Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread : Washington vs Atlanta - The Further Adventures of Earn, Paper Boi', & Darius

TK
Message added by TK,

1628139826_ScreenShot2022-11-27at3_49_45PM.thumb.png.79c88242f6e56500cd9b9d9d7de3ef3f.png

Whether Ron stays or goes, I seriously don’t ever want a college head coach. There is a clear learning process for any college coach. Sure some exceptions like Pete Carroll but more failures than success. 

I mention this because I remember Chip Kelly said that Marcus Mariotta would eventually win a Superbowl! What happened to that guy. He was a #2 pick overall like Wentz yet played in a big time conference. I can’t imagine him throwing any worse with his left hand. 

Kudos to a win that keeps us in the playoff hunt which is nice so we have meaningful games in December!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Payne, JSW and Davis won this game.

Maybe I'll go back to the defense thread and find all the people who were ranting about what a bust Davis was over the past year, desspite the coaches and other posters repeatedly saying he was a raw talent that would take time to learn and get comfortable and now he's the GD replacing Holcomb and playig amazig.

Why waste your energy calling out fellow fans for their knee-jerk reactions while the team was losing? Who will that benefit? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

The big hats are dumb and I saw that living in a place where we actaully wear them for function.

You just never know what new dumb thing takes off.  In the late 80s "Used" jeans for $80 per pair were a thing.

..I participated.🥲

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

Why waste your energy calling out fellow fans for their knee-jerk reactions while the team was losing? Who will that benefit? 

Sorry bro, I was excited about him being good and flexing. I'm way too lazy to back track like that and not nearly spiteful enout.

1 minute ago, dc1 said:

You just never know what new dumb thing takes off.  In the late 80s "Used" jeans for $80 per pair were a thing.

..I participated.🥲

you rented blue jeans in the 80's?

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

But he's also capable of pressing the ball down the field.  

In this offense, even if they kept calling it basically the same way, they would have a lot more options with Wentz.  

I get why they won't go back to him.  

But it has to be maddening to Ron that he has McLaurin, Dotson and Samuel, and he can't really use any of them effectively because he has to stick with a QB the team loves but can't actually play.  

I disagree.  Ron is the head coach.  This isn’t personal.  If he thought we had a better chance of winning with Wentz, he would play him.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, Conn said:

That wasn’t “downfield” lol, it was a very normal sideline completion past the sticks. It seems downfield bc Heinicke can’t throw that far with velocity and makes those passes seems hard 

Yes for him its way to much especially in those conditions

8 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

This ending reminded me of the Eagles game in ‘05 where we had to win to make the playoffs and Ryan Clark picked off McNabb as they were close to the winning score.

I think McNabb got picked by Clark in the midseason game here at FedEx to secure the win. The game at the Linc where Taylor sealed the game was the season finale that got us into the playoffs.

There was a late season game vs the Eagles in 2008 here where we also picked McNabb off to win the game, but I can't remember who got the INT. Unfortunately, no playoffs that year.

Edited by hail2skins
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Sorry bro, I was excited about him being good and flexing. I'm way too lazy to back track like that and not nearly spiteful enout.

I'm excited for Davis as well. He's really coming along. Seems to be reading plays much better and not reacting too late. With his speed and athleticism, he's going to be really good when he doesn't have to think too much. He's getting there. 

• Like 2

I don’t get all the Heinicke haters. No one is saying he’s the future of the franchise but he is now!  I have a buddy who thinks we should lose out to get a higher draft pick for a qb. That kind of mindset to me is not a true fan! Even if we get a high drafted qb, there’s no guarantee of anything. Hell look at Trey Lance. 

Its about getting into the playoffs and seeing what happens right? 2 years ago we barely won our division and took the eventual Superbowl winners to the brink. You can’t possibly win if you’re not in the dance. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 2

4 minutes ago, PolarExpress said:

I disagree.  Ron is the head coach.  This isn’t personal.  If he thought we had a better chance of winning with Wentz, he would play him.  

He can’t.  You just can’t bench a QB who’s on this winning streak, almost no matter what.  You risk losing the locker room.  

He has to wait until he can bench him and then he will.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 2

1 minute ago, BraveWarrior said:

I'm excited for Davis as well. He's really coming along. Seems to be reading plays much better and not reacting too late. With his speed and athleticism, he's going to be really good when he doesn't have to think too much. He's getting there. 

I’d imagine if our coaching staff remains for next season then he will play his best ball. Two years of solid experience behind him should help tremendously.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He can’t.  You just can’t bench a QB who’s on this winning streak, almost no matter what.  You risk losing the locker room.  

Have to keep in context how bunched upnwild card race is and whis remaining on our schedule.

One lose to the wrong team could do a lot of damage.

Browns game would probably be the least painful lose because of AFC, but only one chance to make up for and that's on the road in Dallas.

If Ron really does want to make a change, and I believe he does, clock is ticking.

8 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Had Payne not gotten his hand up we'd have lost and I imagine the guy with 138 yards passing against the worst secondary in the league would be taking a seat for next week.

• Like 4
  • Thumb down 1

11 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Have to keep in context how bunched upnwild card race is and whis remaining on our schedule.

One lose to the wrong team could do a lot of damage.

Browns game would probably be the least painful lose because of AFC, but only one chance to make up for and that's on the road in Dallas.

If Ron really does want to make a change, and I believe he does, clock is ticking.

He’s really stuck.  I also think he really wants to, but he knows the guys are behind Taylor and he also probably doesn’t want to put Wentz into a situation where he’s the bad guy who took Taylor’s job.  

I think Ron also believes they can win this way against the Giants.  

The game which I don’t think they have a chance in hell of winning this way is the 49ers.  Or Dallas if they aren’t resting people. 

I would t be entirely shocked if they go with TH for the Giants, and unless he actually plays well, makes a change over the bye week.  

2 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Sure glad guys like you aren’t coaching this team. Stick with peewee football 

They’re going to.  For now.

Ive said I wouldn’t bench TH right now.  

l

• Like 2