Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

I read something interesting today that might take Bezo's out of the bidding, if he was actually going to bid in the first place. Apparently he lost something like 57 Billion Dollars because the bottom dropped out of the Amazon stock. That's a LOT of $$$ even for someone with Bezos' wealth. Perhaps he may be a little reluctant to pull the trigger knowing that a stadium still needs to be built along with a lot of renovations to the current facilities. But then again, What do I know? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, VaK9Trainer said:

I read something interesting today that might take Bezo's out of the bidding, if he was actually going to bid in the first place. Apparently he lost something like 57 Billion Dollars because the bottom dropped out of the Amazon stock. That's a LOT of $$$ even for someone with Bezos' wealth. Perhaps he may be a little reluctant to pull the trigger knowing that a stadium still needs to be built along with a lot of renovations to the current facilities. But then again, What do I know? 

Stop the fake news. SCS said it’s a 🔐 lock. Team is Bezos’s. Heck team maybe already sold and they are just waiting to pop the news.

SCS is the last and only word. He’s in tune to Dan and Jeff. Heck, he probably brokering the deal himself.

• Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

@Redwards you may want to edit your post, it's going against the rules and the profanity filter I believe :)

I believe that yes, this team for many "interested" was not looking that great.

Harris isn't meeting 6 Billion, and Bezos seems to be cold about it too. So Dan is not gonna make as much money as he first hoped to.

Dan will never cease to amaze me. Each time I'm expecting him to fail big time about everything he does. And he always ends up doing it even worse than envisioned.

Done.  

Yikes.  

I actually was wondering about that.  Thanks for the heads-up!

On 4/2/2023 at 5:16 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

Not sure about the Skins component but he might have said that, just don't recall.  But yeah Sheehan was one who strongly opposed changing the name.  But outside of that I don't recall him being passionate about anything except not liking Red Wolves, saying he doesn't care overll about the branding, and now saying he wants a rebrand but without a specific name that he's pushing.

@Skinsinparadise Sheehan reiterated all of this again in his podcast today (April 7).  

Check his  opening comments

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-kevin-sheehan-show/id1435515037?i=1000607912640

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I like Hawaiian Punch, the red coke can, ketchup, and red cars.  I had a pair of red pants once.  But it was the 80’s, so maybe I can be forgiven for that mortal sin.  

Don’t hate on Red.  It’s a great color.  :P 

"I like Hawaiian Punch..."

Boy that brings back memories.

Most of you are too young to remember this but before everything went to plastic they used to sell big 46 oz steel cans of HP. 

On a hot day I could drink a whole can in one sitting. Like drinking pure sugar. Most likely it was a big factor in why I'm now a type 2 diabetic.

image.png.5ec6bbd11d920d568103dd33795f7f01.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 7
  • Thumb up 1

7 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:
15 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I like Hawaiian Punch,  ...

Expand  

Most of you are too young to remember this but before everything went to plastic they used to sell big 46 oz steel cans of HP. 

On a hot day I could drink a whole can in one sitting.

I do remember seeing those cans in my babysitters' refrigerator as a three and four year old and thinking, ..." That stuff is delicious ".

Edited by Spearfeather
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

On a hot day I could drink a whole can in one sitting. Like drinking pure sugar. Most likely it was a big factor in why I'm now a type 2 diabetic.

image.png.5ec6bbd11d920d568103dd33795f7f01.png

Nothing hit better on a hot summer day than popping both sides of this cold metal goblet. Drinking straight from it. I could still taste it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FrFan said:

The Glazers could teach Dan a thing or two about taking money from a team you own

"Since the Glazers’ arrival, [Manchester] United has in effect paid out somewhere in the region of $1.2 billion for the privilege of being owned by the family: a billion or so in interest payments, and a couple of hundred million in dividends, the majority of them paid to the Glazers themselves."

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/19/sports/soccer/manchester-united-glazers.html

• Like 2

7 hours ago, FrFan said:

I listened to this.  @spjunkies you were depressed the other day about pessimism about Bezos.  I'd listen to that podcast.  That was the most optimistic about Bezos buying the team.

That dude from punk.com who wrote the article about Bezos that was posted here last week -- was a bit wishy washy when he was on Finlay's show, but with Standig he bet that Bezos ends up with the team.  He wasn't reporting that, he didn't hear that, but it was his gut knowing Bezos some.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I listened to this.  @spjunkies you were depressed the other day about pessimism about Bezos.  I'd listen to that podcast.  That was the most optimistic about Bezos buying the team.

