Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Race: Demented WannaBe Dictator Trump vs President Biden

88Comrade2000

Just now, The Evil Genius said:

Anyone who says they wouldn't vote for Biden and instead by not voting Biden would help elect Trump in 2024 has lost my attention.

Congrats. 

The party is better off nominating someone younger and more vibrant.

I'm not worried about Trump. Trump beat a heavily flawed Democratic candidate.

9 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

He hasn't done much meaningful, and critics continue to hit him on foreign policy and the economy.

Biden has sneakily been one of the most impactful presidents in modern history, but he gets very little credit because (1) he is not skilled at self-promotion and (2) TFG gets way too much attention.

1. Passed the $1.2 trillion bipartisan infrastructure package to increase investment in the national network of bridges and roads, airports, public transport and national broadband internet, as well as waterways and energy systems.

2. Helped get more than 500 million life-saving COVID-19 vaccinations in the arms of Americans through the American Rescue Plan.

3. Stopped a 30-year streak of federal inaction on gun violence by signing the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act that created enhanced background checks, closed the “boyfriend” loophole and provided funds for youth mental health.

4. Made a $369 billion investment in climate change, the largest in American history, through the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022.

5. Ended the longest war in American history by pulling the troops out of Afghanistan. (the execution was poor, but the decision was right).

6. Provided $10,000 to $20,000 in college debt relief to Americans with loans who make under $125,000 a year. (Now being held up by the GOP and GOP-approved judges).

7. Cut child poverty in half through the American Rescue Plan. (Also not renewed by the GOP).

8. Capped prescription drug prices at $2,000 per year for seniors on Medicare through the Inflation Reduction Act.  Also bullied drug makers into capping the cost of insulin. 

9. Passed the COVID-19 relief deal that provided payments of up to $1,400 to many struggling U.S. citizens while supporting renters and increasing unemployment benefits.

10. Achieved historically low unemployment rates after the pandemic caused them to skyrocket.

11. Imposed a 15% minimum corporate tax on some of the largest corporations in the country, ensuring that they pay their fair share, as part of the historic Inflation Reduction Act.

12. Recommitted America to the global fight against climate change by rejoining the Paris Agreement.

13. Strengthened the NATO alliance in support of Ukraine after the Russian invasion by endorsing the inclusion of world military powers Sweden and Finland.

14. Authorized the assassination of the Al Qaeda terrorist Ayman al-Zawahiri, who became head of the organization after the death of Osama bin Laden.

15. Gave Medicare the power to negotiate prescription drug prices through the Inflation Reduction Act while also reducing government health spending.

16. Held Vladimir Putin accountable for his invasion of Ukraine by imposing stiff economic sanctions.

17. Boosted the budget of the Internal Revenue Service by nearly $80 billion to reduce tax evasion and increase revenue.

18. Created more jobs in one year (6.6 million) than any other president in U.S. history.

19. Reduced healthcare premiums under the Affordable Care Act by $800 a year as part of the American Rescue Plan.

20. Signed the PACT Act to address service members’ exposure to burn pits and other toxins.

21. Signed the CHIPS and Science Act to strengthen American manufacturing and innovation.

22. Reauthorized the Violence Against Women Act through 2027.

23. Halted all federal executions after the previous administration reinstated them after a 17-year freeze.

Has also had no significant scandals, which is a nice change of pace after 4 years of constant major scandals and countless things that SHOULD HAVE BEEN scandals but were totally drown out by the other ones. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

12 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Biden gets a C- for me. He did attempt to enact gun legislation but he's kind of hamstrung by Congress. Credit to him for repeatedly trying to ban assault rifles though. And to be specific "military grade weapons".

That said, he's clearly very old, oldest president ever, and his wits are not with him. I would not complain if he passed the torch off in 2024 because right now I'd be pretty conflicted in voting for him again. He hasn't done much meaningful, and critics continue to hit him on foreign policy and the economy.

You must not have been paying attention to the last session of the House. Of course nothing will be done this session with Republicans running the clown show and not putting forth meaningful legislation. It's been expected since November.

