Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

Just now, NickyJ said:

Harris and co. are probably too professional to do it, but I'd call Dan and tell him the offer just dropped by $100 million.

I thought about that.  Wonder if you could?  I gather @Voice_of_Reason would know.  I assume you are stuck with riding with your official offer if its submitted but not sure.

Barstool Nate likes saying this stuff on air -- that Dan's swan song will be just like everything else he does as the owner -- difficult, clunky and a headache to the end.

If Bezos is truly out, it's a good thing IMO.  This team needs an owner with sports experience to come in and turn this franchise around.  The stadium deal will eventually get done and it will still be a good one.

Edited by NoVaSkins21
  • Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I’m good! I have a full car load of Costco. They carry Bulleit Rye bourbon in the California ones. 

it appears I was just completely epically wrong. 

Don't start drinking the bourbon until you get home.

• Haha 6

27 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

the wildcard in all of this is Dan is stupid and at times enacts stupid strategies that he assumes will work because he thinks others are even more stupid than him --

This is the scary part!  For the very first time - Dan needs to do absolutely “the opposite” of his instincts.

After suffering 23+ years of his ineptitude, and bad decisions - Washington fans deserve “one magic loogie” of the correct decision by Dan.

8 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

Teddy Schleifer’s supposedly getting ready to join Hoffman’s show on Team 980. 

Thanks, am listening, funny Hoffman been going over some of the same stuff discussed here -- not that we were breaking new ground but just running with potential logical scenarios including maybe Bezos didn't want to deal with a douche seller like Dan who started the process badmouthing a potential bid and or so the finances and billionares don't get rich by ignoring value. 

Schefler on the radio just now, doesn't rule out Bezos but as of right now Bezos doesn't plan to bid, and he's betting he doesn't bid but you never know.  He doesn't know the reason why.  If he had a guess its something in the soup involving Bezos isn't really into the Commanders specifically. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Amazon founder Jeff Bezos will not bid on the Washington Commanders, a source with knowledge of the situation told Front Office Sports.

Bezos hired the sports banking firm Allen & Company to explore a bid for the team in February, and reps for the firm have monitored the bidding process in the weeks since. Ultimately, the world’s third-richest person decided not to bid on the Commanders. 

The revelation leaves the group headed by Philadelphia 76ers and New Jersey Devils owner Josh Harris as the only current contender for the team. 

FOS previously reported that Harris — who counts billionaire industrial firm co-founder Mitchell Rales and NBA legend Magic Johnson as part of his group — is the “only” legitimate bidder for the Commanders, with an offer between $5.5 billion and $6 billion. 

Amid multiple investigations and pressure applied by fellow NFL owners, Commanders owner Dan Snyder announced in November that the team was “exploring all options,” including a full franchise sale. Snyder purchased the Commanders for  $800 million in 1999. 

There’s a feeling within Bezos’ camp that he has been used to push the bidding by others in the franchise to a higher level, the source said. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

Don't start drinking the bourbon until you get home.

Technically it would take longer than my drive to reach my blood! 😂 

I’m still not convinced it’s over but obviously this puck news guy is very plugged in so I am assuming for purposes of this thread that I was completely wrong but in my mind I still think Bezoa buys it at the 11th hour. 

• Haha 2

Perez kicking in within even more emphasis that Bezos is out IMO is big.  He arguably has broken more stories on this than anyone.  But more on point, he's been the most stubborn making the point that Bezos has a shot for months, he hasn't wavered on that.

Yeah you never know.  But I think good chance Bezos isn't bidding.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5

30 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I’m good! I have a full car load of Costco. They carry Bulleit Rye bourbon in the California ones. 

it appears I was just completely epically wrong. 

The ability to own your incorrectness is a good quality.

An even better quality would be the ability  to apologize for the posts where you acted like such a condescending, self-sure, self-aggrandizing dick in the process of being incorrect. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Second source now. You can all start officially pointing fingers and laughing now! 😂 

No laughing from me. You were a bit over the top aggressive with your predictions, but you put on your big-boy pants and admitted that you were wrong. I like that.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Conn said:

The ability to own your incorrectness is a good quality.

An even better quality would be the ability  to apologize for the posts where you acted like such a condescending, self-sure, self-aggrandizing dick in the process of being incorrect. 

I was wrong and I own it. I have been right far more often on this board. I will have to take it down a few notches over the next decade but I will rebuild my streak of being right early and come back stronger!  😂 

I hope the new owners don’t get rid of this board. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2