Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

I doubt Snyder ends up with any % of ownership, even to pass on to his kid.

Your talking about a dude who is going to avoid being in this country because of what he's done. Getting back into a seat of power aint on the table, and its way harder for the NFL to sweep stuff under the rug if he is still an owner, even a minority one.

All ties will be severed. Its in the NFL's and Dan's personal best interests. He can buy his kid a few shares of a soccer team, not one from an org where his past will haunt him mentally and chase him legally.

59 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

How many reasons do you want?

No one in their right mind is partnering in any way with Snyder. He's Chernobyl level radioactive.

I don’t disagree but that’s not how he views himself.

So if he’s willing to take less money to be a minority partner with Harris or more specifically his son to be a minority partner with Harris and Harris says no you and your entire family are too toxic. Dan is suddenly going to say yes Josh I will still take less money to sell you the team and I will say thank you and won’t hate you for calling me and my kid toxic. Typical Dan right? 😆 

In my opinion, if Harris wants the team he’s going to have to make it work with Dan’s kid. If not, he’s out and it’s Bezos. I personally think it’s Bezos. 

I hate Dan like everyone else here and we are so close to the finish line that I can help desiring every little tidbit about Dan's supposed demise.  I think the rumors-tidbits are about to ramp up like mad starting Sunday because of the owners meeting.  I am braced for the torture-teasing. :ols:  I suspect the annoucement happens the week after the owners meetings. 

But i'll say this one thing about all these recent reports, there is one common theme and that is Dan is selling without the disclaimer that he might not.  Previously, we had the narrative that Dan is selling but with a disclaimer from some that maybe he won't -- that disclaimer right now is almost non-existent.    The only disclaimer I can recall in the last week was from the Sportico guy, he thinks Dan sells but there is a slight chance he doesn't.   But the slight chance he doesn't sell crowd is hardly anyone left now.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

lol, I am sorry I brought up the keep a few shares for Dan's son thought because its turning into a narrative here even though Jones strongly shot it down.  The idea of Dan holding on to some shares has been brought up here and there for months.  The way I took Mike Jones' segment is that the idea is rejected and people have moved on from it.

And I don't get the impression at all from those covering this story that keeping some shares is a narrative.  The thought seems to be he's selling all of it, including from Mike Jones.

The hold up based on common narratives are two fold.

A.  Dan might not have gotten his magic 6 billion number yet.

B.  He wants indemnfication

As far as Bezos seems to be two competing narratives

A.  Dan wants Bezos to bid or suggest he's about to bid to use him to up Harris' bid

B.  Dan genuinely wants Bezos to bid but Bezos still hasn't bid -- maybe he's suspicious that Dan is using him or is just waiting to do it right at the end.

Keim who is usually on the money seems like is closer to believing A than B but as he likes to say, no one really knows, and Dan is very unpredictable -- he's a tough dude to gauge.  

• Like 2

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

lol, I am sorry I brought up the keep a few shares for Dan's son thought because its turning into a narrative here even though Jones strongly shot it down.  The idea of Dan holding on to some shares has been brought up here and there for months.  The way I took Mike Jones' segment is that the idea is rejected.

And I don't get the impression at all from those covering this story that keeping some shares is a narrative.  The thought seems to be he's selling all of it, including from Mike Jones.

As far as Bezos there seems to be three competing narratives

A.  Dan wants Bezos to bid or suggest he's about to bid to use him to up Harris' bid

B.  Dan genuinely wants Bezos to bid but Bezos still hasn't bid -- maybe he's suspicious that Dan is using him or is just waiting to do it right at the end.

Keim who is usually on the money seems like is closer to believing A than B but as he likes to say, no one really knows, and Dan is very unpredictable -- he's a tough dude to gauge.  

You didn’t bring that up. Keim reported it weeks ago. No one knows what percentage of the team is up for sale. That has never been leaked. Every article by actual reporters caveats that fact. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

You didn’t bring that up. Keim reported it weeks ago. No one knows what percentage of the team is up for sale. That has never been leaked. Every article by actual reporters caveats that fact. 

