Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Everything 118th Congress Thread

@DCGoldPants

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Forehead said:

My mother is from Raton.  Visited numerous times.  Was a shock that (at least at the time) mail was only delivered 2-3 times per week and you had to go over the mountains to places like Pueblo, CO for a hospital or anything fancy.

She was very happy to have escaped that life.  It was always an idyllic place to visit but an absolutely dead town with no prospects.

Complete opposite part of the state from me, couldn't be much further. 

I've been thru Raton plenty of times tho and worked with people from there.  It's gorgeous up in that country and outdoor activities wise you can't do much better, but small town NM doesn't provide much in the way of civilization.   You know you're hurting when Pueblo, CO is your go to place.

Edited by The 12th Commandment

Marjorie Taylor Greene backs away from imminent threat to oust speaker https://www.cbsnews.com/news/marjorie-taylor-greene-threat-mike-johnson-house-speaker-motion-to-vacate/

Washington — Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene appeared to retreat from her threat to imminently trigger a vote to remove Speaker Mike Johnson as House leader after lengthy meetings with him this week.

• Haha 2

Very interesting article about MTG's attempt to oust the Speaker.  Some quotes:

It appears Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene has finally out-stupid-ed herself.

That’s no small task. Or maybe it’s a task so small that it can’t be seen with the naked eye. Regardless, Greene’s flailing and ultimately failed attempt to oust Republican House Speaker Mike Johnson for the crime of governing failed miserably Wednesday, bringing a chorus of boos down on the congresswoman and likely marking the end of her preposterous moment in American politics.

Greene’s Herculean displays of vacuousness always had an endpoint, even in a political party as uniquely absurd and useless as one helmed by Trump.

In 2021, she slid, hand-in-glove, into a Republican Party that has an appetite for stupidity. But like a dull-witted Icarus, she has now flown too close to the dumb.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/marjorie-taylor-greene-faces-beginning-152842593.html

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, tshile said:

Seems like a creepy idea. 

The same party that’s heads collectively explode if you say there should be a database of gun owners. 

Testing new Republican "consistent" talking points:

"Guns dont kill people, unborn babies kill people...cause, ya know, we're forcing you to carry to term regardless of threat to your life"

Maybe a bit on the nose...

"The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a pregnant woman"

...yea...Im going to hell.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

Testing new Republican "consistent" talking points:

"Guns dont kill people, unborn babies kill people...cause, ya know, we're forcing you to carry to term regardless of threat to your life"

Maybe a bit on the nose...

"The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a pregnant woman"

...yea...Im going to hell.

I’m beginning to worry about you.

As a grizzled old fart, with acres of experience, I recommend that you drink…heavily.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

I’m beginning to worry about you.

As a grizzled old fart, with acres of experience, I recommend that you drink…heavily.

Way ahead of you.

...this is likely the problem...

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1