Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

23 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Doesn’t matter if the primary owner has only 30%.  Everyone is going to want to make sure the investment makes money.

Why is everyone investing in a distressed asset?  They see the potential to make money. They saw how this market was during the glory years.  They believe they can get it back to that. With the value of nfl franchises skyrocketing; now is the time to get in.

I think there’s to much smoke for it not to be Harris. Yeah, we know Bezos can outbid anyone but the sellers don’t want to sell to him. We’ve only heard little about him.

Even though the Allen trust has to eventually sell, they may take years. Also, one if the heirs wants to keep the team. I think Bezos, if he really wants them, will pressure them to sell now. 

I also wonder if they all see the fanaticism in the DC Defenders crowd.  The fans are here and clearly devoted and crazy when they wanna be.  That can come back

4 minutes ago, Lovi said:

I also wonder if they all see the fanaticism in the DC Defenders crowd.  The fans are here and clearly devoted and crazy when they wanna be.  That can come back

They have to appeal to younger generations. The boomers that were around in the 80s are dying off and this current generation has known nothing but losing.

The Defenders are a clean slate that everyone can get behind. The Commies have work to do.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

spongebob-panic.gif

Eh

I'd be more focused on the intent behind the tweet than the tweet itself. Nobody is leaking inside info. What is represented in the tweet itself seems like pure madness to me.

Even if Harris was scrambling to get the money together, you'd bring in a big money figure, not Johnson. No offense to Magic, but he is not even a billionaire. He is not moving the needle money wise in a significant direction. If someone brings in a Rales-like figure, then it has some merit... but Magic? naw.

Danny is just scratching and clawing to try and get someone to up their bid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, burgngold fan said:

Don't understand why anyone is so excited about any basketball ball players owning our football team!  This group they are putting together just makes me more apprehensive with every person added!  

The other side is comprised of a rapper and actor.

Whatever.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

7 minutes ago, burgngold fan said:

Don't understand why anyone is so excited about any basketball ball players owning our football team!  This group they are putting together just makes me more apprehensive with every person added!  

I'd recommend trying harder to differentiate signal from noise.  The minority owner's edition of Hollywood Squares is just noise.  It can be fun noise if you want it to be, but in the end it's not that important...

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, burgngold fan said:

I mean this sincerely: Why do you care either way?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Even if Harris was scrambling to get the money together, you'd bring in a big money figure, not Johnson. No offense to Magic, but he is not even a billionaire. He is not moving the needle money wise in a significant direction. If someone brings in a Rales-like figure, then it has some merit... but Magic? naw.

Magic was part of the group Harris had to buy the Bronco's. I don't think it has much to do with the money. I think of Magic as more of an ambassador who can help with a stadium and help with the politicians.

• Like 1

I cannot imagine anything more pivotal to a team's future than which sport a minority owner played when they're going to *maybe* scrape there way past the single digits in the percentage of the team they own.

I hope Michael Jordan gets involved, but using his NASCAR team ownership instead of NBA credentials.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Haha 3

Just now, Bifflog said:

I'd recommend trying harder to differentiate signal from noise.  The minority owner's edition of Hollywood Squares is just noise.  It can be fun noise if you want it to be, but in the end it's not that important...

Whoa pump the brakes!

Jay-Z brings Free Agents, extraordinary levels of instant clout and Beyonce wearing Washington gear.

Beyonce

in

Washington

gear

It matter a lot!

• Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

Magic was part of the group Harris had to buy the Bronco's. I don't think it has much to do with the money. I think of Magic as more of an ambassador who can help with a stadium and help with the politicians.

I think that too.

All the more reason I believe the "inside info" from that tweet is bupkis.

49 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Whoa pump the brakes!

Jay-Z brings Free Agents, extraordinary levels of instant clout and Beyonce wearing Washington gear.

Beyonce

in

Washington

gear

It matter a lot!

According to https://qa.answers.com/music-and-radio/Does_Beyonce_play_sports_if_so_what_sport

Beyonce played high school football before she had her operation to make her a woman. She still plays tennis and she plays Basketballusing a diamond studded basketball. Beyonce is from the planet Zarcon-5 and is 345 years old. Also two plus two equals five.”

she played football, so she has my vote for owner