I brought it up today, I said in the post you quoted its been brought up here for months by myself and others.  So i know the history of that rumor well.  My point is that rumor has been dying with narratives not heating up.  Jones basically referenced that same point, might have been considered awhile back, but not so now.  

Until Dan sells anything is possible.   

But the idea that we get Dan with the Harris team and not with Bezos is a narrative that is completely yours right now.  Can't think of anyone who covered the story who made that point.

Dan Snyder isn't keeping any part of an NFL franchise.  He's being forced out of the league by the other owners.  They're not going to let him keep his toes in the water, they'll boot his ass out if he tries to cling on here.  He's done in the NFL, and he's been done since that big ESPN story dropped ahead of our Thursday night game against the Bears.  If he draws the sale out too long, the owners will kick him out.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I brought it up today, I said in the post you quoted its been brought up here for months by myself and others.  So i know the history of that rumor well.  My point is that rumor has been dying with narratives not heating up.  Jones basically referenced that same point, might have been considered awhile back, but not so now.  

Until Dan sells anything is possible.   

But the idea that we get Dan with the Harris team and not with Bezos is a narrative that is completely yours right now.  Can't think of anyone who covered the story who made that point.

Dan would not have to be approved to retain shares. He would present a bid that he is selling  let’s say 80 to 85% of the team. The owners then would have to vote on that bid that is brought in.

If they voted no and gave a reason that they don’t want Dan to retain any ownership then that’s tantamount to expelling Dan but they would be doing it without having brought formal charges against Dan consistent with the NFL bylaws and that would stink of collusion. 

Dan keeping some of it is not as outrageous as it seems. Even the initial press release did not specify what percentage of a sale he is  entertaining. And if he is keeping some of it, you can absolutely bet there is delusion of regaining control in there somewhere. 

if Harris, Rales and Magic come forward with a bid that includes Dan there is absolutely no reason to have a parade in my opinion. They would have cut out some of the cancer but would leaving enough for it to metastasize. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Dan keeping some of it is not as outrageous as it seems. Even the initial press release did not specify what percentage of a sale he is  entertaining. And if he is keeping some of it, you can absolutely bet there is delusion of regaining control in there somewhere. 

Snyder harboring delusions of regaining control is not the same as there being an actual viable pathway to regaining control.  There is no earthly reason for these savvy businessmen to pay billions of dollars with a clause that would allow Snyder to get it all back.  Potential of Snyder selling less than all of the team is one thing (though as @Skinsinparadise pointed out, that speculation has died down lately).  The notion that Snyder could bamboozle multimillionaires into a sale with a poison pill that allows him to regain control strains all credulity.  

if Harris, Rales and Magic come forward with a bid that includes Dan there is absolutely no reason to have a parade in my opinion. They would have cut out some of the cancer but would leaving enough for it to metastasize. 

Same goes if Bezos comes forward with a bid that includes Snyder in the ownership.  It's meaningless pot stirring over something that has not had any indication of happening at all.

I mean why stop there?  Have you thought about the possibility that Bezos secretly hates the team and he wants to buy it to make it even worse?  That all that stands between us and ruin is Snyder's hatred for Bezos?  OMG!!!!!!!! PANIC!!!!!!!! (Please don't panic)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Same goes if Bezos comes forward with a bid that includes Snyder in the ownership.  It's meaningless pot stirring over something that has not had any indication of happening at all.

100% yes. Any bid that includes Snyder his progeny or anyone with greater than 1% DNA match to him or their spouses  must be shunned completely. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

Dan would not have to be approved to retain shares. He would present a bid that he is selling  let’s say 80 to 85% of the team. The owners then would have to vote on that bid that is brought in.

If they voted no and gave a reason that they don’t want Dan to retain any ownership then that’s tantamount to expelling Dan but they would be doing it without having brought formal charges against Dan consistent with the NFL bylaws and that would stink of collusion. 

