Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread : Washington vs Atlanta - The Further Adventures of Earn, Paper Boi', & Darius

TK
Message added by TK,

1628139826_ScreenShot2022-11-27at3_49_45PM.thumb.png.79c88242f6e56500cd9b9d9d7de3ef3f.png

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He’s really stuck.  I also think he really wants to, but he knows the guys are behind Taylor and he also probably doesn’t want to put Wentz into a situation where he’s the bad guy who took Taylor’s job.  

I think Ron also believes they can win this way against the Giants.  

The game which I don’t think they have a chance in hell of winning this way is the 49ers.  Or Dallas if they aren’t resting people. 

I would t be entirely shocked if they go with TH for the Giants, and unless he actually plays well, makes a change over the bye week.  

Now you’re Dr Phil and knows the mindset of Ron? Yikes. Whats next calling Ms Cleo to predict the future?

• Haha 2
  • Thumb down 1

1 minute ago, BraveWarrior said:

What makes you think he really wants to make a change? He was disappointed in Wentz before he got hurt, and QB2 has been at the helm for 6 wins. 

Going from wanting to announce a starter for rest of the season to week by week decision is clear indication he doesn't want yo give Taylor starting job for rest of the season...that and if it was that obvious to do that (name Taylor starter for rest of the season) he'd of done it by now.  Rivera brought Wentz for a reason...one was so Taylor wasn't starting anymore...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Now you’re Dr Phil and knows the mindset of Ron? Yikes. Whats next calling Ms Cleo to predict the future?

He said "I also think he wants to" that's his opinion not fact.

That's the whole point of a message board is to give your opinion. 

Nothing wrong with that.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

He said "I also think he wants to" that's his opinion not fact.

That's the whole point of a message board is to give your opinion. 

Nothing wrong with that.

You can have your opinion. I’m mocking the fact that you guys seem to know what Ron is thinking and gonna do. You guys could certainly be right but Ron didn’t name Taylor starter for the rest of the season because it gives him wiggle room. 

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Going from wanting to announce a starter for rest of the season to week by week decision is clear indication he doesn't want yo give Taylor starting job for rest of the season...that and if it was that obvious to do that (name Taylor starter for rest of the season) he'd of done it by now.  Rivera brought Wentz for a reason...one was so Taylor wasn't starting anymore...

All of that is true, but I guess I question why he'd want to go away from what's working right now. He's probably no more sold on TH than any of us, but he's got a team that's winning right now, perhaps despite TH, but still winning. I can't picture him going home and telling his wife "Yeah, we won the game. But damn, if I could just put Wentz back in I'd be really happy." 

• Thumb up 2

Just now, tshile said:

I swear the local news did a tease on this right before I sat down to dinner and said it was designed by his daughter

if I heard that right then it’s gonna get awkward shortly 

What an embarrassment to the team let alone the family of Sean. Just another notch to Dan selling the team!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

You can have your opinion. I’m mocking the fact that you guys seem to know what Ron is thinking and gonna do. You guys could certainly be right but Ron didn’t name Taylor starter for the rest of the season because it gives him wiggle room. 

No, Ron named TH cause the team was winning with him.

Wentz- 2-4

TH- 3-1

This is called basic math. Ron made the decision based on results. Not because he prefers TH as his QB. If that were true,  Wentz wouldn't have been acquired in the first place.

This ain't "knowing what Ron thinks" as opposed to understanding the logic from the evidence presented.

Not that hard to figure out.

HTTR!

7 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

And there is a draft choice to consider by playing Wentz. 

I've never been convinced we would get away with being that obvious benching Wentz only to avoid sending draft picks, nor that Ron would put 2022 at risk over a draft pick.  Winning Trumps potential winning...the consequences of being right or wrong more directly impact him then a lot of folks ith opinions on the matter.

47 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I think McNabb got picked by Clark in the midseason game here at FedEx to secure the win. The game at the Linc where Taylor sealed the game was the season finale that got us into the playoffs.

There was a late season game vs the Eagles in 2008 here where we also picked McNabb off to win the game, but I can't remember who got the INT. Unfortunately, no playoffs that year.

It was ‘05 because I was in my apartment before buying my first house in ‘06.  It was could, but evidently it was early November.

In response to the back and fourth regarding Ron's post game tone towards TH and the win.

Good folks.  There is not a coach in the league that's willing to accept an INT like the one before the half. My opinion on how bad and frustrating that type of turnover is, is well documented in today's thread.

I have been a supporter (not an apologist) of TH this season for a number of reasons, but that first half INT rips the soul out of you.

I know they have talk about ball protection and forced throws over the last couple weeks and to see that type of turnover hurts everyone confidence. 

So, I can't knock Ron for having high blood pressure after the win.

TH can make mistakes..just not the one where he ignores three white jerseys in the flat.

Edited by dc1
Typing to fast and making typos
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

All of that is true, but I guess I question why he'd want to go away from what's working right now. He's probably no more sold on TH than any of us, but he's got a team that's winning right now, perhaps despite TH, but still winning. I can't picture him going home and telling his wife "Yeah, we won the game. But damn, if I could just put Wentz back in I'd be really happy." 

It isn't about being "really happy", it's about continuing to win, as these only matter in context to if and where we are playing in January.  

It's mind numbing calling the passing game working today, the rest of the team is clearly carrying it, not the other way around.

Edited by Renegade7

6 minutes ago, dc1 said:

I have been a supporter (not an apologist) of TH this season for a number of reasons, but that first half INT rips the soul out of you.

Taylor acknowledged that was a bad throw on his part. Not sure it rips the soul out of the team as we had only 14 seconds on the clock so getting a field goal was still a tall task. Oh I found myself saying it’s better that Taylor got that interception out of the way in a non-costly situation. 

More importantly to me was why Ron didn’t call timeout before the 4th down by Atlanta. 

Edited by skinsfan93

Seahawks lost in ot we jumped past them in the standings

9 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

It isn't about being "really happy", it's about continuing to win, as these only matter in context to if and where we are playing in January.  

It's mind numbing calling the passing game working today, the rest of the team is clearly carrying it, not the other way around.

If you look at all the other games in this weather every qb had under 200

yards passing in those games. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, tshile said:

I swear the local news did a tease on this right before I sat down to dinner and said it was designed by his daughter

if I heard that right then it’s gonna get awkward shortly 

His daughter picked out the uniform colors if I had to guess.  There wasn’t anything but a uniform and some wire

Edited by dunfer

15 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Taylor acknowledged that was a bad throw on his part. Not sure it rips the soul out of the team as we had only 14 seconds on the clock so getting a field goal was still a tall task. Oh I found myself saying it’s better that Taylor got that interception out of the way in a non-costly situation. 

More importantly to me was why Ron didn’t call timeout before the 4th down by Atlanta. 

Speaking from a coach and trust perspective.

While it didn't impact the board, every coach would like to have a favorable expectations/prediction of outcomes; no one wants to coach defensively.

That particular INT was rough because I would have bet that 9/10, TH does a better job of protecting the ball.  No unforced errors.  That INT didn't feel good. 

Tomorrow: Cooler heads and game planning for next week. 

Lastly, I love that we are having these conversations!   I'm honestly ecstatic about the win. Now I'm starting to care about the how we won. 

My Commanders are starting to grow and my expectations are growing with them!

PS: I wanted Ron to call that time out as well.

• Thumb up 2