Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

10 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Nah. It’s heading for the owners to vote him out and a protracted legal battle.

Harris will pull his bid. Bezos will either not bid or only bid between 5 - 5.5 billion. Dan will pout and say the team is off the market until he gets a solid bid for the amount he wants. Nfl owners will vote him out and the legal battle plays out.

This is the way this ends because it’s Dan Snyder.

yup, called this **** 200 pages ago.  You all have wasted a lot of time, hot air and virtual paper on this crap.

• Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

Snyder being Snyder is going to end badly for him.

If Harris pulls bid there's a scenario where he ends up getting the team for less.

Because Dan will have no bidders.

And a ton of debt and a pissed off group of owners.

Dan will have to go crawling back.

Bezos... not happening IMO. He's waiting for Seattle. 

Edited by Hooper
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

yup, called this **** 200 pages ago.  You all have wasted a lot of time, hot air and virtual paper on this crap.

I can see why people would think this because...its Snyder. I just don't see it getting to the point of the owners voting him out. Dan has way too much to lose if he lets it get to that point. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, shemp nixon said:

And then send him a flat screen, compliments of Laverneous Coles.

Harris should also send one vat of vanilla ice cream to Snyder's office every hour on the hour until he sells. He could throw in some expired peanuts from Braniff Airlines while he's at it. If that doesn't work, Harris should have spoiled milk poured on Snyder's carpet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

I can see why people would think this because...its Snyder. I just don't see it getting to the point of the owners voting him out. Dan has way too much to lose if he lets it get to that point. 

Losing has never stopped Dan before it's in his DNA. Hoping it goes down this way.  

4 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

Losing has never stopped Dan before it's in his DNA. Hoping it goes down this way.  

No one knows how to lose a negotiation and blow leverage like Dan.

The only thing that works to his advantage on that front is he's established himself as the combination of being stupid, petty and self-destructive that it could psych some in a negotation that hey maybe Dan would do something that crazy and on rare occasions that may work in his favor but it usually blows up on him i gather.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Still seeing people who think the hold up is Snyder. Yes, he is on board here and is the NFL's tool but the primary issue is that the NFL doesn't want the team sold at a discount. A good amount of the power players here know that while Dan almost certainly doesn't have any dirt, there is dirt to be had. Remember, the fraud Dan has been accused of would take assistance of some of those power players. Selling at a perceived discount right now in the face of WWE selling at a premium is not a good signal to future potential buyers. You also have the situation in Phoenix while not yet a major cloud near what's going on in DC, it fits the pattern of the NFL bullying owners (being bullied is not imply you are innocent as bullies are often bullied for instance) going on in the NFL since the late 80s. Gambling is a big reason to expect growing future cash flows but bad books and accusations of fixing (especially by people you may not really control) not things conducive to good relations with the gaming industry. Selling at a discount would signal questionable bookkeeping. It is also just bad when your neighbor has to sell below what you believe is market.

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

Would be pretty funny to see Magic Johnson in our draft war room on draft night...high fiving everyone after our pick. 

I know you’re joking, but even if it happened today the new ownership group wouldn’t officially own the team until after  the approval at the next owner’s meeting, then the actual transaction happening—so we’ll have to wait on that! 

• Thumb up 1

From those covering this, I don't get the vibe that the NFL is concerned about the team selling at a discount.  Most covering this have said from what they gathered it will be an overpay.  Question is how much an overpay.  Of course the NFL would love the biggest overpay as possible.  But some suspect if this drags on the NFL will ultimately put pressure on Dan to move this forward, they want Dan gone.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

The Washington Commanders bidding process has been impacted by something outside owner Dan Snyder’s control: the Federal Reserve.

The cost of borrowing has gone up as the Fed attempts to tamp inflation with rate hikes — and the increased cost of borrowing has become an added barrier for those interested in the Commanders, two sources told Front Office Sports. 

“It’s a very big deal,” one banker familiar with the process told FOS. “A lot of rich people are saying, ‘I don’t have that kind of cash, and I don’t want to move my assets out of where I have them.’ It’s not like billionaires keep piles of cash around.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chris 44 said:

I think voting him out is the nuclear option that the NFL doesn't want to do. There will be more intense persuasion before that happens.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

I wish we could just do like the pope where there's just a signal at the top of ES that I can just go there, see white smoke or not, and know if it's happy time or the same quarter century we've had.

When that sexy, sleek, modern, wealthy, man's man Jeff Bezos swipes the team away from the grubby, bony, poverty-stricken fingers of Josh Harris and his despondent entourage of lower-middle class billionaires, look to the west and you shall see a climbing pillar of fire, smoking into the heavens for all to see. It will be Jeff Bezos, flying his magnificent metal steed triumphantly to the moon and beyond, proclaiming that SoCalSkins and his righteous brotherhood foretold the prophecies with accuracy and decorum. You need no better symbol than that.

• Haha 14

2 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Harris should also send one vat of vanilla ice cream to Snyder's office every hour on the hour until he sells. He could throw in some expired peanuts from Braniff Airlines while he's at it. If that doesn't work, Harris should have spoiled milk poured on Snyder's carpet.

I see no problem with any of these these things.  

46 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

When that sexy, sleek, modern, wealthy, man's man Jeff Bezos swipes the team away from the grubby, bony, poverty-stricken fingers of Josh Harris and his despondent entourage of lower-middle class billionaires, look to the west and you shall see a climbing pillar of fire, smoking into the heavens for all to see. It will be Jeff Bezos, flying his magnificent metal steed triumphantly to the moon and beyond, proclaiming that SoCalSkins and his righteous brotherhood foretold the prophecies with accuracy and decorum. You need no better symbol than that.

Maybe he will even put Dan's face on that..."rocketship" as he sends it to the moon.

3 hours ago, stoshuaj said:

I've wasted nothing, as I've committed to following my son's team until the evil,  diminutive despot sells. I'm done with Snyder et al and will resume my fandom once the franchise changes hands. I will, however, peruse these forums; I will miss you all terribly if I don't check in to the organized chaos every once in awhile. 😁

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Drfustercluck said:

, as I've committed to following my son's team  😁

you wouldn’t commit to follow your son’s team if Dan didn’t own the team?  I guess we’ve finally found the one positive of Dan’s ownership.

20 minutes ago, Lovi said:

Maybe he will even put Dan's face on that..."rocketship" as he sends it to the moon.

I wouldn't tarnish it with such an eyesore. I want to see the face of Mr. Clean, Mean, Trillionaire Team Buying Machine both inside and outside the rocket ship.

Edited by NickyJ