Lets break down the narratives in 4 variables

A.  Dan just sells a minority of the team

B.  Dan sells the whole team

C.  Dan sells the majority of the team but keeps a small amount

D.  He doesn't sell at all.

When the narratives on this started A competed some with B.  Almost everyone said he likely sells the whole team but its possible he sells just a minority and slight chance he doesn't sell at all.  Over time the idea that he just sells a minority became more and more rare as a narrative in part because the thought was among other things no minority partner would go in with Dan and the NFL wouldn't approve it.  Some would say maybe he doesn't sell at all but those people are really rare these days.

The idea that Dan sells but actually keeps a minority stake was never the hot narrative.  A, B, D theories were much hotter mentions. That was sort of an off beat take that some pondered about.  If I recall for example Sheehan at one point did but got off it and for weeks he has been saying he sells the whole team.

I get you really really really really want Bezos. 

And I'll give you might have come up with perfect way to sell that Bezos > Harris.  Bezos rejects Dan as part of the ownership team.  And with Harris its almost a given that its a partnership with Dan.  But it feels like a Bezos fantasy.  :ols:

The only thing i'll give you is the one mantra about Dan is the dude is very unpredictable.  on some posts you seem like you got a good feel for what Dan will do under this or that scenario.  But the people who cover him don't share your confidence that he can be read.  So anything is possible.

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Lets break down the narratives in 4 variables

A.  Dan just sells a minority of the team

B.  Dan sells the whole team

C.  Dan sells the majority of the team but keeps a small amount

D.  He doesn't sell at all.

When the narratives on this started A competed some with B.  Almost everyone said he likely sells the whole team but its possible he sells just a minority and slight chance he doesn't sell at all.  Over time the idea that he just sells a minority became more and more rare as a narrative in part because the thought was among other things no minority partner would go in with Dan and the NFL wouldn't approve it.  Some would say maybe he doesn't sell at all but those people are really rare these days.

The idea that Dan sells but actually keeps a minority stake was never the hot narrative.  A, B, D theories were much hotter mentions. That was sort of an off beat take that some pondered about.  If I recall for example Sheehan at one point did but got off it and for weeks he has been saying he sells the whole team.

I get you really really really really want Bezos. 

And I'll give you might have come up with perfect way to sell that Bezos > Harris.  Bezos rejects Dan as part of the ownership team.  And with Harris its almost a given that its a partnership with Dan.  Sounds really crappy if that's the case.  If I believed it, I'd be helping you sell Bezos is by a mile our best choice and slam Harris as maybe being no better than Dan as some of your posts days back suggested.  But it feels like a Bezos fantasy.  :ols:

The only thing i'll give you is the one mantra about Dan is the dude is very unpredictable.  on some posts you seem like you got a good feel for what Dan will do under this or that scenario.  But the people who cover him don't share your confidence that he can be read.  So anything is possible.

Bezos might end up being crap too but with him we will have a palace to play games in and likely at the RFK site. I will probably buy season tickets again if that happens and fly out for most of the games.

That’s really my main attraction with Bezos plus the fact that logically he’s going to end up owning it so might as well back the winning horse. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Bezos might end up being crap too but with him we will have a palace to play games in and likely at the RFK site. I will probably buy season tickets again if that happens and fly out for most of the games.

That’s really my main attraction with Bezos plus the fact that logically he’s going to end up owning it so might as well back the winning horse. 

As I said many times, I am more than cool with Bezos.   But I am trying to be real, too.   

No indication, zero, that Harris would be Dan level bad.

No indication, zero that its Harris coming in with Snyder together in a bid and Bezos would be Snyder free.

All these guys have flaws.   I am cool with Harris, I am cool with Bezos. 

I'd be elated with either one.  I'd be somewhat dissappointed with the other 2 bidders but I'd still dig it if I must because it means Dan sells.  I think almost zero shot the next owner is even close to being as bad as Dan.  The bar is so freaken low on that front.  Bezos IMO has the highest ceiling.  Harris IMO has the highest floor.  

