Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

World Cup 2022 Thread (Ole.... oleololeole...ole... ole...)

Fergasun

14 minutes ago, Forehead said:

I had to go into the office today where just about everything useful is blocked.  Is Croatia actually trying or are they packing it in and waiting to try their luck from the penalty spot?

Clearly defensive, but they tried and had some good counter chances.  They'd didn't park the bus for 90 minutes and deserved that equalizer

• Like 1

Not a fan of having a 21 year take the first PK kick.  Too much pressure imo.

1 minute ago, Destino said:

Croatias keeper is monster.  He’s primarily responsible for their two wins in the knockout stages.  As soon as this one went to PKs I knew Brazil was out.  

Yeah, even that Marquinos kick at the end, I thinj Brazil was feeling like their kick had to be perfect to get past the keeper.

• Like 1

Just now, bearrock said:

Not a fan of having a 21 year take the first PK kick.  Too much pressure imo.

Yeah that was the worst one by far, Donovan was saying that is exactly what goalkeepers want, ball slightly elevated and not far enough to the corner. Was a fairly easy save once the Croatian goalkeeper guessed right. 

38 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Neymar just left Croatia with too much time on the clock.  

Brazil missed too many chances and hats off to Croatia for winning PKs. Amazing comeback..

No he didn’t.  All they had to do was defend for a few minutes.

This is pretty much why I had France winning.  Brazil can be brilliant on the attack but they seem to have an air of over confidence the last few cups and give too many opportunities to inferior opponents.  

France is the clear favorite now and I’ll be absolutely shocked if they fall short.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Let's go Netherlands 🇱🇺

Over/under is 2, not sure if it will be a defensive battle or if they go back and forth.

I hope it's going to be Oranje crush instead of Oranje crushed

38 minutes ago, Destino said:

Croatias keeper is a monster.  He’s primarily responsible for their two wins in the knockout stages.  As soon as this one went to PKs I knew Brazil was out.  

Croatia and Portugal are sticky, they are both a real pain in the ass to play against

• Like 1

@86 Snyder 

Being facetious with the leaving too much time on the clock.  No idea why most of Brazil's midfield and attackers were not back on that goal. 

As much as we hate it when coaches go all defensive, players have to be smarter than to rush a lot of people forward.  If I recall correctly Casemiro was trying to foul to stop the break out... but it was 4 on 4 with another Croatia attacker joining when they scored.  

27 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

@86 Snyder 

Being facetious with the leaving too much time on the clock.  No idea why most of Brazil's midfield and attackers were not back on that goal. 

As much as we hate it when coaches go all defensive, players have to be smarter than to rush a lot of people forward.  If I recall correctly Casemiro was trying to foul to stop the break out... but it was 4 on 4 with another Croatia attacker joining when they scored.  

Oh okay.  Yeah they got sucked up on the attack and left themselves way too thin.  It’s those type of moments that illustrate the overconfidence I was talking about.  Just play possession and defend for 10 minutes and you’re through.  Absolutely stupid to get caught on a counter.  Zero discipline.

• Like 1