Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Race: Demented WannaBe Dictator Trump vs President Biden

88Comrade2000

11 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Dark Brandon walking out to a Dropkick Murphys riff.

Strong flex. 

I didn't think I could be this happy, I thought Barack was the "it" dude. 

But as an Irish woman, I love this man and I love that they welcomed him so warmly. 

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

The Dems are too timid to call Trump the Nazi that he is.

The young Dems would but they aren’t really in a position.

I keep telling people they're making a mistake, putting Trump' name on this problem. 

This is a Republican problem. 

Trump didn't pack the USSC with liars who swore under oath that they had no opinion on Roe. (Until they got the votes, and then they couldn't wait to explicitly do exactly that. 

That was the result of the entire Republican Party, taking those steps, for decades, for exactly that goal. 

And I'm not seeing any abortion bans failing to pass because some Republicans voted against them. 

Not seeing any book banning laws that fail to pass because of defections. 

Ron DeSantiss didn't have any trouble getting unanimous support for passing special laws literally to seize the ground under Florida's biggest economic engine, simply because a corporation objected to his Jim Crow law. 

How many Republicans have voted against making it a criminal felony for a doctor to do what a team of doctors, and the parents, agree is the best thing for a child?  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Montana GOP seeks to bar 3rd parties from key US Senate race

Libertarians lined up with Democrats on Friday against a proposal that would effectively block third party candidates from next year’s Montana U.S. Senate election, as Republicans try to consolidate opposition to incumbent Jon Tester in a race pivotal for control of the Senate.

Republicans who control the state Legislature want to alter the 2024 Senate primary in Montana so that only the top two candidates, no matter their party, advance to the November election. Past races for Tester’s seat were close enough that many Republicans blamed third party candidates for draining away potential GOP votes and giving the Democrat the victory.

Critics blasted the proposal during a Montana House committee meeting as a blatant attempt to rig the election.

“It will completely block us out,” said Montana Libertarian Party Chairman Sid Daoud. “It’s going to eliminate any third party or independent candidate from moving to the general election.”

Democrats hold a narrow 51-49 U.S. Senate majority. They will be defending 23 seats next year including in some states — Montana, West Virginia and Ohio – that have grown increasingly Republican. The GOP will be defending 10 seats and also trying to flip seats in swing states such as Nevada, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.

Republicans are eager to deny Tester a fourth term after GOP candidates dominated recent elections in Montana. Tester is the only Democrat now holding statewide political office.

The Republican sponsor of the proposed primary changes, state Sen. Greg Hertz, said during Friday’s hearing that he wanted to stop the GOP and Democrats alike from trying to manipulate elections by stealthily promoting third party candidates.

Emails included in the legislative file for the bill show that longtime Republican lobbyist Chuck Denowh helped shape the measure.

On March 26, Denowh suggested to Hertz, a second lawmaker and legislative staff that an early version of the measure be changed so that it would apply only to the U.S. Senate and would sunset after the 2024 election, the emails show. The bill was changed accordingly.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb down 1

George Santos’ campaign fund has net loss in 2023

Rep. George Santos’ (R-N.Y.) campaign finances are in a dire state, as the embattled Long Islander has had a net loss of $3,000 so far this year, according to Federal Election Commission filings.

Why it matters: Despite calls from within his own party to resign over his widespread deceptions during the last campaign, Santos hasn't ruled out running for a second term.

The New York Post reported Santos plans to announce his reelection bid as soon as Monday, even as he already faces one primary challenger.

Driving the news: Santos raised about $5,300 in the first three months of 2023 but refunded roughly $8,300 to donors during the same period, according to the filings.

Most of the $5,300 came in the form of small contributions from the GOP fundraising platform WinRed, with one additional $250 donation from a donor named Sacha Basin.

That left Santos with $25,000 cash on hand going into April. He reported no expenditures this year other than the refunds.

Santos also owes $715,000 from loans he reported making to his campaign last cycle — the subject of considerable public scrutiny and an FEC probe, given his questionable personal finances.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Sounds like 2 possibilities.

in person, Puddin Fingers isn't impressing folks. 

Cheeto Jesus spent years collecting dirt on his own party to blackmail moments like this. 

Look at Lindsey Graham. Beyond what we already know. He's not begging on TV for Trump supported issues because of anything other than he's being blackmailed. 

Also, think of this..... What is a Desantis moment where he said something that you really remember? I have no clue what he sounds like. Southern? Italian? Russian? 

• Thumb up 1