Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

World Cup 2022 Thread (Ole.... oleololeole...ole... ole...)

Fergasun

Argentina wasted the first half of extra time... not until after they took out Gakpo did Argentina attack.

These are exciting... 

@Forehead

I think 15 now. 

I don't know why Dempsey said Netherlands is on borrowed time... its a coinflip!

Emiliano... was he the one taunting Columbia during PKs during Copa America??

Messi stays alive. 

I think everyone in soccer is rooting for Argentina.  Probably another 4 yellow cards during PKs.  

I thought Lautero was going to miss... Dutch should have tried to better use their height when they were even. 

The set piece to tie it was amazing.

5 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Messi stays alive. 

I think everyone in soccer is rooting for Argentina.  Probably another 4 yellow cards during PKs.  

I thought Lautero was going to miss... Dutch should have tried to better use their height when they were even. 

The set piece to tie it was amazing.

dutch definitely should have stayed on their front foot knowing argentina is one of the very best PK teams in the world.  Not sure why they took their foot off the gas, but they’ll have plenty of time to think about it.  

absolutely phenomenal soccer day.  Two excellent games.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, China said:

We'll see what happens when it goes to penalty kicks as I'm assuming nobody will score in extra time which will be lame.

Called it.  Not surprised.  They need to fix the rules so that they end up with fewer games going to PKs.  

14 minutes ago, China said:

Called it.  Not surprised.  They need to fix the rules so that they end up with fewer games going to PKs.  

I agree for sure but you can’t fix the Dutch lack of heart, clearly playing for penalty kicks, after netting two bangers in the final 10 + 10.

I completely love soccer and hate it completely, all at the same time.  Buncha cowards.

10 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Everyone seems to think Portugal and France win tomorrow. We will see. If Morocco wins that would be absolute insanity.

I'm not sure about Morocco, eventhough they are resilient they'll be missing a key defensive player and Portugal is a real pain in the ass to play against (Euro 1984, 2016). They have a knack at disturbing your game plans, and they stick like glue.

I have a different game plan for tonight ;)

giphy.gif

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

Re:Grant Wahl

I watched the video from his brother, but this is something Grant allegedly posted recently:

“My body finally broke down on me. Three weeks of little sleep, high stress and lots of work can do that to you,” Wahl wrote. “What had been a cold over the last 10 days turned into something more severe on the night of the USA-Netherlands game, and I could feel my upper chest take on a new level of pressure and discomfort. I didn’t have Covid (I test regularly here), but I went into the medical clinic at the main media center today, and they said I probably have bronchitis. They gave me a course of antibiotics and some heavy-duty cough syrup, and I’m already feeling a bit better just a few hours later. But still: No bueno.”

Yes, I am throwing cold water on the conspiracy accusations from his brother, because it seems like he was pushing through his body telling him to rest.  I know he had worked World Cups before, bur our bodies don't respond the same as we get older. 

• Like 1

Was at a party last night, and did not see the Grant Wahl news until this morning waking up. Absolutely devastated. I’ve been reading and listening to Wahl for ages, respect him, and his knowledge of the game, and always thought that he seemed a genuinely nice person. US Soccer has lost an icon.

His brother’s reaction seems knee jerk, and is likely fueled by Grant’s treatment by Qatari authorities when wearing a rainbow shirt to the first match he was covering. Grant himself said he was feeling ill recently, but collapsing and dying is heartbreaking. He will be sadly missed, and thoroughly irreplaceable.

Godspeed Grant Wahl 😢

Edited by Long n Left