Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What product is marketed pretty much exclusively to stupid people?

Cooked Crack

brain supplements.

There was one commercial I used to see all the time, and their idea of a good marketing was to talk to some old lady off the street about it, and they got the sound bite from her: "They let you try it free?  It must be good!"

Edited by PokerPacker
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, gbear said:

DIET Soda...How many people lose weight by switching to diet soda?  Then there are all the studies about increases in dementia occurring in habitual drinkers of diet soda...

I did know someone who claimed to have lost 80 pounds by switching to diet.  Said person was still quite obese.

57 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

It’s a stationary bike with an iPad on it…for $1500 plus a subscription.

Yeah i don't understand the boujee ass folks that buy these. For a fifth of that price one can purchase a decent stationary bike. Gym I put together in a spare room didn't cost as much and that even includes an old Toshiba HDtv I put in there. 🤣

• Like 1

I think Eastern Motor's "your job's your credit" and other similar programs play an extremely important role in offering credit for traditionally underserved segments of the market and they should be lauded for their dedication to fair lending.  

It is a well-known fact in lending circles that credit scoring is inherently racially biased.  

https://www.federalreserve.gov/econres/feds/files/2022067pap.pdf

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/credit-cards/from-inherent-racial-bias-to-incorrect-data-the-problems-with-current-credit-scoring-models/

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/04/24/opinion/giving-credit-where-its-due/

https://medium.com/commonfuture/why-credit-scores-are-racist-da109fcfb300

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

<A 45-year-old biotech CEO may have reduced his biological age by at least 5 years>

The funniest thing about this is that I'm 42 and I wouldn't even click the link on a product that promised to make me biologically 37 again. If you make that 15 or 20 years, I'm at least reading the article.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

2 hours ago, gbear said:

DIET Soda...How many people lose weight by switching to diet soda?  Then there are all the studies about increases in dementia occurring in habitual drinkers of diet soda...

One 12 ounce can of Coca-Cola contains 39 grams of sugar.  39 grams. That's about 9 teaspoons of sugar. The American Heart Association recommends that the maximum daily intake of sugar should be 6 teaspoons for women and 9 teaspoons for men.

So if I want a Coke with a meal, I'm going with Diet Coke or Coke Zero. 

(At the soda fountain, I've found that a mix of 2/3 Coke Zero and 1/3 Diet Coke tastes most like regular Coke.)

• Thumb up 1

Dan, the thing is the fake sugars are bad for you too. They'll impact on appetite amongst other impacts seem to undercut any impact of reducing calories by taking out sugar. It is why there aren't studies singing the praises of diet sodas to lose weight. There are also increasing numbers of studies about the hazards of fake sugars. 

Just one diet soda a day drastically increases odds on dementia without leading to weight loss when compared with just drinking regular sodas.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gbear said:

Dan, the thing is the fake sugars are bad for you too. They'll impact on appetite amongst other impacts seem to undercut any impact of reducing calories by taking out sugar. It is why there aren't studies singing the praises of diet sodas to lose weight. There are also increasing numbers of studies about the hazards of fake sugars. 

Just one diet soda a day drastically increases odds on dementia without leading to weight loss when compared with just drinking regular sodas.

This is the second time I've seen you post this in this thread.

I have never ever seen anyone claim drinking diet sodas will make you lose weight.  You are the first person to make this anti-claim.

All it's doing is substituting a 150+ calorie drink with a 0 calorie drink.  

All things equal, if you are on meal plan and are staying steady weight and you drink 5 sodas a day (making up a number), and you cut that to 5 diet sodas a day, you are cutting out 750+ calories a day, and you will lose weight in that case.

Edited by purbeast

6 minutes ago, gbear said:

The problem is many people simply won't go without their soda.  If the comparison is two liters of diet soda a day vs two liters of full-sugar soda a day, which is worse?

3 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Yeah i don't understand the boujee ass folks that buy these. For a fifth of that price one can purchase a decent stationary bike. Gym I put together in a spare room didn't cost as much and that even includes an old Toshiba HDtv I put in there. 🤣

*ahem*

so I did comparison shopping and to put together your own bike of similar quality you were gonna spend about the same $. And you still need a service for classes. 

in fact - I don’t believe they really make their money off the bikes. They make it off the classes. 

we love ours and it gets used all the time and we have friends we ride with - they either got their own or use the one in their gym. 

honestly think it’s a really solid product. I get why people baulk at the price but if you ever actually used one and looked into it - I don’t understand why you’d hate on it. 

ive never been one that enjoys instructional cardio - I’ve hated everything. But even I’ve found a handful of trainers on their service that I like 

🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1