Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Demento Donny 45

88Comrade2000

GOP drops $1M on Manchin as Justice preps run

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/04/19/manchin-justice-gop-election-00092629

The GOP push to knock out Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) is on — 18 months before Election Day.

Republican group One Nation, which is aligned with Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, is unloading more than $1 million on a campaign hitting Manchin for supporting Democrats’ marquee party-line bill last year, according to details shared with POLITICO. Simultaneously, a strategist close to GOP Gov. Jim Justice said that the governor has made up his mind and will likely launch his Senate campaign before the end of the month.

Those two events will quickly animate the West Virginia race, which is key to the GOP’s path back to the upper chamber majority. Republicans are betting that Manchin’s deal with President Joe Biden and Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer on climate, health care and taxes will damage his prospects in his red state, while Justice’s recruitment boosts their chances of picking up the seat.

Manchin is bristling on a near-daily basis at Biden’s implementation of the so-called Inflation Reduction Act and keeps declining to support the president’s reelection. But Republicans are making clear that last year’s multibillion-dollar bill will be the centerpiece of their campaign to defeat him.

This is probably the GOP's best pickup chance.  Manchin is popular, but Justice is probably the only person that could beat him.  Manchin's best bet is to make the case that he's the most powerful Senator in America, which is arguably true, and note both the positive impacts that Biden's agenda has had in WV while also pointing to all the times he's personally halted more progressive plans. 

47 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

GOP drops $1M on Manchin as Justice preps run

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/04/19/manchin-justice-gop-election-00092629

This is probably the GOP's best pickup chance.  Manchin is popular, but Justice is probably the only person that could beat him.  Manchin's best bet is to make the case that he's the most powerful Senator in America, which is arguably true, and note both the positive impacts that Biden's agenda has had in WV while also pointing to all the times he's personally halted more progressive plans. 

Yea hes going to be hard to beat. Everything that happens politically basically plays into his hands. He can run either way and clearly he knows it. 

Republicans are alarmed about a Mastriano for Senate bid. Even Trump.

MAGA firebrand Doug Mastriano is inducing panic among GOP officials as he inches closer toward a 2024 bid for the Senate after a disastrous showing in his Pennsylvania governor run in 2022.

Among the concerned is none other than Donald Trump.

The former president has privately told Republicans he fears that Mastriano, a far-right state lawmaker in a critical battleground, would hurt him in a general election if they were on the top of the ticket together next year, according to three people familiar with the conversations.

Mastriano, who attempted to overturn the 2020 election and sought to outlaw abortion with no exceptions, lost Pennsylvania’s gubernatorial contest last November by 15 percentage points. His tease of a comeback bid has sparked alarm within GOP circles that he would cost the party any conceivable chance they had of unseating Sen. Bob Casey (D-Pa.) in 2024.

“Trump’s not dumb,” said a top GOP donor who was granted anonymity to speak frankly about private deliberations. “He knows Mastriano will hurt him in Pennsylvania.”

Trump has also relayed to Republicans, including at least one senator, that he would be reluctant to endorse Mastriano for Senate because of his concerns that he would pull him down, the three people said. That’s not the only reason he may stay out: A person close to Trump said it is unlikely he will be as involved in 2024 down-ballot races across the country since he is busy running himself. Trump is currently more interested in seeing who endorses him.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 1

DeSantis signed a six week abortion ban into law. That isn’t going to play well in a general election. Plus Trump is already destroying his electability with “meatball” and “pudding fingers” finding their marks. And he hasn’t even really gotten started with Ron drinking with underage girls, which you know is coming. 

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

DeSantis signed a six week abortion ban into law. That isn’t going to play well in a general election. Plus Trump is already destroying his electability with “meatball” and “pudding fingers” finding their marks. And he hasn’t even really gotten started with Ron drinking with underage girls, which you know is coming. 

Desantis isn't getting the nomination. It wouldn't shock me see him drop out before the voting begins.

