for sure but if memory serves he didn't put the ball on the turf in 22 and made some pretty good plays in the passing game. 

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, TheBlueIndian said:

I don't get all the Gibby hate. Gets open, catches everything  and can shake or bulldoze defenders in the open field with the wheels to go the distance. Oh yeah he can run between the tackles when you need to give BRob a breather. 2021 was tough for him as the lead back for sure but if memory serves he didn't put the ball on the turf in 22 and made some pretty good plays in the passing game. 

Yes he did. However, Ekeler is an obvious upgrade.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

I am excited to see how EB deploys Curtis and if he can get Dyami more involved.  I think we were hindered by Scott's lack of creativity on offense more than our Oline , TH's arm strength and Carsons deer caught in headlights pocket presence. Should be a good season regardless of who is taking snaps at QB. Both options are more than capable of providing a more dynamic attack than we have seen in a long time 

• Like 1