Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

World Cup 2022 Thread (Ole.... oleololeole...ole... ole...)

Fergasun

That ref sucked.  After his crappy reffing in the US-Wales match he sits out a month and then somehow is awarded the 3rd place match.  Obviously not by merit, but because he is Qatari.  He blew that call that should've been a PK, and other calls as well.  I thought one of the Moroccan players was going to shove him, or worse. 

EU’s Qatar corruption scandal brings French links under scrutiny

Just as French President Emmanuel Macron is swooping into Qatar for the historic World Cup match between France and Morocco, the Gulf state’s corruption scandal in the European Parliament is making its way to Paris. 

The French head of state ignored calls from opposition lawmakers — including former presidential candidate and Greens MEP Yannick Jadot — to cancel his trip in the wake of the allegations that have already taken down European Parliament former Vice President Eva Kaili.

It’s no surprise that the Qatar corruption scandal at the heart of the EU has become part of the political conversation in France, as Paris has had a decades-long special — and sometimes controversial — relationship with Doha in areas including security, energy and culture.  

The Gulf state has also heavily invested in France and owns one of the country’s flagship football clubs: Paris Saint-Germain. 

An ongoing investigation by the French financial prosecutor’s office is looking into potential corruption charges related to Qatar being awarded the 2022 World Cup and the role played by high-ranking French officials.

The World Cup has proven controversial in France, including with left-leaning mayors who decided to boycott the game. In November, Alexis Corbière, a leading figure on the left, publicly denounced Qatar’s intense lobbying efforts to change his mind on the World Cup, which he labelled a “social, ecological and democratic aberration.” 

Nonetheless, in France’s Parliament, Qatar has emerged as a go-to destination for lawmakers, according to data analyzed by POLITICO’s Paris Influence. 

Click on the link for the full article

I’ll go 2-1 France.  They have more ways to win.  Can get it done even if Mbappe is quiet.  Argentina NEED a huge game from Messi.

Ill probably root for whichever team is losing lol.  Would love to see Messi get a cup though.

Edited by 86 Snyder

That’s a ****ing dive!!!

NOT A PENALTY KISS MY ASS WITH THIS BS

Great PK from Messi but, my god.  It’s like roughing the passer.  Make these guys earn it.  This is everything I hate about soccer on full display in the biggest moment.

Cool, hanging out by myself lol

• Haha 2

Go look at my comment back when this match was announced.  Argentina came out emotionally and with a purpose and France needed to absorb that emotion.  People don't realize how much Argentina wants to win this for Messi.  Even the announcers here... these boys love Messi.  Messi has supported them through all the disappointments since 2014, 2016... 

No one on US TV is buying the penalty is was a dive.  It was stupid of Dembele to challenge that saavy veteran Di Maria in the box and he forced the ref to make the call. 

France came out like they hsd no idea what to expect.

4 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Halftime show doesn’t even come close to admitting the pk was garbage.  At least Argentina got a real goal too.  I’m so pissed at this pathetic display I can’t even describe.

FIFA got their hands in this y’all.

Ridiculous... he clipped Dembele and everyone saw it.  Did Di Maria go down immediately?  Yes... but that doesn't mean he wasn't clipped. 

Let's see if France can match the level... so far not. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Go look at my comment back when this match was announced.  Argentina came out emotionally and with a purpose and France needed to absorb that emotion.  People don't realize how much Argentina wants to win this for Messi.  Even the announcers here... these boys love Messi.  Messi has supported them through all the disappointments since 2014, 2016... 

No one on US TV is buying the penalty is was a dive.  It was stupid of Dembele to challenge that saavy veteran Di Maria in the box and he forced the ref to make the call. 

France came out like they hsd no idea what to expect.

Ridiculous... he clipped Dembele and everyone saw it.  Did Di Maria go down immediately?  Yes... but that doesn't mean he wasn't clipped. 

Let's see if France can match the level... so far not. 

You have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about.  ZERO.  

• Thumb down 1

Just now, DCSaints_fan said:

With regard to the penalty it looked to me like the defender was beat clean.  That’s probably figured in why they called it

Looked like a stupid play to me.  In the past before VAR they probably would have forced a player to “earn it” to a much greater extent, but those days are gone.  Today, you just can’t commit a clear foul in the penalty area, no matter how soft.  

• Thumb down 1

They get so many PKs because they get in the box and have great ball control and the defenders wind up doing something stupid 

France isn’t losing because of a bad call. They’re losing because Argentina has dominated them from the start. France is only finally getting some solid possession time because they are backing off with a 2-0 lead

6 minutes ago, tshile said:

They get so many PKs because they get in the box and have great ball control and the defenders wind up doing something stupid 

France isn’t losing because of a bad call. They’re losing because Argentina has dominated them from the start. France is only finally getting some solid possession time because they are backing off with a 2-0 lead

No, thank god they got a real goal.

• Haha 1