Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders @ The Texans ~ Moxie Corrals The Herd!

zCommander

Game is on Sunday at 1pm. 

It's the sixth time the two franchises will play each other, and the Texans have been victorious in each of the last three matchups. The most recent win came at Washington in 2018 when Houston triumphed, 23-21, in Week 11.

Texans Quarterback Kyle Allen and Running Back Dare Ogunbowale spent some time in Washington. Heinicke, meanwhile, played for the Texans in 2017, and Joey Slye kicked for the Texans in a trio of 2021 games. Offensive lineman Nick Martin was with Houston from 2015 through 2020.

They have a good passing defense (ranked #11) - but are really bad at run defense (last in the league). We should see more running plays from the Commanders in this game as well. 

Commanders: 23

Texans: 17

3 hours ago, Simmsy said:

I've been considerably wrong as of late, don't want to get too comfortable...so I'll just stay quiet for now.

Yeah, my guesses have been a bit off lately too.  But let me throw this out there:

Commanders 74, Texans 3.

• Haha 5

Kind of good but also kind of sad that this thread started the day after last nites game while the Eagles prediction thread had all of 5 measly pages. Obviously last nites win brought some fans back and I hope you naysayers/Debbie Downers can just accept our team THIS YEAR for what it is. A decent team with an everyday man at qb, a solid run game, some pretty good playmakers on offense, and an underrated defense that seems to be getting better each week. 

Cheers to another step toward making the playoffs!

52 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Kind of good but also kind of sad that this thread started the day after last nites game

I start the prediction threads on Mondays. The next day after the game. We had a Monday night game so I started it after midnight and so therefore it was Tuesday. Also we have a shorter week too. It is all good and don't be sad. :)

Edited by zCommander
  • Like 1