Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

And given those 3 points, of which #1 I think is a "fact" and #'s 2 and 3 are "solid theories" I think the sale is happening, and further, I have no interest really in hearing the office gossip which is probably not true.  And if it does turn out to be true, that's probably more due to luck than actual information.  

Then you are on the wrong thread.  :ols:  But this is the one place where you can clink on to the most recent Rick Snider video.

As for the buyer can be someone totally unexpected, to your point, really only one dude is emphasizing that point hard, that's Keim.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

When do the first payments on Dan's debt start coming due? Maybe the timing of those payments will give a sense as to when we can expect a sale - especially if he doesn't have the cash to service his loans and needs to unload the team before he is in danger of default.

With a (hopefully) impending change of ownership and my 32nd birthday approaching, it re-dawned on me that I don't know what this particular franchise looks like as a functioning and successful organization in the contemporary NFL. Its current "dark age" - which at this point has outlasted the previous one between the end of World War II and the beginning of the Allen/Gibbs years -  we have never seen this team be anything more than on the top fringes of mediocrity. I cannot envision what this franchise looks like as a winner without evoking images of an NFL that doesn't exist anymore and all of those images are from a time before I was born or when I was too young to make concrete memories. But I do know that this town, as understated and emotionally withdrawn it may be on the surface, will absolutely explode if you give us something to latch onto. It went bananas when the Capitals finally broke their championship drought and the same happened the next year when the Nationals won it all - the first Washington baseball team to do it in nearly a century.

I don't know who the new owner(s) will be and I'm almost certain they're not following this forum but on the slim chance that they are, they need to know it will always go double for this franchise. Pro football just hits different for Washingtonians. For proof, listen to the final two minutes of the franchise's first championship game in more than a quarter-century. You can barely hear the broadcasters over the din of the crowd breaking into the Amen Chorus. 

That passion is absolutely still here and you will not only make (even more) bank, you will be beloved in an almost cultish level if you manage to break this franchise's slump in a meaningful way. If we can embrace a Hartford-born, Georgetown educated lawyer and a shrewd, at times unscrupulous, Canadian business magnate as local heroes, we can do the same for you.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

14 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've said many times probably so that he indeed likely would spend but where I stop is saying yeah 100% there is nothing to worry about.  Some seem to believe they know how Bezos would act like they are long time friends and are vouching for him.  But unlike them I am not friends with him and I haven't had conversations with him about this. :ols:

My point is likely he's not cheap with this team.  I've said a million times I'd love to have him.  But some see me as being too critical when saying there is a small chance that his "frugal" culture motif would have a bearing on the team.   But you got me how others could vouch for him where we know with 100% certainty that the frugal cultiure motif of Amazon wouldn't impinge on this at all. 

It's a variable that isn't a deal breaker for me -- but I am not pretending it doesn't exist as a concern.    As far as his personality, I don't think people change, their personalities are static.  But even that's not a deal breaker with me either because I suspect he wouldn't be in the building much anyway. 

So my takes on Bezos are simple.  I'd love to have him.  Every person has red flags, those two variables are his potential red flags to me.  I prefer Harris and Rales.  But Bezos is the close runner up to me.

But the idea that Amazon is known for its frugality and Bezos and some of his managers are known to be often hot tempered and condescending, is all over the place.  A zillion articles about this.

They won't be making a movie anytime soon like they have about how Google for example is a great place to work for about Amazon.:ols:. Now i am willing and i do entertain the idea that all of that is likely out the widow here.  But IMHO its a bit pie in the sky to act like that dynamic doesn't exist in his background.  Everyone of these people have disclaimers.  Some act like that doesn't include Bezos but IMO they are wrong -- Bezos certainly has his own disclaimers, too.

<snip awesome article I did read, just snipped for size>

1)  Nope, didn't remember writing that, thanks for bearing with me.

2)  I guess I'm thinking the inner workings of Amazon are behind the curtain thing, but the facilities and stadium and all that other ish would be very public-facing.  

3)  You've convinced me, I just thought that it would be an important caveat given that it's something to show off, but a game of "MAKE THE INTERN CRY" certainly wouldn't be.

2 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

How is that tweet dated tomorrow?

Seriously, I said it before and I’ll say it again.  Are they really selling?  Owners not going to vote them out now at the upcoming meetings.  Been quiet on bids for the team.  Charges against pip squeak are fizzling. I will literally die inside if the Snyder’s own this team in August.

24 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

PHOENIX — Washington Commanders owner Daniel Snyder has declined to be interviewed by attorney Mary Jo White thus far as she conducts the NFL’s second investigation into Snyder and the team, three people with direct knowledge of the league’s inner workings said.

White is expected to make at least one more attempt to interview Snyder before her investigation is completed, one of those people said. It is not clear whether Snyder will agree.

White, a former U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York and the former chair of the Securities and Exchange Commission, has been investigating Snyder and the team since February 2022. The NFL, which has not provided a timetable for the completion of White’s investigation, has said the results will be released publicly.

The NFL declined to comment Sunday, citing the ongoing review. White did not respond to a recent request to comment.

...Any sale would have to be approved by at least three-quarters of the league’s owners. The owners on the NFL finance committee, which would vet any deal on a sale, met Sunday in Phoenix. One person with knowledge of the discussions said afterward that “nothing had changed” and expressed the view that the process could last until the fall.

But one owner expressed the view Sunday that Snyder will sell his team and leave the league without significant further rancor, adding: “What choice does he have?”

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jlevy08 said:

Seriously, I said it before and I’ll say it again.  Are they really selling?  Owners not going to vote them out now at the upcoming meetings.  Been quiet on bids for the team.  Charges against pip squeak are fizzling. I will literally die inside if the Snyder’s own this team in August.

Yes. 6 billions dollar transactions don’t happen quickly even when an asshole like Snyder isn’t involved. There is zero reason for concern. 

I find it funny seeing articles that say efforts to force out Dan are having the opposite effect.

He has only hired bank to oversee the sale... Had people throw out bids... had prospective buyers walking across his front lawn...

Everything is working as intended. The NFL's goal is to get him out as quietly as possible and we seem to be on that path.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, jlevy08 said:

When danny boy purchased the Redskins back in 1999, I believe 7 bidders were evaluated in January, by early April he was the only one left. The sale was approved at owner's meeting in late May. I hope this sale will follow the same pattern. I guess he's resisting MJW's interview to advance the sale process and then most of the current investigations will die on the wine.

ElKfLYuXIAEM8MQ.jpg

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35904912/commanders-owner-dan-snyder-tumultuous-tenure-washington

This is a good outline of the miserable snyder era. 

But there is a lot a color commentary one could add, unreported anecdotes, fan-sided persepctives, etc. 

As someone that is currently more anti-dan than commander fan, it's frustrating to try and convey to anyone else how i got to where im at. Mostly because the scope and scale of the story is just too much to take in and fully appreciate.

But this is a decent intro into how Dan ruined everything.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, FrFan said:

When danny boy purchased the Redskins back in 1999, I believe 7 bidders were evaluated in January, by early April he was the only one left. The sale was approved at owner's meeting in late May. I hope this sale will follow the same pattern. I guess he's resisting MJW's interview to advance the sale process and then most of the current investigations will die on the wine.

ElKfLYuXIAEM8MQ.jpg

Actually Milstein won the initial bidding. Dan was part of that group. The owners rejected Milstein and they had to start over. Dan formed his own bid and won.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1