Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

World Cup 2022 Thread (Ole.... oleololeole...ole... ole...)

Fergasun

7 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

I heard the worst analysis of Argentina-Netherlands... "Argentina deserved to win because they were better for most of the match."  Ridiculus .. 

Sounds like a great crowd of support for Morocco....

I fear Mafifa is going to handle the WC to Messi :rolleyes: Wish to be proven wrong.

Edited by FrFan

Everyone was also complaining about the ref, but I would like to know what he should do about such a crazy emotional game.  "The ref lost control"... both teams were trying to win hard.  From a card perspective I think the US analysts did a poor job... why did they all act like Messi should have gotten a yellow for a hand-ball?  How does a ref "control" the emotions... and those emotions made the match much better.  

From a foul perspective... re the ref.  

Argentina was upset for so much extra time, but they were lucky Paredes didn't get a double yellow for his kicking the ball into the bench stunt.  They also timewasted so much and so well that extra time was justified.  Maybe the free kick that tied it?  It was a clear push in the back.

I know the Dutch were upset with being called for so many fouls. I re-watched from the 2nd half on and I agree with the Dutch there were many whistles in the Argentina end that were head scratching and they were called every time they breathed on a blue and white shirt.  2 or 3 times they had an attack stopped for a phantom foul.  At the same time, they didn't have much possession under duress.

Outside of the majority of the Argentine team being a bunch of dickheads, that Spanish referee was, and is, a clown. I’ve seen him do a number of high level matches, and every time I think, he believes he is the most important part of this match, and he has no consistency in his calls. 

The fact that Parades was not sent off is mind boggling. Especially with VAR. Belting a ball as hard as you can into the opponents bench from 10 meters away, and after the whistle has blown, is a straight red card 100%. The fact that it occurred directly after a late, hard yellow card foul makes it even more mind boggling that he doesn’t get a second yellow straight away. 

I was disappointed in the Dutch’s play, and even more so by Van Gaal’s tactics, and the squad he chose to bring. Daley Blind, who I may be able to beat in a foot race started and played most of every game. He gets beat for the opener. Malacia doesn’t get one minute, though he has pace to burn, and has been a starting FB for Man U for most of this season. Left out young stars like Gravenberch, Malen, and Brobbey for old, slow veterans. 

I’ve always loved the Dutch flair in their footballing, and to play a defensive, counter attacking style is antithetical to to Total Football, and the way the Dutch have played since Cruyff. Sad to see the Oranje go out in the manner they did, especially to those S American ****bags.

20 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

Just announced … England’s formation for today’s game.

13797985-1972-4E80-9DF5-6A7D017014ED.jpeg

Won’t help. Mbappe runs around em all and nets a brace anyway!

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

@FrFan

Did you intentionally post a photo with Edgar Davids in the background?  ie... the guy standing next to van Gaal when Messi came over post game? 

No I didn't, just picking up one of my favorite refs picture

Edit : oh ! oh ! Morocco up, you might see an interesting second half

Edited by FrFan

1 hour ago, Long n Left said:

Outside of the majority of the Argentine team being a bunch of dickheads...

Yeah, after watching the highlights, Argentina is now dead last in my rooting order.  Screw them, Messi can retire without this box being checked off.

• Like 1

Shocking result!  

Portugal put up such a weak offense at the end, but they had their chances.  The save around 80' was amazing... Bruno Fer had a shot whistle over (plus his 1H try).  Ronaldo had a shot  I think they needed to put the ball in the box more.... 

Historic moment for the first team to make the Semis from Africa.

1 minute ago, Forehead said:

Yeah, after watching the highlights, Argentina is now dead last in my rooting order.  Screw them, Messi can retire without this box being checked off.

Football has always had a level of ****housery and cheating, and Argentina are among the worst.

Football could learn a lot from other sports in having zero tolerance for the bull****.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forehead said:

What a silly take.  Dutch trash talked the whole time as well... did you not see the overhead videos off the field.  It was an emotional, passionate game for them all.  I think van Gaal made some comments about Netherlands winning in penalties. 

I hope you never watch CONMEBOL football....