That dude from punk.com who wrote the article about Bezos that was posted here last week -- was a bit wishy washy when he was on Finlay's show, but with Standig he bet that Bezos ends up with the team.  He wasn't reporting that, he didn't hear that, but it was his gut knowing Bezos some.

It was more positive than that. He said if he could bet on Bezos owning this team he would. 

It’s a done deal. 

1 hour ago, Andre The Giant said:

A few quotes from the article for the lazy and for those of you still recovering from your weekly Friday evening into early morning unfettered debauchery hangovers (Aaah those were the days)...

"

Recently, team president Jason Wright expressed a belief that a new owner won’t rebrand the team, because none of the groups with whom he has met have mentioned the possibility. The fact that prospective owners haven’t shared such plans with Wright doesn’t mean much. After all, he could be one of the first employees to go once a new owner takes over. (Yay!)

If it’s ever going to happen, it makes sense to do it before the new name takes full root. And the new owner will get no complaints at all from a fan base that will be so euphoric, at least in the first decade or so, to be done with Snyder that they’ll accept any and all changes that could be made, up to and including playing the games at a middle-school field and changing the name of the team to the Washington Atomic Wedgies.

Coming soon to a stadium near you...

image.png.e073c6d78332cb583bfc777345afe794.png

Working with Major Tuddy will be our new mascot "Shotgun" a huge wildly aggressive barely controllable wolf.

After every touchdown Shotgun will "playfully" chase a terrified Tuddy around the stadium biting him repeatedly in his padded rump to the complete delight of the howling fans.

Immediately after every home victory a short, pudgy, slightly disheveled middle age man wearing a Snyder mask and glasses named "Mister Dan" will be released onto the field only to be chased and bitten in his lightly padded rump by a growling and drooling Shotgun. 

Children and adults are encouraged to bring garbage bags filled with rotten tomatoes and old cabbage to the game so they can  join in on the post-win festivities by pelting "Mister Dan" unmercifully.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Like a large dog during an unguarded thanksgiving dinner, Rebranding is on the table baby!

istockphoto-147273492-612x612.jpg.423917bfaeebba93a102de2d8e9506da.jpg

There are only so many plays in the "pump up the fans" playbook. It would be madness for new ownership not to be considering a full rebrand as one of the cards up their sleeves. I still don't think its inevitable or anything, but the pressure from the fanbase will swell once we have a singular target and the idea will have to at least be strongly considered.

I'd also suspect that some of the potential owners have already given it some thought.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

26 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

It was more positive than that. He said if he could bet on Bezos owning this team he would. 

It’s a done deal. 

I said he was optimistic of Bezos ending up with the team.

The done deal comedy bluster stuff is your drill not that dudes.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

7 hours ago, NYSkins21 said:

Nothing hit better on a hot summer day than popping both sides of this cold metal goblet. Drinking straight from it. I could still taste it!

If I may....

Oh Yeah Surprise GIF

Straight from the pitcher!

Edited by lovemaskins
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

A few quotes from the article for the lazy and for those of you still recovering from your weekly Friday evening into early morning unfettered debauchery hangovers (Aaah those were the days)...

"

Recently, team president Jason Wright expressed a belief that a new owner won’t rebrand the team, because none of the groups with whom he has met have mentioned the possibility. The fact that prospective owners haven’t shared such plans with Wright doesn’t mean much. After all, he could be one of the first employees to go once a new owner takes over. (Yay!)

If it’s ever going to happen, it makes sense to do it before the new name takes full root. And the new owner will get no complaints at all from a fan base that will be so euphoric, at least in the first decade or so, to be done with Snyder that they’ll accept any and all changes that could be made, up to and including playing the games at a middle-school field and changing the name of the team to the Washington Atomic Wedgies.

Coming soon to a stadium near you...

image.png.e073c6d78332cb583bfc777345afe794.png

Working with Major Tuddy will be our new mascot "Shotgun" a huge wildly aggressive barely controllable wolf.

After every touchdown Shotgun will "playfully" chase a terrified Tuddy around the stadium biting him repeatedly in his padded rump to the complete delight of the howling fans.

Immediately after every home victory a short, pudgy, slightly disheveled middle age man wearing a Snyder mask and glasses named "Mister Dan" will be released onto the field only to be chased and bitten in his lightly padded rump by a growling and drooling Shotgun. 

Children and adults are encouraged to bring garbage bags filled with rotten tomatoes and old cabbage to the game so they can  join in on the post-win festivities by pelting "Mister Dan" unmercifully.

326E2448-866F-41DC-9214-EA5713316180.gif

• Haha 1