Vote Blue regardless and keep those Fascists out of government. If you don't vote, you certainly can't complain about what happens. Look to Wisconsin citizens who are voting in We the People and keeping out Fascists. 

• Thumb up 2

12 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

He hasn't done much meaningful, and critics continue to hit him on foreign policy and the economy

Hey, his critics will hit all opponents on the economy. Until their side is in power. Then it will miraculously become the greatest in history. 

But if you want something to credit him with?  How about how he's handling "the debt ceiling negotiations"?  

We all know that the Republicans were planning, even before the election, to hold the economy hostage. And that the big targets would be SS and Medicare. 

And Team Biden have already successfully separated those. And, apparently, successfully created a "pass your own desired budget, then we'll talk" condition. 

It might not seem like big major drama. But I think that lack of drama is the sign of some really well executed chess. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, Larry said:

And Team Biden have already successfully separated those. And, apparently, successfully created a "pass your own desired budget, then we'll talk" condition. 

@Larry  Agree with your entire post, but he isn't even asking them to pass a budget, he's just asking them to write one down.  

• Thumb up 3

32 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Anyone who says they wouldn't vote for Biden and instead by not voting Biden would help elect Trump in 2024 has lost my attention.

Congrats. 

Its really not a hard calculation and we have ****ing done it before. 

People be dumb. No other way to put it. 

• Thumb up 1

I think the take that we should have new nominee in the recent political era is bold.  There is a alleged incumbant advantage.  With voter trends, going with a younger Kamala (Biden would have to step away) or someone else would be a bold, risky, proposition.

One could argue that Biden was a stopgap vs. Trump.  Kamala is next up... but she's been given worse treatment all around than Hillary. I will have to see her debate performances to give her a fair shake.  Feels like her mannerisms and gaffes are amplified more in the press, but she is certainly getting Hillary treatment from the right. 

Honestly, I don't know who the Dems have that is a great communicator.  Newsome?  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Fergasun said:

I think the take that we should have new nominee in the recent political era is bold.  There is a alleged incumbant advantage.  With voter trends, going with a younger Kamala (Biden would have to step away) or someone else would be a bold, risky, proposition.

One could argue that Biden was a stopgap vs. Trump.  Kamala is next up... but she's been given worse treatment all around than Hillary. I will have to see her debate performances to give her a fair shake.  Feels like her mannerisms and gaffes are amplified more in the press, but she is certainly getting Hillary treatment from the right. 

Honestly, I don't know who the Dems have that is a great communicator.  Newsome?  

The only way Kamala becomes president is if Biden dies in office. She would never win a Democratic primary; whether Biden declines to run in 24 or in 28 after either Biden’s 2nd term or Trump’s 2nd term.

If Biden dies and she’s running for her own term in 24, I think Trump would beat her.

Trump’s best shot at victory in 24 is depressed Dem turnout. If inflation still raging and we’re in a recession; Biden’s going have a tough time winning re-election. Trump won’t be gaining new voters but the Dem vote could be depressed in that scenario, giving Trump the victory.

Kamala is not “up next.”  Biden will run in 2024 and likely win in the extremely likely scenario that the GOP rolls with Trump. 

After that, there is no heir apparent and the Dem bench is pretty deep without a clear frontrunner. 

Current known list is Kamala, Whitmer, Newsome.  Plus the newish governors that have plenty of time to build name recognition, Shapiro in PA, Jared Polis, Katie Hobbs, hell, JB Pritzker is both a gov and rich AF. 

Then you have the legislators, Warren, Warnock, Booker is still young, Hakeem Jeffries now has a national profile, Klocuchar I guess. Sherrod Brown has midwest appeal, Chris murphy is a guy I personally like a lot. 

I’m not even considering the attention magnet lane of Mayor Pete, AOC, probably Bernie until he actually dies, ****ing Andrew Yang even tho he’s a weirdo and totally unqualified. RFK Jr. obviously. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1