Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

World Cup 2022 Thread (Ole.... oleololeole...ole... ole...)

Fergasun

1 minute ago, abdcskins said:

Can Morocco win it all? That would probably be the largest upset in the history of international sports.

Every step you say... "No way".  But they have already written a super resume. Won a group with Belgium and Croatia, knocked out Spain and Portugal. 

They are a fun team to root for,  but at some point you will need to score a goal in a short period of time... I don't see how they can do that.  

8 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

What a silly take.  Dutch trash talked the whole time as well... did you not see the overhead videos off the field.  It was an emotional, passionate game for them all.  I think van Gaal made some comments about Netherlands winning in penalties. 

I hope you never watch CONMEBOL football....

yeah people acting like Argentinians got heated for no reason are being ridiculous.  Both teams were being extremely chippy and talking a ton of ****.  There was also a lot of grabbing and shoulder checking in that game.   A lot of balls rolling out of bounds included an entirely unnecessary, but allowed, shoulder to shoulder collisions.  I haven’t looked into the background of that game, but it seemed evident to me the sides didn’t care for each other.  

Can't tell if Fox is hyping up this game or wanting us to root for England.  They are talking about how "likable" they are... sure we are also english speaking media... we are in such a different generation between athletes as a whole who are not focussed on their individual teams and don't take the sport so personally.

6 minutes ago, Destino said:

What’s with the French and chicken symbols?  

That's the Gallic rooster. From wiki:

the association between the rooster and the Gauls/French was developed by the kings of France for the strong Christian symbol that the rooster represents: prior to being arrested, Jesus predicted that Peter would deny him three times before the rooster crowed on the following morning. At the rooster's crowing, Peter remembered Jesus's words. Its crowing at the dawning of each new morning made it a symbol of the daily victory of light over darkness and the triumph of good over evil. It is also an emblem of the Christian's attitude of watchfulness and readiness for the sudden return of Christ, the resurrection of the dead, and the final judgment of humankind. That is why, during the Renaissance, the rooster became a symbol of France as a Catholic state and became a popular Christian image on weather vanes, also known as weather****s

• Like 1

@Barry.Randolphe

I think it was a foul, but contact initiated outside of the box.  There was one on Saka near the top of the box (outside) not whistled.  Ref is letting them play a bit. 

England had Kane 1v1 on goal and Lloris snuffed it out.  We didn't see the corner where the ball was sitting around for a moment as well.  Thought those were going to be goals.  Better chances than a 25 m outside the box strike. 

Should have an exciting 2nd half...

• Like 1

England is getting a lot of chances but getting nothing out of it.  If they lose they’re definitely going to feel like they let this one slip away. You’ve got to make the most of what chances you get in this sport.

France meanwhile scored their lone goal from about a mile away.  

I don't like begging for PKs on something like that, but Upamecano looks like he could lose the game for France.  

Giroud is the type of player we need on America.

We got another 17 minutes of English pressure. 

England is right there... the game is not over.