Most beat guys STILL think its Harris who wins the bid, just listened to Sheehan's new podcast he's sticking with Harris.  Listenied to Finlay's latest one, ditto Harris. Bram thinks Harris has the best shot.  Ditto Grant Pausen.   Keim seems skeptical that Bezos wins this.  

I am not saying Bezos doesn't win this.  I got no idea.  But to say its inevitable and its Bezos to lose, so lets bandwagon it now, is way jumping the gun.   Like I said, Dan is unpredictable. Maybe he's using Bezos as a tease to up other bids.  Maybe he's dead serious and would sell to Bezos.  You don't know the answer to that.  I don't know the answer.  No one does.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

No indication, zero, that Harris would be Dan level bad.

He hired private investigators to spy on his business partners. His choice of business partners to start Apollo is stunningly horrible. He is constantly in litigation with his business partners and was sued in a RICO lawsuit by his own mentor and a guy worth more than him not some random crazy person. 

Never created a business that actually produced value. Simply moved money around without creating a company that produced anything. He’s eerily similar to Dan. He happens to be a Putin doppelgänger instead of a Napolean one but close enough. 

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Bezos IMO has the highest ceiling.  Harris IMO has the highest floor.  

I vehemently disagree with this. Harris would be coming in with only owning around 30%. He would be controlled by his partners and it will all blow up.

Look at this board, we all want the Redskins to do well but we all have our opinions  on it. It’s going to be the same. Too many cooks in that kitchen and Harris is going to be in for a world of hurt with his partners and this fan base. The floor for Harris is extreme low.

Plus Bezos has a house in Washington and HQ2 is about to open in Arlington. Josh might have been from the area years ago but he’s a Pennsylvania guy living in Miami. Dude is going to be checked out as well after the honeymoon. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

He hired private investigators to spy on his business partners. His choice of business partners to start Apollo is stunningly horrible. He is constantly in litigation with his business partners and was sued in a RICO lawsuit by his own mentor and a guy worth more than him not some random crazy person. 

Never created a business that actually produced value. Simply moved money around without creating a company that produced anything. He’s eerily similar to Dan. He happens to be a Putin doppelgänger instead of a Napolean one but close enough. 

I vehemently disagree with this. Harris would be coming in with only owning around 30%. He would be controlled by his partners and it will all blow up.

Look at this board, we all want the Redskins to do well but we all have our opinions  on it. It’s going to be the same. Too many cooks in that kitchen and Harris is going to be in for a world of hurt with his partners and this fan base. The floor for Harris is extreme low.

Plus Bezos has a house in Washington and HQ2 is about to open in Arlington. Josh might have been from the area years ago but he’s a Pennsylvania guy living in Miami. Dude is going to be checked out as well after the honeymoon. 

You have no idea how much Harris would be owning..Where are you getting the 30% from?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

lol, I am sorry I brought up the keep a few shares for Dan's son thought because its turning into a narrative here even though Jones strongly shot it down.  The idea of Dan holding on to some shares has been brought up here and there for months.  The way I took Mike Jones' segment is that the idea is rejected and people have moved on from it.

As far as Bezos seems to be two competing narratives

Bro, I like the podcasts on my way to work. Why you always gotta ruin em 😂

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

lol, feels like another weekend diatribe coming from you on Harris coming up?  :ols:

I've digested a ton about both.  You got zero chance of convincing me that Bezos hung the moon and Harris is some sort of Dan level disaster.  If others want to buy into that, cool.  But no chance with me.  

I got no issue with having outlier ideas.  I got some of my own.  But if i am reading you right you got you share of them here.

