Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders @ The Texans ~ Moxie Corrals The Herd!

zCommander

Head: Commanders 21, Texans 13

The Commanders are riding high thanks to the upset of the Eagles and the defense is playing like a top unit. As long as the offense can remain efficient with the run-game especially and on 3rd downs, the Commanders will take care of business.

Gut: Commanders 17, Texans 16

A short week after a terrific win vs the Eagles has this team feeling themselves and they come out flat on the road vs what appears to be an inferior Texan squad, talent-wise. They should still be able to get the job done on the ground though  and the defense makes enough plays when it counts to escape with the win.

Liver: Commanders 31, Texans 10

For the first time in as long as I can remember (but then again, my memory isn't what it used to be), the team that plays in Washington just dominates a lesser opponent from the jump and never lets up. Viva La comfortable win!

I'll go with my Gut this week...

Edited by Wyndorf25
spelling

I mean, huge opportunity here.  To go above .500, to win 5 of 6 and almost would won 6 straight would be a confidence boost that elevates talent.  If this team is going to make the playoffs it has to win this game.  Personally I think its a blowout, dominant win from front to back.  Texans offense is bad so the D should feast, and their Run D is absolutely atrocious.  If anyone missed it, we just ran the ball all day vs Philly, so they should hand it off another 50 times.  

31-10 W's.

• Like 2

feels nice to be able to sit, at least for a few minutes to type this { herniated disc & sciatica }.

This is one of those games where its a showcase game for the Texans; they will be interested in one or more of the Wash. players and a deal will be made in the off-season. Dunno why but it seems to happen most every year when its an NFC vs AFC game. { Maybe Payne? }

Anyhoo, this will be a little lower scoring, kinda ugly/kinda entertaining game.

Commies 19

Kotexans 15

This a typical letdown game as so many we have seen here before.

Beat a great team, lose to a mediocre one. If this team wants to be taken seriously then RIVERA must win.

But they won't, since there are way too many problems already on this squad that are temporarily forgotten thanks to frequent small miracles by TH and McLaurin.

Washington: 20

Texas: 20

On 11/15/2022 at 7:02 AM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I’ve been calling losses for quite a while now, but this is one I can’t picture us losing 

undefeated killers: 24

texans: 10

damn it...you know what that means...

On 11/15/2022 at 10:04 AM, gbear said:

I predict we finish -2 in turnovers and lose a heart breaker 24-17.  We are due for the let down, and getting a DE back who hasn't played in a year will only go so far.

due for a let down? lions? titans? vikings? wentz?

why are we always due?

2 hours ago, Stone Cold said:

PALOFFS IS NOW!!!

It actually is kindof.

But I want to remind you the original Paloffs there was was created in 2005 when the team was 5-6, and they basically had to win out.  

Making every game basically an elimination game.

We’re not quite there yet.  

One more loss and we’ll be there.

But we will avoid the letdown and smash the Texans. Well, Commanders version of smash the Texans.

20-15, good guys.  

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

But I want to remind you the original Paloffs there was was created in 2005 when the team was 5-6, and they basically had to win out.  

yes it is good to reminder the millennials that "Paloffs is NOW!" was thing well before HODL was thing... lol  Ah the good old days when we still sucked but we were all little less cynical as a fan base...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, zCommander said:

HODL (“Hold On for Dear Life”) is a crypto slang term meaning to buy-and-hold indefinitely. 

well to be more accurate.. and the reason i am bringing it up now...

the user intended to say HOLD but he misspelled it which became a meme.  "Hold on for Dear Life" interpretation came AFTER it became a meme ala "Paloffs is now" meme we have on Extremeskins.

• Thumb up 1

My prediction

Commanders 31

Texans 17

And here is TMI for the day.. I have two offers to go watch the game here in Houston from a box as everyone around me know that I am hardcore Washington Fan...

Had to turn it down because I need to do Dad things with my daughter...   Easy decision but still sad at the same time...

Just now, sjinhan said:

My prediction

Commanders 31

Texans 17

And here is TMI for the day.. I have two offers to go watch the game here in Houston from a box as everyone around me know that I am hardcore Washington Fan...

Had to turn both offers down because I need to do Dad things with my daughter...   Easy decision but still sad at the same time...

16 hours ago, sjinhan said:

yes it is good to reminder the millennials that "Paloffs is NOW!" was thing well before HODL was thing... lol  Ah the good old days when we still sucked but we were all little less cynical as a fan base...

😂…perhaps y’all should check how long I’ve been a member here.  Paloffs is now…that’s the bottom line…because Stone Cold said so.  Can I get a Hail Yeah!

Edited by Stone Cold

17 hours ago, sjinhan said:

Those were fun years. I wish I could go back to the passion I had during the Gibbs II years. I cared so much and didn't know what Snyder was up to in his spare time...filming cheerleaders' wardrobe malfunctions, etc...just a simpler time when I could hope he'd eventually figure out how to own a team and we could find glory again.