Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Everything 118th Congress Thread

@DCGoldPants

On 12/23/2023 at 11:16 AM, TheGreatBuzz said:

On 12/23/2023 at 1:23 PM, Fergasun said:

@TheGreatBuzz

Probably because it's not actually true.  Members of Congress live absolutely public and busy lives (at least while they are in Congress).  Someone would truly know something.  Also, didn't this guy vote KMcCarthy out?  

Besides... Russians can now directly influence our reps via dark money.  Thanks SCOTUS!

Just How Compromised Is The GOP By The Russians?

For years, critics of Vladimir Putin have been warning that the Russians have taken over parts of the Republican Party. They raised the alarm as Republicans defended the Russian leader, parroted clear Kremlin talking points, and became mules for disinformation campaigns.

In recent weeks, that criticism has shifted to include not just Republicans who have left the party, including former representatives Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger, but current GOP members. Recently, two powerful Republican chairs of the House Intelligence Committee and the House Foreign Affairs Committee warned openly about how Russian propaganda has seeped into their party and even made its way into speeches on the House floor.

Other members are now even openly questioning whether some of their fellow officials have been compromised and are being extorted. Rep. Tim Burchett (R-TN) suggested in a recent interview that the Russian spies may possess compromising tapes of some of his colleagues. It’s unclear where he’s getting his information or how accurate it is.

And then there’s this: According to a report by Politico, a number of European politicians were recently paid by Moscow to interfere in the upcoming EU elections by Russians pretending to be a “media” outlet called “Voice of Europe.” The Kremlin-backed operation used money to influence officials to take pro-Russian stances. Authorities have conducted some money seizures and launched an investigation into which members of the European Parliament may have accepted cash bribes. This in turn raises an important question for our own politics: Are the Russians doing the same with U.S. politicians, directly or indirectly?

This piece walks through the three types of compromise—disinformation, extortion, and bribery—to give a sense of what we know and what we don’t really know, and, importantly, where we should be on our guard. As this summary will show, from the 2016 election till now, there’s enough Russian smoke now to assume there is a fire, one that compromises not only the integrity of our own system of elections, but the safety and security of the free world.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

Then there’s Trump’s one-time mansion in Palm Beach Florida, which a Russian billionaire named Dmitry Rybolovlev paid $95 million cash for in 2004—then razed to the ground only a few years later and divided the property into three lots. Trump earned a $50 million premium for that sale, having paid $41.35 million for it in 2004. That’s a hefty cash profit and a lot of money to exchange hands for no apparent reason, other than perhaps Rybolovlev wanted to hide money from his wife in their divorce.

Interestingly, FAA records show Rybolovlev’s plane landing in many of the places where Trump was campaigning in 2016, sometimes just hours after campaign events had started. To date, no one has explained the coincidences, but the men claim to have never met each other and deny there was anything unusual going on.

This article didn't mention the NRA either.  Cawthorn is also an interesting case. 

I am also wondering about big conservative donors.  Looking at Thiel and Elon.  Thiel, for instance endorsing and pushing Ron Paul for President.  Is it possible that Russia/China wanted to torpedo a hawk like John McCain?  

• Like 2

I've been commenting on this obvious and logical strategic tactic for a decade. Back in the 60's it used to be the lefties the rooskies were thought to have comprised to sew unrest.

In more recent years there's been an oil gusher of gopers who have greedily and wholeheartedly signed up to be stooges for Moscow, including the vile idiotic orange pos that maga chuds worship. 

The many billions of dollars just from energy and munitions sales Russia has to play with for such activities  is quite a plentiful and effective resource. The now common grifter nature of so many gopers on the scenes these days also feeds right in to this stuff.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I'm not sure how I missed this lol...but in case it wasn't posted already:

I was once in Oklahoma, where a dead person got 92% of the vote, in the general.  

It was one of those districts that's vored Dem for 100 years, and the real election is the Dem primary.  (I'm certain that now days, it's just as loyal, but votes R.)  

The Dem nominee died.  But by law, it was too late to replace him with another Dem.  They could remove him, but not replace him.  

And, if they elected the dead person, then the Dem governor gets to appoint a replacement.  

The R nominee (who knew when he ran that he didn't have a chance) got 8% of the vote, running against a dead man.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Larry said:

I was once in Oklahoma, where a dead person got 92% of the vote, in the general.  

It was one of those districts that's vored Dem for 100 years, and the real election is the Dem primary.  (I'm certain that now days, it's just as loyal, but votes R.)  

The Dem nominee died.  But by law, it was too late to replace him with another Dem.  They could remove him, but not replace him.  

And, if they elected the dead person, then the Dem governor gets to appoint a replacement.  

The R nominee (who knew when he ran that he didn't have a chance) got 8% of the vote, running against a dead man.  

Dead people win all the time.

Claire Makaskill - however you spell name late husband died before election but he won and she got his seat.

1 minute ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Dead people win all the time.

Claire Makaskill - however you spell name late husband died before election but he won and she got his seat.

The difference here is, nobody knew Pace had died lol...they SHOULD have known, but Repubs were apparently too inept to run a competent primary.

5 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

The difference here is, nobody knew Pace had died lol...they SHOULD have known, but Repubs were apparently too inept to run a competent primary.

Distinguished%20Gentlement,%20The%20(1992)%20-%2001.jpg

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Crockett: "I'm just curious just to better understand your ruling...if someone on this committee then starts talking about somebody's bleach blonde bad built butch body, that would not be engaging in personalities, correct?"

Comer: "A what, now?"

(laughter ensues)

Crockett:

image.png.340e53255653b18915a5cd5717820321.png

lol....Crockett is a savage.

• Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

On 5/13/2024 at 1:54 AM, Califan007 The Constipated said:

LOL, this is always my retort when MAGAts simultaneously claim that the Jan 6 protests were peaceful and any violence that occurred was because of Antifa agitators.  If that's true, they should be extra-motivated to prosecute those people.

• Thumb up 3

MTG is a stupid whore who probably uses steroids. I know I sound like I went to the “Harrison Butker’s School of Thoughts for Men,” but I only stayed at a Holiday Inn last night. I can say she’s a whore because she is in fact a whore. MTG would serve us better in a random kitchen somewhere or on her back while making sandwiches than she does in Congress. 

Thanks for listening to my Fetus Talk today. 

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

MTG is a stupid whore who probably uses steroids. I know I sound like I went to the “Harrison Butker’s School of Thoughts for Men,” but I only stayed at a Holiday Inn last night. I can say she’s a whore because she is in fact a whore. MTG would serve us better in a random kitchen somewhere or on her back while making sandwiches than she does in Congress. 

Thanks for listening to my Fetus Talk today. 

😉

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/02/marjorie-taylor-greene-alleged-gym-affairs

If Marjorie Taylor Greene Spent More Time With Polyamorous Tantric-Sex Gurus and Less Time Spreading Insane Conspiracy Theories the Country Would Be Better Off

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1