Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

World Cup 2022 Thread (Ole.... oleololeole...ole... ole...)

Fergasun

i read there is some history of that guy bothering Eto'o.... but I am assuming he is getting arrested and charged (was it Eto'o that kicked him?).  Assault with a deadly weapon. 

Spain vs. Morocco... I love Spain, but I like rooting for the underdogs.  Bounou in goal could be the difference. 

A player who always is on for Spain that bothers me is Dani Olmo.  Soccer is  a really hard sport... so I expect him to do something, but he never capitalizes on the chances.  It's the story of Spanish soccer lately... pass and move  it right to the mouth of the goal and then put it inches wide or over the bar.  

14 hours ago, Fergasun said:

i read there is some history of that guy bothering Eto'o.... but I am assuming he is getting arrested and charged (was it Eto'o that kicked him?).  Assault with a deadly weapon. 

Spain vs. Morocco... I love Spain, but I like rooting for the underdogs.  Bounou in goal could be the difference. 

A player who always is on for Spain that bothers me is Dani Olmo.  Soccer is  a really hard sport... so I expect him to do something, but he never capitalizes on the chances.  It's the story of Spanish soccer lately... pass and move  it right to the mouth of the goal and then put it inches wide or over the bar.  

"The victim is an Algerian YouTuber (named sadouni SM) who asked him how much it costs to bribe a referee (referring to a controversial comeback play-off between Cameroon and Algeria last March." (2-1 OT win for Cameroon)

How's tikitaka, still sterile ball possession ?

Edit:

Edited by FrFan

The type of game that kills soccer.  Yes, Spain... they cannot score if you hold possession.  Unfortunately, you don't win by possession. 1000 passes doesn't equal 1 goal.  They have Gerald Moreno and Iago Aspas sitting at home... yes, I. think Aspas missed a PK last World Cup... but I think both are better than Morata... 

28 minutes ago, Destino said:

How do you not even get one PK into the net?  That’s just terrible by Spain.  PKs should be damn near automatic, with keepers feeling good if they stop one of the five.  

What a choke job.  My friends and I used to play PK shootout all the time and we converted most of them.  Chokers :)

While we have a breather from games.  Here is my predictions for the last 7 games  This is not gambling advice!

Netherlands over Argentina (sorry Messi, I am rooting for you but your team hasn't been tested -- same could be argued with the Dutch but I think they aren quality at all positions)

Brazil over Croatia (will not be as easy for them though)

France over England (I expect a really good game, England will slow it down and it could go to PKs)

Portugal over Morocco (the African magic ends)

Semi-Finals

Netherlands over Brazil 

Portugal over France

(Maybe I am giving Netherlands and Portugal too much credit overall, but if we get these matchups, I expect very direct, aggressive games.  I don't trust Brazil's defense and I think France is also hindered by defensive injury's.  Their back lines are bound to get exposed).

Final

Portugal over Netherlands

(While the world roots for Messi, Ronaldo's teammates carry him to a World Cup victory).

I know everyone wants to see that France vs. Brazil final...the thing that sucks about soccer is that occaisionally the big matches will not deliver... hope we get seven exciting matches that do not end at 0-0 with penalty kicks. 

2 hours ago, Fergasun said:

I know everyone wants to see that France vs. Brazil final...the thing that sucks about soccer is that occaisionally the big matches will not deliver... hope we get seven exciting matches that do not end at 0-0 with penalty kicks. 

We played Brazil 4 times in the WC, with only one average game in terms of excitement

WC 58 it was Brazil 5-3 France (playing 10 no subs allowed)

WC 86 France 1-1 Brazil penalty shootout. What a game Platini vs Zico.

WC 98 France 3-0 Brazil

Confederatrions Cup 2001 France 2-1 Brazil

WC 2006 France 1-0 Brazil

I like the Netherlands as the underdog

I won't make any prediction since I don't watch and mostly because of this ===> Who's prone to ruin a WC ?

Spoiler

Mafifa

Edited by FrFan

7 hours ago, Fergasun said:

While we have a breather from games.  Here is my predictions for the last 7 games  This is not gambling advice!

Netherlands over Argentina (sorry Messi, I am rooting for you but your team hasn't been tested -- same could be argued with the Dutch but I think they aren quality at all positions)

Brazil over Croatia (will not be as easy for them though)

France over England (I expect a really good game, England will slow it down and it could go to PKs)

Portugal over Morocco (the African magic ends)

Semi-Finals

Netherlands over Brazil 

Portugal over France

(Maybe I am giving Netherlands and Portugal too much credit overall, but if we get these matchups, I expect very direct, aggressive games.  I don't trust Brazil's defense and I think France is also hindered by defensive injury's.  Their back lines are bound to get exposed).

Final

Portugal over Netherlands

(While the world roots for Messi, Ronaldo's teammates carry him to a World Cup victory).

Okay Fergasun you have become my mortal enemy. 😂 If we go to a fourth WC final and lose, I may lose my mind.

I do like our chances, because I haven’t seen a team yet that doesn’t have weaknesses, but France looks primed to repeat. As long as they play Konate and Upa together, their defense is fine.

9 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Okay Fergasun you have become my mortal enemy. 😂 If we go to a fourth WC final and lose, I may lose my mind.

I do like our chances, because I haven’t seen a team yet that doesn’t have weaknesses, but France looks primed to repeat. As long as they play Konate and Upa together, their defense is fine.

The Oranje jinx started back in 74 :(. As for team France the problem is that we don't have a bench, they already lost 6 to injuries.