Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

I'm happy to see this, from day one I've been all in on keeping him.  Don't get rid of young ascending talent, especially when you only have a few impact players on your D and there's no clear path to replacing him with a player of similar quality.

I think this spells the beginning of the end for Sweat and Chase and I'm losing no sleep over that.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

16 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Payne is just entering his prime years. This DL will feast together for the next 5+ years. No excuses to not pay people when you don’t have a QB.

He'll never come close to replicating the season he had last year as he was in a contract year.  Just my prediction.  I don't think he ends up playing a full 16 game season on that new deal either.  JMO.  I Love the talent but think he played his butt off this past year wanting to get paid.  I feel differently about Jon Allen.  

• Haha 1
  • Thumb down 2

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

He'll never come close to replicating the season he had last year as he was in a contract year.  Just my prediction.  I don't think he ends up playing a full 16 game season on that new deal either.  JMO.  I Love the talent but think he played his butt off this past year wanting to get paid.  I feel differently about Jon Allen.  

:806::806::806:

Just now, Sknsnation said:

Don't kill me for this just asking a question. Could this be a sign and trade situation?

Again just asking a question. Thx in advance.

I'd love for it to happen but no they wanted him here and I think in the end they regret it. I HOPE I AM WRONG!  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I swear I wrote my post before seeing this lol...

Need Howell to enter 70% pool of NFL QB competency and Washington has a huge competitive advantage ON the field compared to rest of the division. Then dump him when gratitude transitions to entitlement resulting in him demanding 15-18% of the cap in 3 years 😜 . 

17 minutes ago, max21 said:

So the Mathis pick just looks a bit weirder 

No, he will still play 50-70% of snaps I imagine.  He actually mitigates risk to the huge asset allocation to the DT spot. Must lead with injuries are a certainty and having a talented cheap back up is the way to go. 

Edited by wit33
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, CommDownMan said:

I generally do a bit more offseason studying and make a list of what I would do and just didn't amp myself up this year trying to limit disappointment.  I must say this does make me wonder if it will be a bit better than expected.  Maybe players are also excited about the sale as well.

Keim thinks they will be moderately active, not heavy but something.