A. The 30% ownership stuff for Harris (its possible but you are working with this as if its a declared fact but it isn't)

B.  Harris will bid with Dan together (not a soul has said the same thing)

C. Our knight in shining armour Bezos of course wouldn't allow Dan to own a single share (no one has said this either)

D. Harris is as bad as Dan stuff. (no one has said this, nothing even close)

E. This is how Dan will react to this or that which you do in some of your posts (none of the people who covered Dan are confident they can predict his behavior but you seem confident that you can on some fronts)

F.  The idea that this is Bezos team and its inevitable he wins (even though every beat writer I can think of is thinking the opposite unless I missed one)

I appreciate your uber enthusiasm for Bezos -- and I don't mean that sarcastically, I'd be jazzed if its Bezos,  I'd just have some reservations which I laid out.   But if he buys it and he ends up this rock star out of this world owner, the way you seem to see him, I'd be jazzed. 

But I almost feel bad for you if Harris lands this team.  I am not sure if you totally believe all this stuff about how bad Harris is or its just a way for you to get some here to share your intensity for Bezos.  But if you really are this pissy about Harris -- I think you have at least a 50% chance to be really dissappointed because not a single soul that is covering this narrative doesn't think he has a strong shot at this and most (both local and national) still believe Harris is the front runner.

For me its a win win, whether its Harris or Bezos, so I am chilled.  And I think one or the other likely lands the team  I'd enjoy the process?  Dan is selling.  It's all awesome.  

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, bh32 said:

You have no idea how much Harris would be owning..Where are you getting the 30% from?

That’s the minimum allowed by the NFL. Seems like he’s desperate for additional investors with the addition of Rales and Magic.

We don’t know what any bid will look like until one is leaked with specifics. We can make guesses based on the snippets that are reported.

He bought the Devils for $45 million and the Sixers for $280 million. Those numbers are practically a rounding error in this deal. He could only afford 51% of the Sixers when he made that deal. If he can come in at $3 billion to own 50% that would be surprising given his net worth. 

8 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

The owners are waiting to see what occurs over the coming weeks and possibly months with Snyder’s attempt to sell the franchise, his efforts to secure indemnification against legal liability and the outcome of the league’s second investigation into him and the team, said those people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the topic.

The prospective sale of the Commanders is expected to be discussed by the owners on the NFL’s finance committee, the two people said, and Snyder could be discussed during a privileged session attended only by teams’ primary owners. But there is no formal agenda item related to Snyder or the Commanders, according to one of the people with knowledge of the NFL’s planning.

For now, at least, owners appear to be standing down on any attempt to force Snyder to sell his team. Such a move would require a vote of at least three-quarters of the owners.

“The vote-out will happen if he insists on being indemnified” by the league and other owners, one person with direct knowledge of the owners’ views said, before referencing the recent sale of the Denver Broncos. “If the deal [to sell the team] is just like Denver, that’s fine. But if he expects special treatment, that leads to trouble. The biggest thing that will lead to a vote is if he says, ‘Indemnify me.’ That’s the issue.”

...Attorney Mary Jo White could make a push “over the next month or so” to complete her ongoing investigation of Snyder and the Commanders, that person said.

Leading bidders for the team attempted to complete a deal with Snyder ahead of this weekend’s league meeting, according to people familiar with the sales process. The prospective buyers include Josh Harris, the owner of the NBA’s Philadelphia 76ers and the NHL’s New Jersey Devils; Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, who owns The Washington Post; Tilman Fertitta, the owner of the NBA’s Houston Rockets; and Canadian commercial real estate developer and private equity executive Steve Apostolopoulos.

Apostolopoulos visited the team’s facilities recently while exploring a bid for the team, according to two people with knowledge of the visit. It is not clear whether he has entered a bid for the franchise.

Mitchell Rales, the co-founder of the Danaher Corporation, and former NBA great Earvin “Magic” Johnson are investors in Harris’s group. The addition of Rales positioned the group as an attractive alternative if Snyder does not want to sell to Bezos, estimated by Forbes to be the world’s third-wealthiest person, because of his ownership of The Post. A person with knowledge of the sales process said last month that Snyder had, to that point, rebuffed all efforts by Bezos to move forward in the process, although it was not clear whether that was merely a negotiating tactic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2