Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

18 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I gather Fox Business News who he works for doesn't cares about this.

I mean, it's the sale of an NFL franchise which their parent network has a deal with that league. Forbes has been all over it. Billions of dollars for one of 32. That's business news. If he had real business inside info here, I bet he would gotten  some TV time to at least say "Bezos" a few times. 

I get you want all the angles. Just know this guy isn't likely giving an honest inside look on anything. All that can be gleamed from this is like others are saying here, last push to drive up the price from the top bidder. Nothing else of what he says should be believed in his tweets or radio call-ins.

Edited by @DCGoldPants
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Yup

Gotta imagine that is the lesson learned from the Broncos sale. If you have a whale in the fish pond, they can end your whole auction prematurely.

Harris has said he was willing to go up to 5 Bill on the Broncos, but the second an uber rich whale comes into play it sucks the fight outta other parties. Then your franchise sells for 4.6 B when it could have gone for 5 B.

If you wanna maximize your profit, don't let Bezos bid. He outclasses his competition to too high a degree. The second he bids, your auction is likely over. If nobody is getting in a bidding war w/ 60B Walton, nobody is getting in a bidding war w/ 170B Bezos.

So the theory is that Harris is too dumb to see this obvious ploy coming—a ploy that was explained and hypothesized over and over again on a message board of all places? I have a hard time throwing in with any theory that has as its linchpin the idea that Snyder is outsmarting anybody. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

I mean, it's the sale of an NFL franchise which their parent network has a deal with that league. Forbes has been all over it. Billions of dollars for one of 32. That's business news. If he had real business inside info here, I bet he would gotten  some TV time to at least say "Bezos" a few times. 

I get you want all the angles. Just know this guy isn't likely giving an honest inside look on anything. All that can be gleamed from this is like others are saying here, last push to drive up the price from the top bidder. Nothing else of what he says should be believed in his tweets or radio call-ins.

It depends on how you define honest.  If its an honest take about what Dan wants to get out information wise -- he's about as good as we can find on that count.   

Others sometimes carry the water of the buyers take and what they want out, etc. 

But IMO what's more interesting to me is what does Dan want others to think he's thinking.   Dan is the mysterious figure in this soap opera and the most important figure in the process since he's driving the boat on this -- let alone he's the dude with the history of being somewhat unpredictable. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

The Bezos end of this has me mega confused, like if he truly hates Snyder and wants to hurt him why not release a simple statement saying something along the lines of "I have no interest in purchasing a team at this time, who knows what the future holds and i may explore that avenue someday". 

Of course he doesn't owe anyone anything, I just think that would clear a bunch of things up.

I hate this process so bloody much!!!

Edited by spjunkies
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

The Bezos end of this has me mega confused, like if he truly hates Snyder and wants to hurt him why not release a simple statement saying something along the lines of "I have no interest in purchasing a team at this time, who knows what the future holds and i may explorethat avenue someday". 

Of course he doesn't owe anyone anything, I just think that would clear a bunch of things up.

Snyder hates Bezos. Bezos doesn't care at all about Snyder.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Conn said:

So the theory is that Harris is too dumb to see this obvious ploy coming—a ploy that was explained and hypothesized over and over again on a message board of all places? I have a hard time throwing in with any theory that has as its linchpin the idea that Snyder is outsmarting anybody. 

I also find the idea that Bezos is suddenly going to swoop in with a huge offer to be dubious as well. He's not known to be some crazy extravagant spender who will go over the top on a bid just for ****s and giggles. Harris might just call the bluff and say "ok, if Bezos wants to come in and outbid me, let him"

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

The Bezos end of this has me mega confused, like if he truly hates Snyder and wants to hurt him why not release a simple statement saying something along the lines of "I have no interest in purchasing a team at this time, who knows what the future holds and i may explore that avenue someday". 

You are assuming Bezos has no interest in buying the team?  Most think he has an interest but granted he hasn't bid yet so maybe there is a chance he won't.  But this weird dance with Dan can clearly go in multiple directions.

I get the vibe its ending soon, maybe next week but more likely the week after.  I loved hearing from Dan's pal that basically Dan has checked out.

The prize is clearly Dan being gone.  The rest is gravy.  I will celebrate him selling no matter who buys the team.  I am most jazzed about Harris, Bezos to me is the runner up. 

But I can deal with the others too -- Dan selling gives this franchise a fighting chance to win something, finally.

I don't mind the back and forth gossip -- heck its the off season, not much going on anyway :ols: and regardless of what happens IMO, we win, and win big when Dan sells.

the one common thread as the sale gets closer is Dan is absolutely selling, and that IMO is more meaningful by far than who wins this bid IMO.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

I also find the idea that Bezos is suddenly going to swoop in with a huge offer to be dubious as well. He's not known to be some crazy extravagant spender who will go over the top on a bid just for ****s and giggles. Harris might just call the bluff and say "ok, if Bezos wants to come in and outbid me, let him"

If Bezos wasn’t planning to own the team he would not have hired Allen and Company to assist him. They processed the last two NFL sales, the Broncos and Panthers. Bezos would also not have entered into an NDA with Snyder through BofA recently if he was just window shopping.

The last part about Harris is exactly what Walton did to him. 

