Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Demento Farty 45

88Comrade2000

14 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Hogan's handpicked successor lost handily to a wackadoo in the 2022 Gov primary. 

And while there are never Trumper moderates who are willing to vote for Biden at the top of the ticket and Larry as well, I don;t think it's going to carry much water in a Presidential election. 

2 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

I never said I was undecided I'm a moderate and apparently that's bad now.

No it's not.  

2 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

apparently I should go all out for Joe to protect our democracy 😂

Yes.  You should.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

21 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Hogan's handpicked successor lost handily to a wackadoo in the 2022 Gov primary. 

Most of the western and eastern shore do not like Larry anymore, call him a RINO. It will be interesting in Nov if he can win those voters back with the thought of winning the senate and if Dems across the isle will not listen to the lies that AA and Trone have put out there about Larry. 

1 hour ago, Fergasun said:

Trump hasn't had to answer to any of his garbage -- Jan 6, Stealing national secrets in any debate.  Anyone saying "we don't need debates" is a moron.... we need a clear contrast for people still undecided.

Yeah.  We gotta fight for the "people who are undecided, but will watch the debate and decide then" demographic.  

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Oh, there'll be conditions.  

Guarantee you that neither the moderator, nor the other candidate, will be permitted to point out that the candidate just lied his ass off, for example.  Or ask follow-up questions.  

• Like 1

I see that they will be debating without an audience.  Nobody for Trump to try and play to.  

After the debate Trump will probably claim there were HUGE numbers of people in the audience cheering for him.

I hope that whoever the moderator is keeps a tight rein and doesn’t allow Trump to continuously interrupt and talk over Biden.

• Thumb up 2

2 minutes ago, China said:

I hope that whoever the moderator is keeps a tight rein and doesn’t allow Trump to continuously interrupt and talk over Biden.

I'm not confident CNN or ABC has anyone on their rosters capable of keeping Trump in check. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, China said:

I see that they will be debating without an audience.  Nobody for Trump to try and play to.  

After the debate Trump will probably claim there were HUGE numbers of people in the audience cheering for him.

YUGE.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

I'm not confident CNN or ABC has anyone on their rosters capable of keeping Trump in check. 

Nope. and he's going to complain about whoever the moderators are unless its Tucker and Jeanie. Saying it's a fraud and everyone is against him regardless of he shows up or not.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, China said:

Good. Granted, I don't think the audiences tend to be as big of a deal during the one on one POTUS debates, but having them at the primary debates is so annoying.

• Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Until he says he has to attend his sons graduation...

He'll still trot out the "gag order" excuse lol..."Sorry...gag order. Can't debate. Won't let me talk, Biden's DoJ took away my freedom of speech and now I can't defend myself against crooked Joe Biden's lies and attacks, it's shameful, really. MAGA!!"

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, @DCGoldPants said:

I'd like to hear more of a breakdown of what they got wrong here, and how they think they aren't wrong in other states/elections.

There's a youtube channel that constantly goes into the polling data more thoroughly and in different ways than just the surface skimming that most of news media does. It's called Let's Talk Politics or something like that there lol...Some of it can be a bit dull unless you're a political or statistics wonk (or both), but overall it gives a different perspective than most other outlets, and backs up it's opinions and conclusions pretty well.

Biden:

“Donald Trump lost two debates to me in 2020, and since then he hasn’t shown up for a debate. Now he is acting like he wants to debate me again. Well, make my day, pal. I’ll even do it twice,” Biden said in the video released Wednesday that referenced the weekly break in Trump’s New York criminal trial. “So let’s pick the dates, Donald. I hear you’re free on Wednesdays.”

image.gif.d86e71f7d513b4a1f4519c2d1b418ba8.gif

• Haha 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Larry said:

Oh, there'll be conditions.  

Guarantee you that neither the moderator, nor the other candidate, will be permitted to point out that the candidate just lied his ass off, for example.  Or ask follow-up questions.  

I think they meant Trump's boasting means he will have no choice but to accept whatever conditions Biden has...not that Trump will set out conditions for him to agree to a debate.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Re:polling

This is some what dishonest as a commentary on polling in general. 

First, none of the big national organizations were involved in the polling, and the same processes aren't in place.  For example, Goucher college did one of the polls and decided on likely voters simply by asking people if they attended to vote.  That's not how it's done in big national polls for things like President by the more credible polling organizations.  They'll look at things like voting history.

Second, that includes polls going back more than a month.  The more recent polls had her winning (though not at the margin she did).  Again, for President there will be a number of polls that are done the week and days before the election that you don't have to go back a month or so to get a good average from multiple polling organizations.

Thirdly, all the polls show %'s of voters that were undecided that we don't see close to an election for something like President.  For example, the most recent poll at 538 had her up 5% and 27% of people undecided.  If you go back to March when he was up 7%, 34% of voters were saying they were undecided.

Anybody that was predicting a victory for him based on the polls was pretty ignorant.  Anybody that actually looks at the polls and has a brain in their head doesn't put much stock in a poll where >20% of people are saying they are undecided.  The polling in this specific case was pretty useless and that was clear based on the polls where there were large numbers of undecided voters.  Anybody thinks the average of the polls in that case being "wrong" tells you anything about polling done for something like the Presidential election is ignorant or an idiot.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

All for debates but my money is on Donny boy backing out w/ his tail between his legs.

A closed environment where your mic can get shut off so he can't freely spew his lies? Yeah he aint showing up for that. He'd get crushed worse than normal.

That Biden line about keeping his plane was savage tho.

burn-meme.jpg.e93a37576fb13d91318c22c8c5115aa7.jpg

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3