Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

World Cup 2022 Thread (Ole.... oleololeole...ole... ole...)

Fergasun

Gonna be an epic final.  I will stick with France, they just have more guys up top that can kill you in different ways.  Messi can be perfectly brilliant and it probably won’t be enough.

There will be goals.

Just now, abdcskins said:

Morocco's defense has failed them.

Nah, that was world class from Mbappe.

44 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

So Argentina or France? I gotta lean France. Interested to see what the line is. I might go draw, 1-1 goes to extra time.

I don't even know who is Muani, that's how distant I've been from the game :). Props to the Moroccans for their performance.

Props to Deschamps for his coaching and bringing a B team to the final.

I confess I've never been a fan of him, mostly because he couldn't handle the arrogance of his players during the final of Euro 2016 and vs Switzerland in Euro 2021.

Some argentinians looked like having roids rage attitudes vs Netherlands. Paredes is definitely a huge pos and I think that Mafifa won't handle him the sanction he deserves before the final. I believe Suarez was banned after the game during a previous WC.

I doubt we will repeat, but well what do I know ?

Edited by FrFan

Morocco had chances.  Argentina feels like a team of destiny.  You don't think they will be locked in to win it for Messi?  

This will be s very good game, but I think Argentina will come out with fire and heat.  Messi is a competitor, has been here and lost (2014) and the team wants this badly.  They bagged 3 on a Croatia team that is similar to Morocco.  If France can hold for 30 minutes.. they have a chance to win. France's D is so suspect.  

This will be a surprisingly physical game. I believe Argentina will win, this team has so much chemistry and the young guys will combined with the will of Messi prevail.

May the soccer Gods punish whichever team flops more and award the other team the victory.

I'm rooting for France.  I was going to reserve the right to change my mind if they played like injury faking pansies (worse than Argentina, anyway), but I just realized I'll be playing golf during the match and won't know how anyone is behaving.

14 hours ago, Forehead said:

May the soccer Gods punish whichever team flops more and award the other team the victory.

I'm rooting for France.  I was going to reserve the right to change my mind if they played like injury faking pansies (worse than Argentina, anyway), but I just realized I'll be playing golf during the match and won't know how anyone is behaving.

Don't worry, we never ever won a competition diving, and it's not going to happen. On the other hand I expect some argentinians to rough up Mbappé.

That's been 5 days since MaFifas' minions said they will do something that just needs basic 101 officiating expertise. So far they did nothing about Paredes and Messi and won't until the end of this competition. I say Argentina is clearly protected here. That's why I'm pessimistic about our chances to repeat, wish to be proven wrong though.

Two evil empire (PSG) players facing each others (Mbappé and Messi) the qataris have already won.

I didn't watch any game and it won't change next Sunday, I'll be outdoors too.

'Qatar bribed eight Ecuadorian players': Explosive match-fixing claim rocks FIFA World Cup 2022

World Cup 2022: heat on Qatar diverts attention from Fifa’s failure to tackle proven corruption

VAR's a shambles! Messi scores penalty after spot-kick given to Argentina for pulling a day after Maguire madness

WHAT HAPPENED? Messi opened his account for the World Cup with a spot-kick, but only after the intervention of pitchside technology. Leandro Paredes was brought down in the box following a corner, and the referee consulted VAR before giving the penalty. It was reminiscent of the incident involving Harry Maguire in England's game on Monday, where the defender was bundled over but denied a penalty. The challenge on Paredes was fairly called as a foul, but the pull on Maguire was even worse in the Three Lions' 6-2 win against Iran, with inconsistency from VAR reigning in the early stages of the tournament.

Edited by FrFan

For the first time ever, no British fans were arrested at the World Cup

There were no arrests among fans of England or Wales at the World Cup in Qatar, according to the UK's football policing lead.

Chief Constable Mark Roberts of Cheshire Police has said it's the first time that no fans from the UK were arrested at a World Cup.

"The behavior of England and Wales out in Qatar was absolutely exemplary," Roberts said. "Throughout the home nations' involvement in the tournament there were no arrests or incidents to report, which is a credit to all those who travelled.

"Traditionally we do have few arrests of our fans at World Cups, but to have zero isn't something we have seen before."

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1

Infantino said that the World Cup has shown a “unique, cohesive power” and thanked "all the workers and the volunteers involved, for helping to make it the best World Cup ever”.

Said the jerk (under a pending corruption investigation) who moved to Qatar. He forgot "all the workers"  who lost their lives.

Exclusive: FIFA rebuffs Zelensky’s request to share message of peace at World Cup final

“We are defending values, we are defending human rights and rights of everyone at the World Cup. Those fans and the billions watching on TV, they have their own problems."

As despicable as a known NFL franchise owner

Edited by FrFan

Not sure why you are posting a half a year old tweet re: Mbappe and Winamex. 

It's a third place game!  1-1 after the 10th minute.  Dari takes away and giveth back.  A shame Aguerd wasn't available vs. France. 

Modric's last World Cup game for country ... I would love to see a good Morocco attack...but Croatia is likely to have the front foot.