Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders @ The Texans ~ Moxie Corrals The Herd!

zCommander

The stars and planets have to align a certain way for Hiene to play a good game. Like last year, it's on and off. Anyone looking past the Texans hasn't been a fan of this team for very long. But we need and should win this one.

Eagle slayers - 24

Horns - 20

6 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

So is Chase Young re activated or not?

No. Rumors are he's not actually close to returning.

2 hours ago, ultravin said:

Armani Rogers to IR also?  damn!  he's one of the bright spots in the offense! now it's just Bates as the lone TE that can actually do stuff.  Logan needs to step it up.  what's going on with Cole?

Cole got a nasty concussion when his head bounced off the ground.

Edited by Always A Commander Never A Captain

The Texans' run defense is giving up an average 5.2 yards per carry. Although the Commanders are only averaging 3.9 yards per carry, I think Houston will game plan to stop the running game and dare TH to beat them throwing the ball. Net result, TH has a better than average day, and the good guys win, 27-17.

It's a team that Washington can beat if mistakes, penalties, and turnovers were essentially even-sided. 

Key for Washington is how to limit the Texans' RBs, while also ensuring the Texans' TEs don't take advantage of Boston's coverage deficiencies.  I anticipate Mills being under interior D-line  pressure so not too many long passing plays, Washington will need to be vigilant vs draws and screens.

I think Houston stacks the box to stop the run, so Heinicke needs to be completing passes to the TEs and receiving corps to extend the drives. Texan CB Stingley is out, so McLaurin and/or Dotson should be able to get open for Heinicke.  Pre-snap motion to displace Texan LB'ers will be harder to sell with Bates instead of Armani Rogers, so hoping to see more schemes involving Samuels.

It will be an ugly win, but Washington should prevail, unless ref-calls really favor home-field Texans.  

Washington 23, Houston 16.

19 hours ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

No. Rumors are he's not actually close to returning.

I didn't even need the rumors, if you saw those drills with him coming out of his stance to sprint he didn't look right. This injury is definitely comes with more than a 1 year recovery time. Not to mention like I've preached, being healed vs being confident in doing what he once could do, are two completely different things, and the way our D is playing I'm fine with him taking longer..  I get there can be politics involved maybe having to do with his contract. I mean is he getting paid while he's hurt? I think him making his return in 2023 is a real option.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, woodpecker said:

Definitely a letdown situation, but luckily for us Houston is tanking. And the team is still riding the wave of momentum over Snyder‘s departure. Good times roll Wash 27 Hous 13

yup.  Tanking for their next QB of the future