Bezos doesn’t have time to be playing games. If he wasn’t interested, he wouldn’t have tried to buy the minority shares from Fred Smith and Dwight Schar. He wants the team and he’s going to end up with it. That’s the most likely scenario. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 3

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

If Bezos wasn’t planning to own the team he would not have hired Allen and Company to assist him. They processed the last two NFL sales, the Broncos and Panthers. Bezos would also not have entered into an NDA with Snyder through BofA recently if he was just window shopping.

Bezos doesn’t have time to be playing games. If he wasn’t interested, he wouldn’t have tried to buy the minority shares from Fred Smith and Dwight Schar. He wants the team and he’s going to end up with it. That’s the most likely scenario. 

Maybe Bezos does want the team, but he's not a reckless and impulsive guy. He's not going to be goaded or manipulated into overbidding by a D list billionaire like Dan Snyder.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

This does make a lot of sense. I wonder if he told the firm not to make an offer until some mysterious point.

Didn't we have a source with inside knowledge on how this crap works?

8 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Maybe Bezos does want the team, but he's not a reckless and impulsive guy. He's not going to be goaded or manipulated into overbidding by a D list billionaire like Dan Snyder.

He hasn’t made his bid yet. He is actually being fair to Dan by doing that. Or Dan and his people don’t want his bid yet.

Harris dropped out of the Broncos bidding once Walton came in and Harris admitted he was will to go over 5 billion but didn’t want to bid against Walton. If Bezos had entered from day 1 it would have similarly if not more so depressed the bidding and the ultimate sale price. 

If it’s reached the point where the bids are maxed out without Bezos involvement, then it’s reached the point he can place his bid. That’s probably what the Garaspino tweets were about. Also, you can’t really over pay for an NFL team. If Bezos buys it for $7B in 5 years he will be able to sell it for more. 

Also in terms of not being reckless or impulsive, $5 billion is a lot to spend on blue origin to spend a few minutes in low earth orbit, but that’s a subjective assessment. To him it was worth it. Could be the same for owning the Redskins. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Who says this is a two horse race? This is all being played out close to the vest so we don't really know what's going on. We just have to wait and see.

18 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

Who says this is a two horse race? This is all being played out close to the vest so we don't really know what's going on. We just have to wait and see.

It’s actually a one horse race. If Bezos is permitted to bid and he chooses to do so it’s over. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

It’s actually a one horse race. If Bezos is permitted to bid and he chooses to do so it’s over. 

Says you. Personally, I think Bezos is fine waiting for Seattle but again, only Bezos and his barber knows for sure.

5 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don't even know what Larry Michael did before he was hired by the Skins.  Granted, that was a long time ago but he just appeared one day and I was like "Whatever, you're not Frank Herzog."

Larry was a program director at 106.7 WJFK in its heyday as a talk radio station in the '90s.

The Don & Mike Show used to have him on, as their boss, to make fun of him. He was a pretty good sport about it. WJFK used to broadcast Skins games, so I assume that's how he wormed his way into Dan's orbit.

• Like 1

We have no clue really what’s going on. Whatever is coming out is just games, trying to boost the price.

Dan wants 6 Billion at least.  If one if the bidders had bid that, we would’ve gotten a sale announcement.  We also know, they don’t like Bezos. So, Dan’s trying to get non Bezos bidders to bid his asking price.  We know Bezos can outbid anyone. So, if Dan can’t get his asking price; he will then relent and let Bezos bid, as long as Bezos meets his price.

So, who gets the team? That’s up to Dan. This game will probably play out a little longer, past the owners meetings next week. I think the only thing the owners will get next week regarding the sale, is an update.

7 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Also, you can’t really over pay for an NFL team. If Bezos buys it for $7B in 5 years he will be able to sell it for more. 

Agreed.

Also, league wide valuations increased by 10%+ directly after the Broncos sale. This is not just about Dan. He can’t freeze Bezos out. The league owners will be demanding he sells to the person who will offer the most. The higher the sale, the more their organisations increase in value. Seattle stand to benefit instantly from this.

The wildcard for me on this is about Bezos and if he really is interested, he’s played the game well this far. 

Edited by Est.1974
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, spjunkies said:

This does make a lot of sense. I wonder if he told the firm not to make an offer until some mysterious point.

Didn't we have a source with inside knowledge on how this crap works?

I asked Chat-GPT :silly:

bezos-commander-comp.jpg?quality=75&stri

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

this is the other big intentational sale being pursued with a big price.  Liverpool was dangled months back but it looks like Henry decided not to sell.  Angels owner put the team on the market and decided not to sell.

So with that in mind, the stories that all indications are Dan is selling I won't take for granted.  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11895881/Man-United-takeover-hopes-FADE-new-bids-set-fall-short-Glazers-6bn-valuation.html

The Qatar bid for Manchester United will finally land today — but it will still be way short of the Glazers’ valuation.

Amid claim and counter-claim, Wednesday night’s ‘soft’ deadline descended into farce before it emerged that neither the Sheik Jassim bin Hamad al-Thani group nor Sir Jim Ratcliffe’s Ineos team had lodged bids, despite their claims to the contrary.

Both were given extra time by Raine, the US bank running the process. The Ineos bid went in yesterday and that of Sheik Jassim is expected today. Both offers are thought to be around the £5billion mark.

However, while either would easily break the world record sum for buying a sports club, the Glazers are seeking much more. Insiders say that the Americans expect ‘well above £6billion’.

If the Glazers refuse to budge, the likelihood of a full sale going through is minimal. Indeed, there are growing concerns that those seeking to buy the club are wasting their time. Such a stand-off would leave the door open for offers of partial investment.