Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Demento Donny 45

88Comrade2000

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I think he's done an excellent job, both in terms of substantive accomplishments and in terms of returning the Presidency to normal after 4 years of a tire fire.  He sucks at self-promotion, but he's put a lot of points on the board. 

I'm not quite at "excellent" because after J6 and the years before it. I think he needed to be more of a hardass and he waited a little too long, giving the folks who would never work with him a chance. Even if he's somewhat of a meh speaker, the admin could have put his opponents and those trying to block everything he does in tougher situations by sucking the air out of any room the opposition entered. Whatever you want to call it. Hardball. Ruthless. Cutthroat. Whatever.

Whenever an opponent to his infrastructure bill also requested money for their state for a bridge, road, or anything that needed to be built. The admin should have held a presser thanking that Republican for requesting from BBB for that specific ask. Then on the project....say, a bridge. It should literally say in stone twice on both sides of that bridge. "Bridge Name - Builded/Upgraded by the President Joe Biden BBB, requested by (Republican House Member or Senator or Governor." 

Look at this **** right now. https://www.wfaa.com/article/money/business/will-texas-be-site-11-billion-national-semiconductor-technology-center/287-dfb29e31-2fe7-4874-a20e-d0eea1816eda

Ted Cruz online talking about wanting the National Semiconductor Technology Center?

“It's not complicated,” Cruz said. “The Biden White House is not terribly fond of the state of Texas. If it's simply a political decision, our chances are not nearly as good, but I'm hopeful. There is no economic engine on the planet like the state of Texas.”

He's right, it will be a political decision. It's not going to Texas if I were Biden. It would elsewhere, maybe more than one location in states that are socially in the 21st Century. Either way, the message from the admin would be, "We heard suppliers, customers, educational institutions, entrepreneurs, workforce representatives, and investors clearly. They want this project to be where the American engine is strong and where the talent would want to be to grow the industry, their careers, and families with top Health Care, Education, Economic opportunities, Infrastructure, and a Clean Environment concerns."

Shove it down their throats. ****.... yeah it's a jerk move. I'd move **** out of Texas and offer to relocate Federal Employees if possible.

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Dems punish their own for unrealistic expectations while GOPers stay in line even when they do nothing or even opposite of what they say they'll do.

The same people mad Obama didn't save the world are asking Biden to step down because he's too old are naive to what they are up against from the other side.

• Like 4

The federal government shouldn't give Texas another thing while the Fascists control the state government. I sincerely mean this. This state is so ****ed up that it will take decades to recover, certainly not in my remaining lifetime. I wish I could convince my daughter and granddaughter to move to Michigan. As much as I hate cold weather and snow, I hate Fascism more.

5 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

He's right, it will be a political decision. It's not going to Texas if I were Biden. It would elsewhere, maybe more than one location in states that are socially in the 21st Century. Either way, the message from the admin would be, "We heard suppliers, customers, educational institutions, entrepreneurs, workforce representatives, and investors clearly. They want this project to be where the American engine is strong and where the talent would want to be to grow the industry, their careers, and families with top Health Care, Education, Economic opportunities, Infrastructure, and a Clean Environment concerns."

Shove it down their throats. ****.... yeah it's a jerk move. I'd move **** out of Texas and offer to relocate Federal Employees if possible.

I don't WANT to give Texas anything, but giving them that center would be a great investment for the Dems. Take the center and put it in the reddest part of Texas, it will be blue in no time. That center will bring in people from all over the country, maybe even the world, to live in Texas. Diversity and culture will be added to the area along with houses filled with people who are open minded. Its proven that when people are introduced to different cultures, they're more accepting to them, lets mix it up and build a new, blue city in Texas. That should be more than enough to flip the state blue.

• Thumb up 1

21 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

That piece from September of '82 states that people were not happy with the job Reagan was doing which doesn't seem to be the overall pulse of the Tailgate in regards to Biden minus iceknuckle.

I did not intend to imply as much.  Just thought it was an interesting historical perspective.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EmirOfShmo said:

This is false equivalency, but I'm sure AntifaPuddinPop knows that.  As entertaining as it would be, I wouldn't want Mick Jagger in the Oval Office and I certainly wouldn't want Joe Biden trying to dance and sing Jumpin Jack Flash.  Not all 79s are created equal but that's okay.

That said, I'd still vote for Biden in 2024 if he's the guy the Democrats are running.  

• Thumb up 3

Between Bernie officially pledging his support of Biden yesterday and now this...

Fwiw I think a dance off between Trump and Biden would be fun.

We know Trumps moves...

Village People Dancing GIF by de chinezen

What about Brandon's? I think he'd better the SNL version. 😁

Joe Biden Happy Dance GIF by Saturday Night Live

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Haha 1

I saw a couple days ago Trump is not going to participate in primary debates.  Why is he so scared?  

The ads between Trump and DeSantis will be amusing.  "I endorsed this guy 5 years ago... now he is running against me.  How disloyal!" Why did you endorse him?

It's obvious to most people we need new political leadership or even parties....

• Like 1

• 88Comrade2000 changed the title to Election 2024 & The Nightmare Rematch: Presidential Race

Ron DeSantis is set to jump into the 2024 presidential fray in mid-May

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is poised to jump into the presidential fray as soon as mid-May, four GOP operatives familiar with the conversations told NBC News.

One of the sources emphasized that it would be an exploratory committee, with the official launch coming soon after.

Some of his backers are urging him to declare as early as May 11, to counter the creeping national narrative that former President Donald Trump is the overwhelming front-runner for the 2024 GOP nomination. Others in the governor’s orbit, however, have argued that that date would be too soon, according to two of those sources. All emphasized, however, that mid-May is the target.

DeSantis, long viewed as Trump’s strongest Republican challenger in 2024, has traveled far outside Florida in recent weeks to raise his profile. But some of DeSantis’ allies have started to question his readiness as his poll numbers have lagged and he has fell victim to a series of self-inflicted wounds.

An imminent launch would help alleviate the compounding anxiety among supporters over DeSantis taking too long to jump into the fray and risking missing his moment.

In a clear sign of movement on the campaign front, national political vendors descended on Tallahassee this week, vying for work on DeSantis’ forthcoming campaign. 

Click on the link for the full article