Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders @ The Eagles ~ Die Eagles Die!!!

zCommander

I don't expect us to roll over, it's not ron Rivera's teams m.o. mid-season but we don't have the team that the eagles have, our defense is playing great, we have some serious offensive weapons but the gargantuan holes on the offensive line and at the most important position in all of professional sports is just too much of a disadvantage to overcome against great teams.

• Like 1

I heard on Galdi's podcast this morning both Larsen and Norwell were questionable.

If Larsen can't go, and they have to play Martin at center, the only reason the Eagles wouldn't repeat the 9 sacks they had in the last game is because TH probably slips out of 2 or 3 of them with his mobility.  Though, even the great Moxie himself might not even have the opportunity to do it.

If Larsen AND Norwell are out, honestly, they should punt on first down.  They probably would get 4 or 5 blocked, but it's more likely they could get a muffed punt and then kick a FG (again, on first down) than they could gain positive yards with the offense.  

Pick your favorite QB, and put them behind a line of Leno, probably Charles, Martin, Turner and Lucas, and they are going to look like ... well, like Wentz did the last time the OL looked like that.  

I wonder if Norwell is out if they might at least try Cosmi (assuming his had is healthy enough to play) at Guard and Lucas at RT, just because they are out of bodies.

And almost regardless of whether both Norwell and Larsen start the game, they playing through things, and the Eagles interior DL is going to make them pay for it

This is a BAD BAD BAD time to have MORE interior OL issues.  

Hell, I think we might see Howell tonight if that plays out.  Not because we want to, but because Heinicke won't make it through the game.  Which I wouldn't blame him for.  

This could get massively ugly.

Also, if there are interior OL issues, look for even more runs on early downs.  Particularly from WR's towards the outside.  Turner will (smartly) not want to expose TH to the type of pressure Wentz faced in the last game.  They will run the ball more.  They will probably fail, but they will try.

Aye Aye Aye.

I-have-a-bad-feeling-about-this GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I have a very weird feeling about this game.  It's either we win a close game with a last second field goal or it's Monday Night Massacre 2.0.  It's one of those weird feelings where I can see us getting destroyed but would not be surprised with a win.  

I have both Goedert and AJ Brown on my team in my money FF league and Brian Robinson on my bench.  So we can expect BRob to have a great night, Goedert and Brown to do next to nothing while Sanders and DeVonta Smith go off and blow out the Skins.  Pretty sure im in a lose lose situation.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

I have both Goedert and AJ Brown on my team in my money FF league and Brian Robinson on my bench.  So we can expect BRob to have a great night, Goedert and Brown to do next to nothing while Sanders and DeVonta Smith go off and blow out the Skins.  Pretty sure im in a lose lose situation.

I came here to post similar and predict BRob has his breakout game 150 yds 2 touches. I HAD Brian Robinson on my sole season long fantasy team and finally cut him loose. I am overloaded with Manders with Curtis and Jahan already. I too am going to regret this move but covered by being a Manders fan.

Edited by RandyHolt

On 11/14/2022 at 5:54 PM, Idaho fan said:

Wow.....you were damn close dude. Do this next week please.