1 minute ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Desantis isn't getting the nomination. It wouldn't shock me see him drop out before the voting begins.

I do wonder if he has anyone on his team saying "Dude, this is looking bad and you haven't even announced yet". I'm sure they have discussed waiting and waiting for Cheeto Jesus to do something worse than he's even done before. But that won't matter. 

24 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Trump is getting attacked for being too far left.  In fact he's getting criticized for having pro choice statements.  Which is ironic considering he stacked the Court with pro-lifers...

and all the abortions he forced mistresses to have....well....not that. Because that's not about changing laws.

Playbook: How to lose friends and alienate people, by Ron DeSantis

Yesterday, we got a surprising email from a reader who had his own DeSantis story to share. We at Playbook get all types of scoops, tips and announcements but for obvious reasons, this one caught our eye.

“I sat right next to DeSantis for two years on the Foreign Affairs Committee, and he never said a single word to me,” it read. “I was new to Congress, and he didn’t introduce himself or even say hello.”

It was from former Rep. DAVID TROTT (R-Mich.). We called him up to talk about it.

“I go to my first [House Foreign Affairs Committee] hearing early, and DeSantis showed up right at the gavel time and didn’t say hello or introduce himself,” Trott said. “And then the next hearing, the same thing happened. I think the third time it happened, I thought, ‘Oh, this guy’s not ever going to say hello to me.’”

Eventually, Trott took the initiative and introduced himself to DeSantis. And he could see that the Florida congressman had a certain something.

“He’s got an ability to size up the electorate and figure out what issues and hot buttons he needs to press to advance his political ambitions,” Trott said. “There’s no question there’s a talent there. No taking that away from him.”

But equally apparent to Trott was what DeSantis was missing.

“If you’re going to go into politics, kind of a fundamental skill that you should have is likability. I don’t think [he] has that,” Trott said. “He never developed any relationships with other members that I know of. You’d never see him talking on the floor with other people or palling around. He’s just a very arrogant guy, very focused on Ron DeSantis.”

Given that, Trott isn’t surprised that so many members of the Florida delegation are opting to endorse Trump over their own governor.

Click on the link for more

• Haha 1

You stopped before the money quote. 

He wasn’t really liked when he was in Congress. And now it’s coming home to, you know, prove out as some of the Florida delegation endorsed Trump and and some of the donors, you know, think he’s kind of awkward in terms of how he interacts with them,” Trott said. “If his pre-presidential campaign was playing out differently, then I’d say, ‘Well, maybe he just didn’t like me.’ But I think there’s something more at work here.”

In short, said Trott, “I think he’s an asshole. I don’t think he cares about people.”

Maybe this should have been said before he made it to Congress and Governor. Oh, who cares.  "Go team!"

I am so effing cynical regards to this.  Everyone on the red team was fine to close their mouth about this because, "As long as he is a red a-hole..."   But he shouldn't be President?  So what is so special about these political people?  Ambition? Yale and Harvard? 

Afroman Files Official Paperwork To Run For President Of The United States

Afroman is taking his political standing to a higher level, figuratively and literally.

According to TMZ, the rapper has taken the next step in his quest to become the next President of the United States, which he plans to campaign for leading up to the 2024 Presidential election. Documents obtained by the outlet indicate that the 48-year-old rapper filed the official paperwork required to run for office on Tuesday (April 18).

In order for a candidate to have their name on a Presidential election ballot, they are required to file with the Federal Elections Commission, which is evidence of Afroman’s intent to see his latest goal all the way through.

According to the FEC filing, the California native’s presidential committee is named “Joseph Afroman Foreman for President,” and he will be running as an Independent. Aside from efforts to legalize marijuana nationally and Criminal Justice Reform, Afroman has yet to disclose his views on any particular policies or to introduce any initiatives he will be pushing.

Click on the link for the full article

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1